++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 09-28-2002, 07:13 PM   #46
luvscott4ever
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by Dogstar
Ya never have to worry about me, luvscott

Cool, I didn't think so, you're pretty open minded!!! I think that's why we (you, me, teri, and Souldancer) get along soo well!!!

I'll give you everything I am, And still fall short of what you've done for me..Creed (what I would say to Creed, if given a chance)

Is she not right? Is she insane?..(They must be singing about me!! lol) Disturbed
Old 09-28-2002, 07:15 PM   #47
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Def!
Old 09-29-2002, 01:01 AM   #48
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Damn straight. The 4 Musketeers.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 09-29-2002, 02:22 AM   #49
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
All for one and one for all!
Old 09-29-2002, 02:52 AM   #50
souldancer
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by luvscott4ever
<b>whew, you were the 3 three (Terib, Dogstar, Souldancer) I worried about (for obvious reasons) and comtemplated stating my opinion on this thread, but now that it sounds like you don't want to hang me &nbsp; &nbsp;I can move on out of here!!! thanks for understanding...like Dogstar said, "Peace, love, joy and happiness!" &nbsp; </b>

Luvscott...4th Muskateer just rode in and is confirming there is an open mind and heart always here for my friends like you - and others that are humble and authentic to their true nature!
Old 09-29-2002, 03:04 AM   #51
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
YES!!
Old 09-29-2002, 03:25 AM   #52
souldancer
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Unforgiven Fan
MY Opinon on this topic:
arbortion should be only used when the mother's health is at a sevear risk, the unborn in certain it is not going to make, or rape victims. No abortion should be done just becuase the mother does not want the kid...
Thank you UF, glad to hear from a male, appreciate your comments. Would also like to suggest that "the father" be included in that last line, as sometimes (maybe rare) it is a joint decision.
Old 09-29-2002, 01:14 PM   #53
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
That is very true. Most often, the father is never mentioned.

Old 09-29-2002, 06:52 PM   #54
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Lady Valkyrie Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Valkyrie
I often hear people say that they could never carry a child from a rape/incest situation for that child would be a symbol of the violence that was perpetrated upon them. That child is just that, a child not a symbol. Punish the child for what the father has done?! IMHO I don't think you should punish an innocent child to death for what it's sperm donor(a rapist/molestor doesn't deserve the title of father) has done to you. With that mentality we should kill the mother and father of the rapist/molestor for even bringing such a monster into this world. Sounds drastic? So does killing an innocent child for what it's sperm donor has done. I feel that you should give that innocent child a chance at life instead of condemming it to death for the sins of it's sperm donar... give it up for adoption.

~~~~~I am my kid's mom.~~~~~

~~~My Diary~~~~My Photos~~~
Old 09-30-2002, 02:57 AM   #55
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
IMHO, the real punishment for that child would be a lifetime sentence of knowing that she was conceived in such a violent, inhumane and hideous manner, that she was not conceived in love. If the child is adopted, at some point he or she might want to know about his or her birth parents. That would be a hideous realization for anyone. The psychological damage from that would be endless.
Old 09-30-2002, 06:03 AM   #56
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Excellent point. I know I have an endless curiosity about things. And if I were adopted, I would always wonder and would probably want to act on my curiosity just to know the truth. How horrible it would be, not only to find out the horrible truth about my conception, but to bring up all that pain for the birth mother again.

Old 09-30-2002, 06:52 AM   #57
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Lady Valkyrie Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Valkyrie
So let's kill the child to keep it from knowing the truth? Isn't that harsh? IMHO, It sounds to me that you are taking something that may not even happen (knowing the facts of their conception), as an excuse to fullfill the selfish desire to be rid of an innocent child. No excuse is worthy of killing an innocent child. That child, once it becomes an adult, may or may not want to know who it's biological parents are. And even if they do want to know, and even if they found out who their mother was who is to say that they'd even find out who the father was or if the mother would even want to tell how that child was concieved. Inevitabbly it is the mother who has control over whether that child finds out how it was concieved. The humane thing to do, IMHO, is to give that innocent child the chance at life, and if by chance when it grows up and wants to know the biological parents, do not tell them that that they were a product of rape/incest. Why would a mother blurt that out to their child anyway? That is what is inhumane. I'm not sure of all the legalities of adoption but I really don't think that a mother even has to tell the adoption agency who the father is. She doesn't have to tell that at all. But to kill a child just so they don't find out that they are a product of rape/incest just seems like a selfish excuse. one can never be sure if the child will even want to know their biological parents. And even if they did the adoption agency may never know who the father was. And the mother isn't forced to allow that information to fall into the hands of anyone let alone the child.

I'm going to research the legalities of the adoption aspect more. I may have more info later.

~~~~~I am my kid's mom.~~~~~

~~~My Diary~~~~My Photos~~~
Old 09-30-2002, 11:38 AM   #58
allison
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Lady Valkyrie
I often hear people say that they could never carry a child from a rape/incest situation for that child would be a symbol of the violence that was perpetrated upon them. That child is just that, a child not a symbol. Punish the child for what the father has done?! IMHO I don't think you should punish an innocent child to death for what it's sperm donor(a rapist/molestor doesn't deserve the title of father) has done to you. With that mentality we should kill the mother and father of the rapist/molestor for even bringing such a monster into this world. Sounds drastic? So does killing an innocent child for what it's sperm donor has done. I feel that you should give that innocent child a chance at life instead of condemming it to death for the sins of it's sperm donar... give it up for adoption.

I agree completely. It can't be right to punish the child for what the father did. The child is innocent.

No, Marcos, thank YOU!
Old 09-30-2002, 12:03 PM   #59
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
All I'm saying is that it is another factor for the mother to consider in a case of rape. You are right, I'm sure the mother isn't legally bound to tell the child anything. I'm just saying it's a possibilty, if you read the post carefully. Not all adopted children have that curiosity, but some might, and I think it would be a horrible discovery, if made. And maybe it is a selfish excuse but it's a realistic consideration, IMHO. What bothers me about some people, and I emphasize some, who oppose abortion is that they never seem to want to consider the ramifications of unwanted pregnancy on the mother, the family, the child or society.
Old 09-30-2002, 08:55 PM   #60
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I am pro-choice, and I am outta here. Pretty soon I may just leave this entire Religous forum. Debate, in and of itself, is enjoyable.... to a point. I've reached that point, I've realized this is not a subject I want to go back and forth on because no one's mind will be changed here. Thanks and peace.