++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-25-2003, 10:09 PM   #1
hide
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
can someone help me out?(creed related)

at another board the topic of worst singers live came up, anyhow someone has seen Creed 3 times and each time was let down by Stapp's voice. I have told him that he is great most of the time and gave him some links to some of the better files at tremonti.net. Can someone give me some links to some killer Creed live be it audio or video?

I would love the Torn video
Higher on Letterman
Riders on the Storm at Woodstock
and anything else that shows him/her that those experiences weren't indicative of Creed/Stapp in general.

thanks in advance!
Old 12-25-2003, 10:14 PM   #2
Creed_Defaultgirl
USER INFO »
Maybe that certian person just has a problem with CREED??????????
"...My beaten heart is in your hands, What I really need is shelter, And a chance to relearn love, Teach me all over, All over to relearn love, Show me again, So I can relearn love, The comfort of your arms around me, Your tender hands caress my head, I lay beside you, I'm not worthy..."
Relearn Love~Scott Stapp
Old 12-25-2003, 11:01 PM   #3
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Oh, man, I have seen him four times and he was right on for three of those shows. There was one show (Penn State 11/19/02) where he had a little trouble, but it was still a kick-ass show. I don't have links to those shows, but I have some bootlegs from the Human Clay tour and from the Weathered tour where he was awesome live...Camden in February of 2002 comes to mind. Live in Lafayette, forget which tour. but his version of Faceless Man is beeeeautiful.
Old 12-26-2003, 12:17 AM   #4
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed_Defaultgirl) Maybe that certian person just has a problem with CREED??????????
thats what im thinkin
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 12-26-2003, 10:43 AM   #5
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
I've seen the band about 8 or 9 times, first time being in July 3, 1998 and I *can* clearly hear how his voice has deteriorated. Even on bootlegs this can be determined. His voice was the best back in 1998. Towards the end of 1999 and into 2000 he started having problems with his throat, which really haven't stopped. In many of the shows from 2000 he was offkey (or that's how it sounded) in many different songs. It still wasn't that bad, but you can compare these to 1998 shows and really hear a difference.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 12-26-2003, 03:32 PM   #6
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I thought he sounded good when they did Weathered for the Billboard Music Awards
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 12-26-2003, 04:39 PM   #7
bgivens33
USER INFO »
I would have to agree about his voice deteriorating... and... don't crucify me for saying this, but he truly does remind me way to much of vedder while singing. But none the less, they do put on a good live show... well, the earlier ones I attended.
Old 12-26-2003, 04:47 PM   #8
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yes, I do think his voice has suffered over the years. The earlier bootlegs are unreal, but he still had some killer shows on the Weathered Tour...Cincinnati in August of last year ruled. Another great version of Faceless Man in that show.
Old 12-26-2003, 07:51 PM   #9
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I'd "kill" for a decent bootleg version of Penn State 11/19/02 ! I got just a part of Say I at this concert, but there's so much noise you can't hear the guitar work or Stapp's voice.

I agree with Steve. Stapp's voice was much more powerful back in the late 90's... but I still think he has a great voice! I think this break will do good for him. Hopefully he learned how to sing from his diafragm as well! no harm intended!

Although there's the acoustic version of One... I think Stapp had a flu or something and his voice totally fades, but he put so much emotion on it that made it awesome! ok, exagerated a bit, but it's still cool!
Old 12-26-2003, 08:15 PM   #10
mamm1234
USER INFO »
Can't imagine why anybody would want a bootleg of Penn State or how it could be considered kick ass. I was at the rail and believe me, there were major problems including Scott repeatedly kicking over the speakers in his anger. (they finally stopped picking them up because he would just go over and kick them down again). The excuse about the sound system was bs, imo.

I remember clearly feeling very apprehensive and thinking, they don't need these security guards to protect Scott from us, we may need them to protect us from him. Nuf said but this is true.

A whole lot more happened but out of the 6 shows I did attend last tour (Richmond and Camden being totally awesome imo), Stapp at Penn State, and I would have to say Creed in general totally dissed the fans. Maybe about 30 mins of good music the whole night? Five of the shows were kick ass.

