++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 08-26-2010, 09:36 PM   #1
nagpo
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Concert: Raleigh, North Carolina thread.

Making this thread now and ahead of time. I know there are atleast three of us going to this one. Lets keep it here. This will be my first concert, can't wait.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:40 PM   #2
My Sacrifice
USER INFO »
Re: Concert: Raleigh, North Carolina thread.

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) Making this thread now and ahead of time. I know there are atleast three of us going to this one. Lets keep it here. This will be my first concert, can't wait.

I'm on my way. This is going to be an epic show!
Old 08-28-2010, 12:42 AM   #3
My Sacrifice
USER INFO »

What a show! Stapp is back! Same setlist as mrseekerny posted for the nj show. You could just sense the power in this voice. He can yell again wiry the bullets what if type songs. Skillet was awesome too. Stapp said one of the guys backstage told him it was the best show of the tour . There was a great crowd out there. All around great show.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:56 AM   #4
nagpo
USER INFO »

Just got back from my job interview and I'm really tired so here it is:

This was my first concert ever. And I've been a fan of Creeds since I was maybe 12. So to see somebody in real life you idolized as a child and spend a lot of time discussing was almost unbelievable.

With my review, I guess I'll start from the beginning. Theft played first. I've never really heard of them before and I didn't really like any of there music. There frontman was much better than skillets on various levels. There were two really fat women to my left. They seemed to really like theft and skillet. I heard them saying that they didn't need to stay for creed, which annoyed me. But I guess the best way to describe the way these two were rocking out is: Have you ever seen a morbidly obese person have a seizure? Well, that's what those to looked like. I think they were the only ones there who heard of theft.

So after theft got off, I was pretty deaf lol. And unimpressed. I went to go look for creed shirts but couldn't find any for sale. So I got back and Skillet started playing. At this point a lot more people were there. The stadium was full. Skillet came out and started playing there stuff. I'm not a fan of there music at all but a lot of people there seemed to like them. I found it all to be quite cheesy. And if you thought Creed was a christian band, than Skillet must be like, heavens choir. Needless to say I didn't like them much and it hadn't been a amazing experience at that point. The lead singer of Skillets voice was very much worn out. Also, he was really gross. He has shaved armpits. wtf. I liked thefts frontman better because he was not nearly as overbearing and forceful with whatever agenda he had. With Skillet, it felt like they were shoving a bible down my throat.

So after Skilet was over I was somewhat dissapointed and I went looking for shirts again but I was unsuccessful. I got back to the show and it started. The lights dimmed. And all the guys got out on stage. I just thought to myself "Is that really Scott Stapp and Mark Tremonti?" It was just so hard to believe. For the past two bands I sat there with a smart and disappointed smirk on my face. But when Creed started with Bullets, man, I fucking jumped up and sang the damn song as loud as I could. The entire show for me was an outer body experience. I sang every song. I stood for the whole show singing, screaming and clapping. I never expected it to be that way.

I do have some criticisms of the band. I'll start with stapp: Yes he does have some vocal problems. His voiced cracked once and he can't do every note perfectly. But its not nearly as bad as it is in those videos you see on youtube. He can still rock the show and take you, well, higher. He is also ten times better than he was last year. The 2009 DVD does not do him justice.

Tremonti gave Erock a lot of the guitar time but he did not disappoint. Friedman is a great guitarist and shows skill beyond what I had expected. Erock had the best solos of the night.

Brian Marshall was very good. But being the basist its kinda hard to notice him unfortunately. There was this one time when he walked up on top of the walkway and I don't think most people noticed him. But when you could hear him he was rocking it.

Now here comes flip, the weakest link. What DK and everyone else says is true. Flip, for several times was off. He was lagging behind, much of which really through off the awesome pyro and the rest of the band. I wonder if he intends to do this with AB this october. I wonder if he will be so sloppy with, from what I can tell, an even more demanding set list.

There was this woman in front of me who didn't want to be there and kept on bitching to her boyfriend about every little thing. He was liking the show. But everytime Stapp stopped to talk or the band stopped mid-song she would throw up her hands. Eventually they both left, thank goodness cause she was really bringing everyone down. Even the epileptic land whale next to me.

So you know, it was an amazing experience. I was getting kinda tired near the end but I still sang along. My least favorite performance was Faceless man believe it or not. It was too slow. I liked all the other songs though. Man, its just so nice to be around people who, when you mention the name creed, don't laugh at you in your face. The crowd was chanting "Creed, Creed, Creed!". I would live to do what Stapp does for a living.

About the setlist: I'm somewhat glad they did not play a lot of Full Circle songs. The only FC song that the crowd knew seemed to be Overcome. With the other ones people were kinda just listening. It's funner singing with every one than just be the only one singing.

Also, when they came back for the encore Stapp said Mark said to him backstage that: (and stapp said this in a jokingly dorky voice to make a little fun at tremonti) "This was the best show of the whole tour!"

I took some pics and vids but none came out well. I might add more later but I gotta go to sleep.

Last edited by nagpo : 08-28-2010 at 09:00 AM.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:17 AM   #5
lmaiello
USER INFO »

I saw them twice this tour and and it's been a great time. Nice review Nagpo, however I did like skillet a lot and didn't think they were Bible thumping or anything like that... But yea I see your point with the vest and armpits.. Lol.
John 3:16
Old 08-28-2010, 10:53 AM   #6
troyhackney
USER INFO »

I agree 100% with nagpo's post. Stapp is back for sure. He still has that rare energy that works the crowd into mayhem. His voice did some cracking when they came back out for the encore, but he recovered and made it happen. Tremonti, Brian, and Erock are simple bad ass, especially Tremonti, even though Erock is a very close second. Brian is the forgotten man here, but his playing ability adds to Creed's distinctive sound. Flip, even not being up to par with the rest of Creed, is still one of the better drummers in the country.

I didn't listen to Theft, but have heard some of Skillet's music on the radio, which is MUCH better than how they sounded live. I thought the vocals sounded terrible and that the music was running together. I was not impressed at all.

This was my fourth Creed concert and I loved it as much as my first one. I do wish they would have had the same amount of pyrotechnics as their early years concerts, but they still did a great job with what I am sure is a much lower budget. I look forward to many more Creed days as I could tell that all the band members are enjoying being together again, especially Stapp and Tremonti.