++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-08-2009, 11:04 AM   #31
Chris98GT
Chris98GT's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: A Melody
Posts: 343
Joined: Apr 2003
Currently: Offline
Re: Christian Review of Overcome

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) The less the christian community is interested in this the better, imo. No more "creed is a christian band".
Amen. (lol)
__________________
Darker days seem to be what will always live in me.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 02:31 PM   #32
Icedmofo
USER INFO »
Status: Broken Dream
Posts: 149
Joined: Aug 2007
Currently: Offline
Re: Christian Review of Overcome

Deleted by User

Last edited by Icedmofo : 10-19-2009 at 12:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 03:08 PM   #33
Chase
USER INFO »
Status: Wound Up
Posts: 1,160
Joined: Oct 2004
Currently: Offline
Re: Christian Review of Overcome

Quote: (Originally Posted by Icedmofo) Do you play world of warcraft? You should look up a guy named Vol'jin.

He was a troll too.

I never claimed to have perfect grammar, i just made mention of the major mistake. I've always had retardism when it comes to comma's anyway.


The point of the post wasn't to point out people's grammar, try rereading it.

I, now, have 1,137 posts. I'm not a troll. Nor, do I play World of Warcraft.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 03:46 PM   #34
Icedmofo
USER INFO »
Status: Broken Dream
Posts: 149
Joined: Aug 2007
Currently: Offline
Re: Christian Review of Overcome

Deleted by User.

Last edited by Icedmofo : 10-19-2009 at 12:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 03:48 PM   #35
eusebioCBR
eusebioCBR's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Shackled Hero
Posts: 2,913
Joined: Oct 2005
Currently: Offline
Re: Christian Review of Overcome

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) The less the christian community is interested in this the better, imo. No more "creed is a christian band".

As you can tell, I'm not a very religious person.

I am a member of the Christian "community". How do you benifit from attacking people of faith?
__________________
When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power ....like God must feel when he's holding a gun.

-Homer Simpson




24
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 03:54 PM   #36
Icedmofo
USER INFO »
Status: Broken Dream
Posts: 149
Joined: Aug 2007
Currently: Offline
Re: Christian Review of Overcome

Deleted by User.

Last edited by Icedmofo : 10-19-2009 at 12:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 04:07 PM   #37
eusebioCBR
eusebioCBR's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Shackled Hero
Posts: 2,913
Joined: Oct 2005
Currently: Offline
Re: Christian Review of Overcome

Quote: (Originally Posted by Icedmofo) He isn't attacking people of faith imo, moreso disagreeing with the stigma that was tied to creed BECAUSE of people of faith.

I don't think any of us here have any problems with people and their beliefs, afterall, that is their own business. Just because one person believes one thing and another something else doesn't mean either of them is wrong.

Note he never said "Christianity is stupid", just that the less of the old stigma applied in the present the better.

He said "Christian community".
__________________
When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power ....like God must feel when he's holding a gun.

-Homer Simpson




24
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:14 PM   #38
nagpo
nagpo's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Bound and Tied
Posts: 2,176
Joined: Mar 2005
Currently: Offline
Re: Christian Review of Overcome

Quote: (Originally Posted by Icedmofo) He isn't attacking people of faith imo, moreso disagreeing with the stigma that was tied to creed BECAUSE of people of faith.

I don't think any of us here have any problems with people and their beliefs, afterall, that is their own business. Just because one person believes one thing and another something else doesn't mean either of them is wrong.

Note he never said "Christianity is stupid", just that the less of the old stigma applied in the present the better.
Thank you. I wasn't attacking 'people of faith', eusebioCBR.
__________________
I really have nothing to say
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:11 PM   #39
eusebioCBR
eusebioCBR's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Shackled Hero
Posts: 2,913
Joined: Oct 2005
Currently: Offline
Re: Christian Review of Overcome

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) Thank you. I wasn't attacking 'people of faith', eusebioCBR.

When you deride the "Christian community" you are attacking, NAGPO.
__________________
When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power ....like God must feel when he's holding a gun.

-Homer Simpson




24
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:25 PM   #40
creve
USER INFO »
Status: Unspoken
Posts: 46
Joined: Sep 2009
Currently: Offline
Re: Christian Review of Overcome

Is it just me or when he said Christian Community, surely he meant...a community of Christian people, ie. Christian people. What is offensive about that?

I am a member of the design community because I'm a designer. I'm a member of the CreedFeed community because I am a member here and post here. There's nothing wrong with that choice of wording.

And I feel that he was just stating that, in his opinion, it would be better if Christian people weren't so associated with Creed because then there would be less focus on them being 'Christian' or not. Because he's tired of that tag on a band that are apparently not a Christian band. There was nothing derogative towards Christian people in that.

Personally, I'm a bit tired of all the labelling that we as people have some divine need to do in the first place.

Last edited by creve : 10-08-2009 at 08:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:51 PM   #41
eusebioCBR
eusebioCBR's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Shackled Hero
Posts: 2,913
Joined: Oct 2005
Currently: Offline
Re: Christian Review of Overcome

Quote: (Originally Posted by creve) Is it just me or when he said Christian Community, surely he meant...a community of Christian people, ie. Christian people. What is offensive about that?