A very sad night indeed.
Old 12-26-2003, 08:20 PM   #11
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Stapp at Penn State, and I would have to say Creed in general totally dissed the fans. Maybe about 30 mins of good music the whole night? Five of the shows were kick ass.

I disagree that the rest of Creed dissed the fans. Mark blew an amp right off the bat, as I recall, which messed things up mightily. The power did go off for 15 or 20 minutes, and Scott's mic wasn't working half the time. I was on the rail, too, and I thought he was trying to make the show go on despite all the technical problems. I think the mellowness of the crowd at first also turned him off, though. I do recall him saying the place needed to wake the f*ck up. . But I think Flip (who did a kick-ass drum solo, I think) and Mark and Brett did their best to keep the show going. The setlist was cut short, I believe, too.
Old 12-26-2003, 08:47 PM   #12
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by bgivens33) and... don't crucify me for saying this, but he truly does remind me way to much of vedder while singing.

The reason why I prefer to listen to Scott's voice : It's deeper, warmer and rougher... the way Scott sings sounds more natural to me! His voice really does something 2 me

Eddie sings deep but his voice isn't that deep... It sounds more forced... and what I don't like in Eddie's voice is his "vibrato"... it nerves me!!!

Souls...
they float like the memories I've opened,
Go...
and kiss all the butterflies I've broken,
Sow...
their wings to the coat of my misfortune,
Grow...
to reach the plains only I have spoken...

The Path ~by~ ManMade God
Old 12-26-2003, 08:51 PM   #13
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I love Ed's vibrato and the emotion he brings to the music. Both of them are wonderful, though I think Ed has a bit more range.
Old 12-26-2003, 08:55 PM   #14
mamm1234
USER INFO »
The show was supposed to start at 7:30. NO ONE FROM CREED had the decency to come out and tell the crowd that the first band didn't show up. At 8, the 2nd opening band came out and played for 1/2 hour. They told us the reason for the delay.

We then waited for over an hour for Creed to come on and NO ONE FROM CREED had the decency to tell anyone what was going on. They finally came out after 9:30 and yes after about 5 minutes Scott starts with what the fuck is going on and leaves the stage refusing to come back out until everyone in the arena is standing. (these are ppl that have been waiting patiently for over 2 hours).

So, dogstar, if you were on the rail you also were standing for about 5 hours at that point and let me tell you all the ppl on Brett's side were VERY PISSED OFF AT SCOTT. Maybe he was mad because the arena was 1/2 empty but me thinks there was a lot more going on.

After they went off stage before Hide, they play the intro video (which they always do) and the band does NOT come back out (like they always do) The video stops and we are standing in the dark. Again NO ONE FROM CREED has the decency to come out and let the fans know what was going on. After awhile the announcer comes on to say that the show is delayed because of technical problems. RIGHT!! So we stand and wait some more. And that's why I say Creed, not just Scott was responsible, no one gave the fans any courtesies that night.

And on and on. Scott did hit his stride for about 30 mins about 10;30 (kicking speakers over all the while) but that was about it.

If you were on the rail you know then that Scott had major issues which I won't go into here. We suspected something which perhaps in the end, turned out to be true. There were a lot of very angry fans that night. The lady next to me had never seen Creed before and she asked me if Scott was always that arrogant. Of course I said no but we were all left speechless by his behavior.

I was fortunate to have seen them other times but for anybody who hadn't seen them before, they lost a lot of fans that night. I seriously thought they would do a fan appreciation show, it was so bad.

So hopefully, the rest will do them all good and they will come back stronger and better then ever. Because in my heart and soul. I believe we will see Creed again.
Old 12-26-2003, 09:02 PM   #15
mamm1234
USER INFO »
As to PJ, I love Eddie's voice also.

IMO, Scott and Eddie both have awesome, but very different voices. I could listen to either of both forever, I never get tired of their vocals. Very different ranges and styles.

I admire Eddie's philosophy, his dedication to fans, his social consciousness and his determination to shun the typical media demans and just do things his way.

And unlike Creed, PJ was totally sold out this past year even though Riot Act was far from their best album (I love it though). A lot of bands could learn from PJ.

However, there is nothing like Creed lyrics and songs and albums.