++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-17-2009, 05:48 PM   #1
XALTERBRIDGEX
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
3rd week Full Circle sales posted

24,303 in the 3rd week of sales. Falling from number 11 to 29th place....

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/sales/salescht.cgi

total sales give or take around 174,000

Last edited by XALTERBRIDGEX : 11-17-2009 at 06:11 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:59 PM   #2
nagpo
USER INFO »
Re: Full Circle falling fast...

It's a good thing I listen to them for their music and not for their sales. They've already been successful in that area.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:33 PM   #3
kelbel75
USER INFO »

I've been a Creed listener/follower since the beginning.. simply because they wrote and played music that 'spoke' to me... I've never been one to follow the charts etc..
They are never going to hit the heights they once did.. but you'd expect that...
Old 11-17-2009, 06:47 PM   #4
Guira
USER INFO »

OMG, that's really sad, I hope this fact doesn't stop them.
I'm a proof that numbers don't matter when you like the music, because they were never very famous here in my country, but still they're my favourit band. I hope they keep doing their best, as always.

Last edited by Guira : 11-17-2009 at 06:49 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:49 PM   #5
Buried And Gone
USER INFO »

Well, what did you expect? No tour, no big single, no big video, no promotion what so ever. i'm surprised its even selling in the double digits still.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:59 PM   #6
kelbel75
USER INFO »

Other than finding out stuff on the net, I'd never have known about Full Circle etc in Australia.... Their new stuff isn't on our radio at all..

Last edited by kelbel75 : 11-17-2009 at 07:01 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:01 PM   #7
Creed009
USER INFO »

That's sad but not really surprising. If I wasn't a hardcore Creed fan I wouldn't even know they were back together since I never hear any of their songs on the radio.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:49 PM   #8
nagpo
USER INFO »

Wind-up hasn't been doing a good job advertising.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:56 PM   #9
XALTERBRIDGEX
USER INFO »

I mean I know its all about the music and I could care less if they don't sell another record but its kinda sad to see that Creed was once this HUGE Machine and now they are now just another band. Before Creed broke up only U2 and Metallica were selling more rock records, now those two bands are playing stadiums. Where would Creed be if they never broke up? something to think about...
Old 11-17-2009, 11:32 PM   #10
Creed009
USER INFO »

Creed should get big again when they release "Away in Silence."
Old 11-18-2009, 03:02 AM   #11
Chris98GT
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Buried And Gone) i'm surprised its even selling in the double digits still.
Same here.

You can't go away for 7 years and then come back, drop an album and top the charts. The rock scene is totally different these days.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:45 AM   #12
AV3NG3R
USER INFO »

Whats really sad, is that here in south Georgia (GOD I HATE IT HERE!) I never saw one piece of promotional material for the reunion, the tour, or the new album! Not even a commercial. Nothing. I wouldn't have even known about it if I didn't have internet access.

Its like living in a whole different country.

Anyway, I think the low sales are just a sign of the times. The new album is just as good as anything they've done before, but nowadays 99.8% of popular music is transvestite pop, rap and r&b. I mean, just consider what the most popular song amongst teenagers (in my area, at least) is right now... "Fireflies" by Owl City!!! Ever heard it? Google it. It sounds like pop music made by ABC Family for 8 year old girls. *shudders*
Old 11-18-2009, 08:43 AM   #13
adparaiki
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to adparaiki Send a message via MSN to adparaiki

If wind up were clever they would do the following:

Release away in silence december 1st or around then.
Make a real decent video for it.
Have creed perform one really well publised live performance a few weeks before xmas on TV.
And advertise the 2010 world tour on everything.

They need to invest some money and time and they will get to a point where
Creed records will keep selling & selling, the christmas market is what they need to go for, because it's really the only time people are going to buy the album as a present instead of downloading it for free.

and on my band page
www.facebook.com/textbooktakedown
Old 11-18-2009, 10:37 AM   #14
Icedmofo
USER INFO »

It's sort of a catch 22 at this point in time. The grunge period has pretty much died out to the current r&b/pop/miley cyrus thing that's going on now.

So the truth is, let's say they wrote another album as kickass as my own prison was, it would STILL not blow them up significantly.

Creed caught the tail end of the grunge movement, which initiated their popularity, but what cemented it were songs like Higher and With Arms Wide Open, which were still rock, but far closer to "pop rock" than anything else they had written up to that point. Note that i am not in any way saying those two songs are pop rock, just that they were about as close as they'd ever come to it, and those were the songs that really shot them into superstardom.

Until the release of Higher and WAWO, creed wasn't really that much bigger than Alter Bridge became, they didn't really start playing the big venue shows until Human Clay.

What i'm also noticing as a trend in the music world is that there are similarities to the business world. People follow a brand. If you know that Sony is a really awesome brand, you will be more likely to invest in buying a playstation 3. If you'd never heard of sony before then you are less likely to buy the PS3. Likewise, if you know that nintendo makes a great product and know nothing about Sony, you are far more likely to buy a Wii than a PS3. The same goes for a lot of music acts.

You notice that a lot of the stuff up top is most of the time not really all that amazing. Not that it's uber terrible (well, some is), but it's nothing earth shattering as far as music is concerned, however, these bands have been around for awhile and have been building up steam, so people will download and buy their stuff simply because they are the Foo Fighters, even if the song isn't really all that great. I personally don't think Wheels is all that great of a song, but it's #1 on the rock singles chart simply because it's the foo fighters, so people are more inclined to listen, and therefore the song will grow on them until they DO like it.

Creed has the same ability to do that and IMO has songs that are just as contagious, but people haven't seen creed in awhile, many don't know they are back together or have released an album, plus add in the old stigma of everyone hates creed, and people just don't give them the chance they need to actually possibly enjoy them. Throw on top of that that they are receiving absolutely no real concrete promotion and it's a no brainer why they aren't very popular right now.

The hiatus hurt them a lot from a business standpoint, just as they were really building up tremendous career steam, they derailed the train and basically had to start all over again. Add on the fact that grunge basically died with them and it's really going to be difficult to revive what they had.

I don't think it's all as impossible as everyone is stating, i just think they need to jump labels to one that will really give them the backing and support they need to get their music heard. I know the reason that i personally started becoming a creed fan was i heard MOP on the radio and thought it kicked ass so i picked up MOP and Human Clay to hear what else they had and fell in love.

But if radio doesn't play the single, tv doesn't run the videos, and there is minimal promotion for the band, no one else is going to have the chance to experience that short of the people that are already fans and LOOK for this stuff actively.

Just my two cents.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:41 PM   #15
Buried And Gone
USER INFO »

Didn't this sort of thing happen when weathered came out? /it was #1 for like 8 weeks, then it droped to like #56 or something. Creed has their group of fans that will buy anything with their name on it. That group is just much smaller nowadays. Plus the promotion has been shit. If creed wants to be big again they have to make an amazing video for "On My Sleeve" or "Away In Silence" and Mark has to stop all plans for Alter Bridge to come back in 2010 and do a lot more touring and promotion with Creed. Face it, Full Circle sold in 1 week half of what Blackbird sold to date... and you're gonna do two tours to support it?