++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 03-21-2006, 07:39 PM   #16
SecretWeapon
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Homosexuality Is Result Of Genes, Brain Structure, Hormones, Contradicts fundies.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Lunar Shadow) Wow you really don't understand genetic science do you? let alone the fact that Psycho analysis has been shown to be sketchy at best... why subscribe to a hit and miss science and ignore one that produces hard data? Are you just afraid to think that your god (if he even does exist) would be so cruel to make some one gay and then brand homosexuality a sin? PLEASE!

Oh really? Psycho analysis is sketchy at best? Wow. I'd like to see you walk on down to Harvard and say that to men who have devoted their lives to the study and teaching of psychology.

But I guess I shouldn't be surprised at a professional's input being rejected out of the blind faith of Evolution. It was done at Wistar 40 years ago when
life from none life was mathematically disproven, but I guess you'd just say that mathematics is "sketchy at best", too. Why subscribe to a hit and miss
science you say? I think I should have asked you that same question a long time ago.

I'm not afraid of anything. God made, then Satan took away, making sin, and then people started being gay after Satan drug them down into sin. Homosexuality was always wrong. It was always "an abomination".
God making people gay has nothing to do with it real life. Heat was always hot , no matter how much cold is created. It was always wrong. It always will be a sin. And about my God being "so cruel" ... I'm sure you know John 3:16-17.

Last edited by SecretWeapon : 03-21-2006 at 07:44 PM.
Old 03-21-2006, 07:41 PM   #17
SecretWeapon
USER INFO »
Re: Homosexuality Is Result Of Genes, Brain Structure, Hormones, Contradicts fundies.....

sorry, double post.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:05 AM   #18
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Re: Homosexuality Is Result Of Genes, Brain Structure, Hormones, Contradicts fundies.

Quote: (Originally Posted by SecretWeapon) But I guess I shouldn't be surprised at a professional's input being rejected out of the blind faith of Evolution. It was done at Wistar 40 years ago when
life from none life was mathematically disproven, but I guess you'd just say that mathematics is "sketchy at best", too. Why subscribe to a hit and miss
science you say? I think I should have asked you that same question a long time ago.

Blind faith in evolution huh? Wow you really have no clue do you I mean really how can you sit there and act as if you know my views on Evolution vs. Creation? Have I come out in favor of Evolution and A biogenesis? Yes this is true but do I have blind faith? No I don't Evolution is the best explanation for why things are the way they are. Evolution happens there is no doubt about that and that is something you can not deny.... But to what extent does evolution dictate the rise and fall of different species? I would not be able to say for certain. You see blind faith is an unwillingness to change (much like a run of the mill Fundie Christian like the ones we have here at Creed Feed). Now I on the other hand learn new things every day and change my world view accordingly based on what I have learned which makes it impossible to have blind faith.
Quote: I'm not afraid of anything. God made, then Satan took away, making sin, and then people started being gay after Satan drug them down into sin. Homosexuality was always wrong. It was always "an abomination".
God making people gay has nothing to do with it real life. Heat was always hot , no matter how much cold is created. It was always wrong. It always will be a sin. And about my God being "so cruel" ... I'm sure you know John 3:16-17.
I am not afraid or anything either I am not afraid of life nor death nor the imaginary concepts of god or the devil. But you are missing a key point here SecretWeapon. If god made everything than he made the devil and evil and is personally responsible for all the pain and suffering that has occurred and will occur. There for god is evil which negates the Christian model of god.

Regardless if you can not stay on topic then I will not respond to your posts. If you want to raise another topic start a new thread and stop hijacking mine.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:57 AM   #19
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Your Right

