++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 09-27-2002, 11:18 PM   #31
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
LOL!! You make me laugh Aimee! Aye, Lassie, it is a wee bit late fer all yer !!!. But bein' on me second glass o'tha cabernet, I'm not knowin' the difference.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 09-27-2002, 11:30 PM   #32
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
LMAO....My Irish has been up about Catholicism for decades! I know what you mean.
Old 09-27-2002, 11:33 PM   #33
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I find it gets up easier and easier these days. I think I'm going the wrong way. The older I get, the less patient I become.

Old 09-28-2002, 12:30 AM   #34
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Lady Valkyrie Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Valkyrie
Quote: Originally posted by TeriB19
<b>But my point is this, when I was in school I was always taught that if you had an abortion, you would be automatically &nbsp;excommunicated from the church. This is the church that will not be responsible for bringing up the baby (other than spiritually). I believe it is the individual's decision, and yes, they will have to live with the consequences one way or the other. I am looking at it from the angle that the church tell us "you can't do this" but will not be there if "you do". It's never black and white. There are always shades of grey. </b>

This is exactly why I refuse to become an official member of any Christian denomination. I will attend many different churches of many different denominations. I will take the "meat" of the messages weigh them against what I study in the Bible and whatever doesn't agree with the Holy Bible I throw out. But I refuse to get caught up in this whole man made denomination, made up of rules and regulations that aren't even biblical.

A mere man may be able to excommunicate a person from a man made institution called a church... but they cannot excommunicate a person from the arms of God himself. In the realm of Christianity...You don't need a church, pastor, minister, or Reverand to reach God. My Holy Bible states that anyone who calls upon the name of the Lord will be heard. My Bible says that anyone who recieves Jesus into their hearts is saved. My Holy Bible states that Jesus is the way, the truth, and the Life, and that no one can come to the Father God except through Him(Jesus).

No church institutution can keep you away from God! God isn't in those four walls of that Catholic Church... nor the Baptist church... nor the Methodist church. When you ask Christ into your heart... HE IS WITHIN YOU!

Now please remember I am speaking in the realm of Christianity. I speak for no other religion here.

~~~~~I am my kid's mom.~~~~~

~~~My Diary~~~~My Photos~~~
Old 09-28-2002, 12:38 AM   #35
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Lady Valkyrie Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Valkyrie
By the way... I've mentioned this somewhere on this board... but I was 16 when I had my first child. Abortion never crossed my mind. Having that child may have very well saved my life. I was heading down a path that I probably would have died on. That child made me grow up real quick. I never regret having him at that age...I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE TO HAVE A CHILD THAT AGE MIND YOU... but I just feel that God took my stupid actions of getting pregnant too young and turned it around and it helped me to grow up and fly straight.

Also I was raped at the age of 15... I knew the chances of me being pregnant. I never once thought about abortion. I had it made up in my mind that I would give the baby up for adoption. At least that way that child would have a chance at life.

~~~~~I am my kid's mom.~~~~~

~~~My Diary~~~~My Photos~~~
Old 09-28-2002, 01:51 AM   #36
luvscott4ever
USER INFO »
ah, it finally gets around to that!!! I'm sorry, but NOO WAY am I gonna carry a child I HAD NO CONCENT IN MAKING!!!! A rape/incest child!!!! I just couldn't do it!!! I was gonna say something about this earlier on the board but thought better about it, but now that I see it, it enrages me, maybe cuz I've had a little to drink, but still, I couldn't imagine carrying around for months, a child I was FORCED/BEAT !!! into creating...maybe I shouldn't post this, but I just had to...I have a daughter too, one that was conceived in love ( so I thought) and SHE WAS/IS the best thing that every happened to me, and I can't imagine my life without her and I believe every life is sacred too, but I just don't think I could bear a child I had no control in making...I'm sorry if I've offended anyone, but that's just the way I feel...

I'll give you everything I am, And still fall short of what you've done for me..Creed (what I would say to Creed, if given a chance)

Is she not right? Is she insane?..(They must be singing about me!! lol) Disturbed
Old 09-28-2002, 01:55 AM   #37
luvscott4ever
USER INFO »
Just in case I have offended, that was the last post for me on this thread, I would rather stick to the others anyway, they are happier and funnier and make me laugh and in my life, I'd rather laugh and be happy then talk about lives (mother and child) being destroyed...See ya on the lighter side of life.....

I'll give you everything I am, And still fall short of what you've done for me..Creed (what I would say to Creed, if given a chance)

Is she not right? Is she insane?..(They must be singing about me!! lol) Disturbed
Old 09-28-2002, 02:12 AM   #38
souldancer
USER INFO »
Loud and clear Luvr - I HEAR YOU...where are you going? May I humbly follow with light, love and peace!
Old 09-28-2002, 02:26 AM   #39
luvscott4ever
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by souldancer
Loud and clear Luvr - I HEAR YOU...where are you going? &nbsp;May I humbly follow with light, love and peace!

Going anywhere but this post!!! I wasn't even going to read my replies, but I saw it was you, and thought I would see, was a little afraid of the outcome of what I said...I'm definately NOT a leader, but you can follow with light, love and peace...it's the ONLY WAY TO GO!!!!

Old 09-28-2002, 03:08 AM   #40
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Amen, Souldancer and Luvscott. Peace, love, joy and happiness!
Old 09-28-2002, 12:36 PM   #41
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by luvscott4ever
I'm sorry, but NOO WAY am I gonna carry a child I HAD NO CONCENT IN MAKING!!!! &nbsp;A rape/incest child!!!! I just couldn't do it!!! &nbsp;I just don't think I could bear a child I had no control in making...I'm sorry if I've offended anyone, but that's just the way I feel...
No offense taken and I totally agree. I just couldn't imagine it. The child would be a symbol of violence, rage and anger to me.

Old 09-28-2002, 12:40 PM   #42
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Ditto.
Old 09-28-2002, 06:49 PM   #43
luvscott4ever
USER INFO »
whew, you were the 3 three (Terib, Dogstar, Souldancer) I worried about (for obvious reasons) and comtemplated stating my opinion on this thread, but now that it sounds like you don't want to hang me I can move on out of here!!! thanks for understanding...like Dogstar said, "Peace, love, joy and happiness!"

Old 09-28-2002, 07:05 PM   #44
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Ya never have to worry about me, luvscott
Old 09-28-2002, 07:07 PM   #45
Unforgiven Fan
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Unforgiven Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Unforgiven Fan
MY Opinon on this topic:
arbortion should be only used when the mother's health is at a sevear risk, the unborn in certain it is not going to make, or rape victims. No abortion should be done just becuase the mother does not want the kid...