I am a member of the design community because I'm a designer. I'm a member of the CreedFeed community because I am a member here and post here. There's nothing wrong with that choice of wording.

And I feel that he was just stating that, in his opinion, it would be better if Christian people weren't so associated with Creed because then there would be less focus on them being 'Christian' or not. Because he's tired of that tag on a band that are apparently not a Christian band. There was nothing derogative towards Christian people in that.

Personally, I'm a bit tired of all the labelling that we as people have some divine need to do in the first place.

In other words prejudice is no big deal. Are there any other groups that should be encouraged not to take "interest".
__________________
When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power ....like God must feel when he's holding a gun.

-Homer Simpson




24

Last edited by eusebioCBR : 10-08-2009 at 09:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:40 PM   #42
creve
USER INFO »
Status: Unspoken
Posts: 46
Joined: Sep 2009
Currently: Offline
Re: Christian Review of Overcome

No prejudice is right...but I don't see any prejudice in his statement.

As I previously mentioned, and Nagpo can correct me if I'm wrong, but what he seems to mean is that Creed are being cornered as a Christian band, which apparently isn't true and he's tired of that.

Ironically this all came from the word 'community' which is more often than not a positive thing, and 'Christian community' is certainly not a derogative term, at least not in my eyes. As also previously mentioned, and ignored, I am a member of certain communities, we all are, whether religion, hobby or interest.

This has gone too far. He's already said he didn't mean anything by it.

Last edited by creve : 10-08-2009 at 09:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:53 PM   #43
Icedmofo
USER INFO »
Status: Broken Dream
Posts: 149
Joined: Aug 2007
Currently: Offline
Re: Christian Review of Overcome

Deleted by User.

Last edited by Icedmofo : 10-19-2009 at 12:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:23 PM   #44
Chase
USER INFO »
Status: Wound Up
Posts: 1,160
Joined: Oct 2004
Currently: Offline
Re: Christian Review of Overcome

Quote: (Originally Posted by Icedmofo) I don't see how the number of posts you made changes the tone of what you said?

No one was looking for rude comments.

As i said, the point of my post was not to insult anyone, that's just how i talk, the person i was talking to didn't take offense, so i dont' see why you should feel the need to make a snide remark about it.

And that doesnt change whether you have 1000 posts, 3000 posts, or 4. Nothing wrong with a little civility every now and again.

And that's the end of this part of the conversation as it's now been dragged off topic

Which is ironically what trolls do

I was completely civil and I told you that I agreed with you. Take a step back, and breathe. I merely told you that you shouldn't find it amusing when people have poor grammar. Everyone makes grammatical mistakes. That's all I meant.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:00 AM   #45
eusebioCBR
eusebioCBR's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Shackled Hero
Posts: 2,913
Joined: Oct 2005
Currently: Offline
Re: Christian Review of Overcome

Quote: (Originally Posted by Icedmofo) I just personally dislike organized religion in general because it means walking on egg shells when you're trying to have a normal civilized conversation.

No need to take everything personally whenever possible, and to do it after it's been pointed out by the person making the statement and others that it wasn't what they meant is just stubborn.

Why keep an argument when there wasn't one in the first place?

This is why i get frustrated over the christian argument, stubborn people who still say creed is a christian band when the band themselves say repeatedly they aren't.

What's the point in even trying to argue when even ending the argument isn't possible because people want to fight about nothing?



And just to play devil's advocate:

Let's say for the sake of argument he meant offense when he said "Christian Community".

Even in that case, what he is talking about is that he hates the fact that the christian community created that stigma about creed.

This means he is angry and hating the STIGMA not the CHRISTIAN FAITH OR ITS PEOPLE, it just so happened that the christian community was the one that applied the stigma. If it was jews and saying creed was a jewish band, it'd be the jewish community, if it was blacks or whites, it'd be those communities.

ITS NOT SPECIFIC TO ANTHING ABOUT CHRISTIANITY EXCEPT THAT THAT IS THE SOURCE OF THE STIGMA.

The STIGMA is what he is attacking, not the group of people



He has actually said this much but you flat out ignored it just for the sake of arguing.

I wanted to hear from NAGPO exactly what his problem is with Christianity. Instead I have to read pshycobable text from know it alls defending him. I am a Christian and I found his remark about the Christian community offensive and your arguments to defend him anoying.
I won't shut up because you say so.
__________________
When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power ....like God must feel when he's holding a gun.

-Homer Simpson




24
Reply With Quote
Post Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Overcome lyrics nthor Creed Talk 15 08-14-2009 10:25 AM
Overcome - In my Opinion... lexmusic Creed Talk 13 08-06-2009 09:10 PM
Stapp UK review Robin101 Scott Stapp Talk 7 04-28-2006 10:05 PM
Do not overcome by evil... HeavenBesideYou Faith / Religion 11 09-12-2004 11:35 PM
Scott Stapp Christian interview MrSeeker Scott Stapp Talk 4 08-17-2004 03:38 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 Steve Caponetto. All Rights Reserved.