i wont argue with you love your opions but i cant always stay on topic, most people and christian socity will egnore that fact and will not hear that fact, because God Is A God Of Love And Wisdom And Right In All Judgements And Loves And Breeds All His Creations God Did Not Hide His Message From His People Who It Was Written My Words Are Not The AUTHER Of Confusion most folks have got what i call the zombie Ray on theme, and his ways that no one seems to understand is that HE Is A God Of Love And The Message Was A Wrong And A Right What Everybody Loves To Disagree About It BEING GAY WAS WRONG HE SHOWED EXAMPLE BY DESTROYING A CITY KILLING, All Through The Old TES, You will Find The WRATH OF GOD and for those who have grown in wisdom Not In Relgion But Just In The Bible And The Ways Of God what he asked of his people was simple was to obey His Rules they never did so i dont care what the bible says about being GAY is wrong i pay about as much attention to that as eve eating that apple we still what being gay is called through the eyes Of God It Is A SIN But it Is Also An AFLICTION and only one Could Hear And Understand Their Aflictions and everybodys, And They Have A RIGHT TO LIVE, And Not Walk In Shame, Regardless Of The World And The Evil In It, THE SERRVANT AS SEEN BY MAN, ISA.53.3 SURLEY he hath be borne our griefs Amen And Carried our Sorrows Amen Yet we did esteem him stricken smiten Of God And Afflicted But He Was Wounded For Our Transgressions he was bruised for our iniquities the chaistisement of Our peace was upon him and with his stripes we our healed all we like sheep have gone astray BUT YET HAD HELP, as the bible explains by the wolves in sheeps cloths we have turned away one to his own way and the lord hath laid on him the iniqutiy of us all, HIS DEATH SEEN BY MAN He was oppresserd and he was Afficted yet he opened not his mouth he was the lamb brought for the slaughter and as the sheep before her shearers is dumb so he openth not his mouth he was taken from his prison and from jugement and who shall declare his genration for he was cut off from the land of the living for the abomanations of his people was he stricken and he made his grave with the wicked and with the rich in his death because he had no violence neither was any decit in his mouth, He Shall see of the travail of his soul and shall be satisfied by his knowlege shall my righteous serveant Justify Many for he shall be their sins so where does it say that gays dont have same rights as anybody else in the church but not with their relationship in christ our lord
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 03-22-2006, 01:04 AM   #20
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Re: Homosexuality Is Result Of Genes, Brain Structure, Hormones, Contradicts fundies.....

Quote: I am not afraid or anything either I am not afraid of life nor death nor the imaginary concepts of god or the devil. But you are missing a key point here SecretWeapon. If god made everything than he made the devil and evil and is personally responsible for all the pain and suffering that has occurred and will occur. There for god is evil which negates the Christian model of god.

For someone who supposedly spent time actually studying Christianity, as you have told us before, you know a pitifully small amount about it...
Old 03-22-2006, 04:16 AM   #21
RalphyS
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) For someone who supposedly spent time actually studying Christianity, as you have told us before, you know a pitifully small amount about it...

Where did the devil come from, supposedly?

Ralphy's Cool Music Site www.aowekino.nl
Old 03-22-2006, 02:46 PM   #22
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RalphyS) Where did the devil come from, supposedly?

There are many different traditions but the thing that is agreed upon is that Lucipher was an angel who turned bad. God created him, but He did not create him evil. Lucipher turned away from God and the rest is obvious.

It is basically the same story as Adam and Eve. God created them, gave them free will, and they turned away from God. God didn't create them with a defect, He just gave them the ability to choose.
Old 03-22-2006, 05:45 PM   #23
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) There are many different traditions but the thing that is agreed upon is that Lucipher was an angel who turned bad. God created him, but He did not create him evil. Lucipher turned away from God and the rest is obvious.

It is basically the same story as Adam and Eve. God created them, gave them free will, and they turned away from God. God didn't create them with a defect, He just gave them the ability to choose.

Adam and Eve???

Stephen do you believe in Creationism, right? But Im curious (of course--other way wasnt me lol) :...Because I remember you saying to me that you couldnt despise Evolutionism ...is this or I am dreaming and you never said that????
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 03-22-2006 at 05:49 PM.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:02 PM   #24
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »

The stories in Genesis are not necessarily literally true or not. they could be, they dont have to be. But the substance of all the stories are definitely true. And I believe Adam and Eve is most likely more true than not.

Why the shocked face? I am a Christian. Believing in Adam and Eve is not such a leap. Indeed one would think being a Christian without believing in Adam and Eve would be a bit strange, don't you agree?

