++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 11-25-2002, 04:11 PM   #1
JenRN
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Getting married to young? And soul mates?

Know that all this "stuff" is out about Hilaree and Scott, what do you think is too young to get married? This is a perfect example of how not really being with someone for a long time before marrying them can lead to problems!!! She was 19 when she married him and he was 24, I think? Anyways how young is too young to get married? Do you really know your desires in life before the age of 25? I got married at 22 and yeah I definatley believe I was too young! I don't have any kids but... I still think it was too young, I have changed so much since then! Also, do you believe in soul mates? If you are with someone do you believe it is your soul mate? What do you think the definition of soul mate is?

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 11-25-2002, 05:04 PM   #2
hotforscott
USER INFO »
I am a too young story all the way. I got pregnant with my 1st at 18, had her at 19, got married at 19, pregnant again at 20, had him at 21, I am now 23 and he is 30. i love him and he is a great guy, but there have been a lot of issues that have come up because we didn't know everything about eachother. we don't have major problems, like drugs or alchohol, but we didn't have the "alone time" that I feel you need before you have children. i would'nt change one thing about my life, but I feel if I were to giv advice, I would say wait. and also make sure you discuss children BEFORE you have them. dicipline, how many, etc. i am not sure how to answer the soul mate thing. i feel i have my soul mate. i couldn't imagine being with anyone else and i don't think there is anything that could come our way that we could not overcome. we couldn't imagine doing it w/o eachother.
Old 11-25-2002, 05:32 PM   #3
Wind
USER INFO »
:)

Well,I was married the first time at 28 and my first husband was older than me,he was 30.And we dated and were engaged for 6 yrs before we got married.and we were married for 6 yrs,and it just wasn't going well,by the second year of marriage I was ready to leave,the big mistake I made was not living with him before we got married,if I had I would have never married him.And we got divorced,then I met my second husband,Cayukatee.We met online,and got to know each other throught the computer and talking on the phone.He is 13 yrs younger than me,so I was 33 and he was 20 yrs old when we met.And he came to be with me,and we never were apart again,we started a life together,and we truly are kindred spirits,we have been together for 5 yrs now,and married 1 year and have our 3 yr old daughter together.I am still on cloud nine with him and adore him,as he does me.I guess sometimes it's just about clicking with someone.We have great communication with each other.I didn't have that with my first husband.And I'm really happy with Cayukatee.
Old 11-26-2002, 04:14 AM   #4
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Getting married young was something our parents did because that's what you were supposed to do. Nowadays, it's more common to take your time and not rush into things. With me, I met my husband when I was 26, we lived together for a year and a half, got engaged, got married and had 2 more years of alone time (which should really be mandatory!!). Had Jenn when I was 2 months past my 30th birthday and Amanda 2 years later. I think there is no one else for me buy my husband. We have the greatest relationship, very much give and take, and we have lots of laughter. If you have a strong bond of friendship, love and laughter, I think that's a recipe for a long and happy marriage. I don't really know too much about soulmates, but I know I wouldn't want any other soul than the one I am married to. There has to be major communication before any huge decision too. How many kids, how will we raise them, how will we discipline them. Don't wait until there here to decide what to do with them.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 11-26-2002, 05:07 AM   #5
souldancer
USER INFO »
I think that age is so individual and experience is also a variable. But, if I have to pick an age, I would say too young is maybe less than 25 - but ...as before - depends on individual. I know some 30+ year olds that are so immature and out of touch that they don't seem ready for marriage. Knowing yourself and having good communication skills with your partner are so important. I
Yes, I do believe in 'soulmates', and consider that my late husband and I were (are) soulmates. I can only attempt to make a description. It's a special relationship, a deep, sacred, eternal connection with another. Each individual is respected for their individuality and contribution to the partnership which is driven by love for the other and fired by committment. The union is greater than two individuals, and love for one is multiplied and felt by the other. The same is true for sorrow as the two are bound through heartfelt strings of compassion. There are no consciously made roles, expectations, obligations - decisions/actions come naturally and take their course as in a beautiful dance.
Old 11-26-2002, 07:31 PM   #6
Read JDM
USER INFO »
Wow. Those are some of the longest posts in any thread. Anyway, my girlfriend and I have been together for more than 4 years now. We met when I was a junior in college and she was a freshman. I've known since about halfway through the first year we were together that I would want to marry her -- yes, I believe in soulmates. I still want to marry her and I plan on doing just that. However, I am glad that I've waited this long. I am ready to propose to her mentally, but, since she just graduated college, I don't think she's mentally prepared to be married... even though I know she would say yes. She needs at least a year out of school to see the so-called real world (as long as she doesn't go too far, if you know what I mean). I know that if I tried getting married less than a year or so out of school, I wouldn't've been able to handle it nearly as well as I could now. I've got a more mature understanding of things. I'm more responsible. Plus, I can afford a much nicer ring!
Old 11-26-2002, 08:55 PM   #7
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Read JDM
Wow. Those are some of the longest posts in any thread. Anyway, my girlfriend and I have been together for more than 4 years now. We met when I was a junior in college and she was a freshman. I've known since about halfway through the first year we were together that I would want to marry her -- yes, I believe in soulmates. I still want to marry her and I plan on doing just that. However, I am glad that I've waited this long. I am ready to propose to her mentally, but, since she just graduated college, I don't think she's mentally prepared to be married... even though I know she would say yes. She needs at least a year out of school to see the so-called real world (as long as she doesn't go too far, if you know what I mean). I know that if I tried getting married less than a year or so out of school, I wouldn't've been able to handle it nearly as well as I could now. I've got a more mature understanding of things. I'm more responsible. Plus, I can afford a much nicer ring!

Ahhhh... sounds like you are so good to her, lucky lady! You really have your head on your shoulders!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 11-26-2002, 10:02 PM   #8
Read JDM
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by JenRN
You really have your head on your shoulders!

Yes, though sometimes she has to keep it in place there.
Old 11-27-2002, 10:32 PM   #9
Humbledspirit
USER INFO »
Is it possible to come across more than one soul mate in a life time?
Old 11-28-2002, 10:00 AM   #10
hotforscott
USER INFO »
In certain situations I think there may be 2, like Sleepless in Seatlle. I feel if you are physically with your soul mate then you would have no reason to keep looking and if you were separated by something other then death, then you would look for them because they were your soul mate.
Old 11-28-2002, 02:41 PM   #11
Humbledspirit
USER INFO »
Thank you hotforscott for your reply. I have been curious about this for some time now. Do you mean that if the soul mates did not end up together for some reason, they would continue to search (the exterior world) for someone who was like the soul mate they encountered?
Old 11-28-2002, 02:51 PM   #12
hotforscott
USER INFO »
I just think if maybe you had a soul mate and say one of you moved or somehow got apart from one another, i would think you would look to find them again.
Old 11-28-2002, 03:01 PM   #13
Humbledspirit
USER INFO »
Oh, I see. Thanks so much for your reply. I loved that movie Sleepless in Seattle.
Old 11-28-2002, 08:21 PM   #14
hotforscott
USER INFO »
me, too. the sndrk is great also. bye bye blackbird is my favorite song.
Old 11-29-2002, 08:10 AM   #15
Siana
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Siana Send a message via Skype to Siana
i don't have plans to get married young or something...
I found a soul mate,some of you know him (Khemraj from the old BB).We got so many things in common,it's fun talking to him...but i'm still searching for my real soul mate,the 1 i'd spend my life with