++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 08-14-2009, 07:30 PM   #1
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Just Dropping By Real Quick

Someone posted these verses elsewhere and in a sarcastic manner about "A Christian view of health care".

Matthew 25:31-46 (21st Century King James Version)

31"When the Son of Man shall come in His glory and all the holy angels with Him, then shall He sit upon the throne of His glory.

32And before Him shall be gathered all nations, and He shall separate them one from another as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats.

33And He shall set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left.

34Then shall the King say unto them on His right hand, `Come, ye blessed of My Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

35For I hungered, and ye gave Me meat; I was thirsty, and ye gave Me drink; I was a stranger, and ye took Me in;

36naked, and ye clothed Me; I was sick, and ye visited Me; I was in prison, and ye came unto Me.'

37Then shall the righteous answer Him, saying, `Lord, when saw we Thee hungering and fed Thee, or thirsty and gave Thee drink?

38When saw we Thee a stranger and took Thee in, or naked and clothed Thee?

39Or when saw we Thee sick, or in prison, and came unto Thee?'

40And the King shall answer and say unto them, `Verily I say unto you, inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these My brethren, ye have done it unto Me.'

41"Then shall He say also unto them on the left hand, `Depart from Me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

42For I hungered, and ye gave Me no meat; I was thirsty, and ye gave Me no drink;

43I was a stranger, and ye took Me not in; naked, and ye clothed Me not; sick and in prison, and ye visited Me not.'

44Then shall they also answer Him, saying, `Lord, when saw we Thee hungering or athirst or a stranger, or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister unto Thee?'

45Then shall He answer them, saying, `Verily I say unto you, inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to Me.'

46And these shall go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into life eternal."

Here's the thing. What meat do we feed people? We feed them meat from the Word of God. What drink do we give them? We give them the Living Water.

What strangers do we take in? We take in those outside the family of God, lost in the world, but searching and curious to know the truth, and we help bring them into God's family.

How do we clothe them? We clothe them by teaching them to cover themselves with the Gospel armor, or even to help them have some good works that weave their clothing in heaven (Revelation 19:8)

We visit the sick, that being the spiritually sick. We come to those in prison, those locked up and imprisoned in sin and in darkness and we show them the way to be free.

That, above all else, is what I believe separates the sheep from the goats.

Just something to ponder.

Jason
Old 08-15-2009, 10:26 AM   #2
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Just Dropping By Real Quick

AMEN AND AMEN Good Posting Jason Good Posting Peace Be With You
Old 09-13-2009, 08:33 PM   #3
theironhorse
USER INFO »