++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 02-05-2004, 01:25 PM   #1
american_bad_a$
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Do you believe in election and double election?

Election refers to God choosing people to believe in him and them to go to heaven.
Double election refers to God choosing people not to believe in him and for them to go to hell.

Do you believe this?
Old 02-05-2004, 08:08 PM   #2
creedsister
USER INFO »
yes i do God Already knows whos going to go heaven And whos Going to hell I understand were your coming from it something to think about God At these Hours is pouring out his spirt and Trying So Hard to reach his chosen few`And there has been some hes shut the doors for playing around with him But Know this GOD IS LOVE AND MERCY Till The Very End}} At this time HES AT THE DOOR~~
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 02-06-2004, 10:24 AM   #3
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Well werent we given the right to make choices? so if God has already made that choice for us, well there seems to be a problem here. Whats the point of chosing Christ if we never could? Whats the point of Him dying on the cross?

In Revelation it says that He even gave that Jezebel a chance to repent! Know what I'm sayin?

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 02-06-2004, 10:31 AM   #4
creedsister
USER INFO »
haha that is the whole point CALAVARY} Sincirr And yes we do make our own choices But In the Long Run if we have not made the right one He will make it for us B/c Of the sacrafice Hes Got Those Keys come on come on~~ Choose this day who you will serve~~Dont say i did,not tell you so`~
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 02-06-2004, 10:47 AM   #5
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Yeh thanks for that, but to say that they didnt have that choice to "chose whom U will serve" is the issue I had. U know what I mean?

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 02-06-2004, 11:32 AM   #6
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) Yeh thanks for that, but to say that they didnt have that choice to "chose whom U will serve" is the issue I had. U know what I mean?
Some wont escape The wrath of God my friend~~But He died So all would not perish but have life Everlasting'''''Oh jesus if i had onley knew how muched you loved me and what you had in store for me~~i would have made it right but my soul hell oh jesus you our lord i beg for mercy''jesus christ is king of kings and lord of lords you were the only way before there was a way~~All the dead in christ Shall rise``old things are passed away He shall wipe all tears from there eyes And there reward shall be small~~~Blessed our the Souls Who Dont Sleep~~~ROCK ON SINCIRR haha
Old 02-06-2004, 05:15 PM   #7
bgivens33
USER INFO »
I don't see anyway around pre-destination given the Christian doctrine. If we were created by God, he created us with certain proclivities in certain areas. I was born a caucasian male in Florida. I was raised with a certain set of values that help determine what I will believe. If I was born in India, I'm sure my set of beliefs and values due to my surroundings. Christianity(Armenian) basically says that we are a form of Artificial Intelligence created by God. Artificial Intelligence is a bogus idea really. If I write a random number generator, to everyone else on the world, it creates random numbers. But for me, the author of the program, I feasably could predict the next number in line. If in my personal life, Christianity just doesn't add up to me. I just can't bring myself to believe that Jesus died for my sins. Is that really my choice? Can you really make yourself believe something? And most importantly, if God knew that I wasn't going to accept him, isn't he basically giving me a one way ticket to hell?
Old 02-06-2004, 05:21 PM   #8
american_bad_a$
USER INFO »
Yes!

God chose us. We did not choose him. We have no free will in the regard to salvation. The only areas that we can make our own choices are when we become christians and know right from wrong and can choose between them because we know that we need to do what is right.

But God choose those who will believe in him, and those whom he does not choose, he is giving "a one way ticket to hell."

Romans says, "there is none who does good, there is none who seeks after God." how can we, who are not good, choose God, who is good?

that is the question I always ask people.
Old 02-06-2004, 11:32 PM   #9
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by american_bad_a$) Yes! God chose us. We did not choose him. We have no free will in the regard to salvation. The only areas that we can make our own choices are when we become christians and know right from wrong and can choose between them because we know that we need to do what is right.

But God chose those who will believe in him, and those whom he does not choose, he is giving "a one way ticket to hell."

Romans says, "there is none who does good, there is none who seeks after God." how can we, who are not good, choose God, who is good?

that is the question I always ask people.