Evolution has nothing to do with this. Whether or not God literally created the Earth in six solar days (an idea I find increasingly preposterous), has no bearing on the situation.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:57 PM   #25
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) There are many different traditions but the thing that is agreed upon is that Lucipher was an angel who turned bad. God created him, but He did not create him evil. Lucipher turned away from God and the rest is obvious.

a few bible verses to consider about god and evil.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Isaiah 45:6-7)
6 "That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.
7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

god himself claims responsibility for evil. you cant argue with the text of your own book. but if you feel the need to go ahead and be my guest.
Old 03-23-2006, 12:34 AM   #26
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »

Not sure what translation you are using but the ones I use do not use the word "evil". They use "woe" or osmething similar. The intention of the verse is to show that God has power over everything--to show that it is God who punishes, who provides justice, etc. This is nothing new. After the first sin, God is justified in whatever he might deal upon us.
Old 03-23-2006, 02:01 AM   #27
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Not sure what translation you are using but the ones I use do not use the word "evil". They use "woe" or osmething similar. The intention of the verse is to show that God has power over everything--to show that it is God who punishes, who provides justice, etc. This is nothing new. After the first sin, God is justified in whatever he might deal upon us.

I cross referenced a few versions
this particulatr quote is from KJV

but it is in many others what trasnslation do you use?
I personally prefer the NET bible it is the most accurate when it comes to launguage (sorry if they are typos I am a bit tipsy)
Old 03-23-2006, 07:34 PM   #28
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) The stories in Genesis are not necessarily literally true or not. they could be, they dont have to be. But the substance of all the stories are definitely true. And I believe Adam and Eve is most likely more true than not.

Why the shocked face? I am a Christian. Believing in Adam and Eve is not such a leap. Indeed one would think being a Christian without believing in Adam and Eve would be a bit strange, don't you agree?

Evolution has nothing to do with this. Whether or not God literally created the Earth in six solar days (an idea I find increasingly preposterous), has no bearing on the situation.

All right ...but I think your position here is at least a little bit different from the answer you gave me by email/pm ...anyway...

PS: talking about emails/pms ..(btw Im sure you are gonna hate me for this ...) you need to clear up your inbox some of these days ...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 03-23-2006, 09:54 PM   #29
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Lunar Shadow) I cross referenced a few versions
this particulatr quote is from KJV

but it is in many others what trasnslation do you use?
I personally prefer the NET bible it is the most accurate when it comes to launguage (sorry if they are typos I am a bit tipsy)

I use the NAB and a few others I don't know the name of. Even if it uses the particular word "evil" though, that changes nothing. Bring something bad upon someone who has sinned against God is justice. That is the idea. It is poetry. One doesn't always use the perfectly correct technical term, although in this case, any term would be sufficient.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:02 PM   #30
SecretWeapon
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Lunar Shadow) I am not afraid or anything either I am not afraid of life nor death nor the imaginary concepts of god or the devil. But you are missing a key point here SecretWeapon. If god made everything than he made the devil and evil and is personally responsible for all the pain and suffering that has occurred and will occur. There for god is evil which negates the Christian model of god.

Regardless if you can not stay on topic then I will not respond to your posts. If you want to raise another topic start a new thread and stop hijacking mine.

Not stay on topic? I'm not sure what you mean. You asked

Quote: Are you just afraid to think that your god (if he even does exist) would be so cruel to make some one gay and then brand homosexuality a sin? PLEASE!

to which I answered

Quote: I'm not afraid of anything. God made, then Satan took away, making sin, and then people started being gay after Satan drug them down into sin. Homosexuality was always wrong. It was always "an abomination".

If answering your own question is straying off topic,
then maybe you are too fickle, and should not post in
these forums, as you can't stand to have your statements
responded to. If you hate my answers, then why not
just tell me to never post in your threads again? And
while I'm at it, if you hate answers like mine, then why
do you even start threads, anyways?

You can be a very self-defeating person sometimes...

Last edited by SecretWeapon : 03-24-2006 at 10:04 PM.