The HOLY SPIRIT, who will guide us into all truth!

No-one should limit God and blatantly tell someone, yes, U R goin to hell and theres nothing U can do about it! Bgivens, U are still on a journey with Jesus. Also your thoughts on the way we are wired up, U need to read Phil 3, cos it talks about how obviously a true-born pharasee Paul was and how Jesus changed his whole way of living. With God all things are possible.

I still believe that whosoever that believes in Him will not perish! How could U decree whom the whosoever are?

What scares me about this theory is that the harvest is plentiful but the workers are few, cos we all sittin around goin, oh well, they are predestined to perish so what can we do?

Jesus said go and make disciples of ALL NATIONS! Matt 28:18

I think it also sux that non-Christians that look at this thread will think that this is how Jesus sees them!!!!!

Christians, be careful too, cos those who thought they were the pre-chosen, were counted as goats. Concentrate on revealing Gods unconditional love to folks and forget this stuff. Its above our mere human thoughts.

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 02-06-2004, 11:41 PM   #10
american_bad_a$
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) The HOLY SPIRIT, who will guide us into all truth!

No-one should limit God and blatantly tell someone, yes, U R goin to hell and theres nothing U can do about it! Bgivens, U are still on a journey with Jesus. Also your thoughts on the way we are wired up, U need to read Phil 3, cos it talks about how obviously a true-born pharasee Paul was and how Jesus changed his whole way of living. With God all things are possible.

I still believe that whosoever that believes in Him will not perish! How could U decree whom the whosoever are?

What scares me about this theory is that the harvest is plentiful but the workers are few, cos we all sittin around goin, oh well, they are predestined to perish so what can we do?

Jesus said go and make disciples of ALL NATIONS! Matt 28:18

I think it also sux that non-Christians that look at this thread will think that this is how Jesus sees them!!!!!

Christians, be careful too, cos those who thought they were the pre-chosen, were counted as goats. Concentrate on revealing Gods unconditional love to folks and forget this stuff. Its above our mere human thoughts.

if it is above our "mere human thoughts" then why are whole chapters written on the subject?

i agree with you on the whole gods unconditional love thing. but i disagree with you on that fact that we should not be discoursing on predestination and these other topics.

people will wonder, am I chosen of God? how do i found out? theywill not just shy away. i would be as interested as ever and do everything to learn about the subject.
Old 02-07-2004, 01:30 AM   #11
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by american_bad_a$) if it is above our "mere human thoughts" then why are whole chapters written on the subject?

i agree with you on the whole gods unconditional love thing. but i disagree with you on that fact that we should not be discoursing on predestination and these other topics.

people will wonder, am I chosen of God? how do i found out? theywill not just shy away. i would be as interested as ever and do everything to learn about the subject.
Cool
But there are heaps of chapters about grace as well, but it seems that we truly dont have a clue on that one either.

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 02-07-2004, 02:01 AM   #12
creedsister
USER INFO »
I do And to The Question That ABA There Asked~~Many Are Called But The Few Are chosen Now we dont know the chosen from the few Only If were lead by the spirt Of God If Your Chosen or called The lord Is going to let u know this As your spirtual walk with him grows or backslides And then back Again They will find out sooner or later
Old 02-07-2004, 02:20 PM   #13
american_bad_a$
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedsister) I do And to The Question That ABA There Asked~~Many Are Called But The Few Are chosen Now we dont know the chosen from the few Only If were lead by the spirt Of God If Your Chosen or called The lord Is going to let u know this As your spirtual walk with him grows or backslides And then back Again They will find out sooner or later

i don't understand where you're coming from
Old 02-07-2004, 02:22 PM   #14
bgivens33
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by american_bad_a$) i don't understand where you're coming from

Welcome to the club
Old 02-07-2004, 02:38 PM   #15
RMadd
USER INFO »
I do not believe in this double election stuff. God wants everyone to be in heaven with him, but b/c of the sin in this world, and satan's trickery and all, not everyone does. God, by no means, damns anyone to hell before they are born.