++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 10:49 AM   #16
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Sandman - nice post! I agree!
Old 06-17-2004, 11:00 AM   #17
multifast1
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) I understand the way the media works and all that , and I realize who has control over editing...but they had to know what MTV would do to their interview.

It just seems to me that with every interview they do, the more they distance themselves from what was said in the original...almost as if it's an "uh oh, what did we do, look at the crap we are taking for it " kinda thing. I dunno, just my opinion

I don't think it had to do with them thinking the MTV interview made them look bad... heck, Mark has been saying it was Stapp all along. Remember the "rumors" of things he was saying during the PRS meet and greets with fans??

They are distancing themselves from the controversial stuff involving Stapp because they don't want the focus to continue to be on why Creed broke up.... but about the new band Alter Bridge! Plain and simple.
Old 08-23-2004, 03:50 PM   #18
cyndeelouwho
USER INFO »
YOU will never know!

Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) Wait, I'm all confused. First, Mark and Scott Phillips blamed pretty much the whole disbanding thing on Stapp. Even went so far as to say he didn't seem as "focused" or as "driven". But now, they've suddenly changed their minds??

I don't get it...did they go back and read the MTV interivew over again and decide just how bad they made themselves look, and thought to themselves "damn, that was a pretty crappy interview, we better do something". Or is this the way they really felt about the whole thing to begin with?

Jeez....which one is genuine, and which one isn't

Thanks for the link Shadow
Thats the beauty of it, you will never know. I am satisfied with the facts and the answeres I got from those directly involved, but you, keep fishing and mulling over each and every interview over and over etc... What difference does it make now! Scott has his thing -Alter Bridge has theirs!
Old 08-23-2004, 04:16 PM   #19
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
wasn't this thread dead back in June?!
Old 08-23-2004, 05:00 PM   #20
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) wasn't this thread dead back in June?!
Until a know-it-all showed up. But Marcos, you and I know about that don't we?
Old 08-23-2004, 09:37 PM   #21
RMadd
USER INFO »
article from the 105.7 The Point? representing the Big Lou!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-24-2004, 10:10 AM   #22
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) Until a know-it-all showed up. But Marcos, you and I know about that don't we?
Old 08-24-2004, 10:30 AM   #23
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Go Mark

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 08-24-2004, 09:33 PM   #24
Kimvan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by SandMan) My Opinion here only:

If the split was because one member didn't seem focused, think for a second what a divorce is like? Then think for another second What being a single Father is like? Think about probably how many times his son cried for him, because he didn't want him to leave, but he had to go because it was the way he provided.

Then think about all the other things going on stalking, death threats, other businesses, bashings by crazy people. I wouldn't be focused either.

I don't know what happened, but seems like friends left one that was truly in need of support and understanding, after I saw the interview of everyone blaming Scott. He is only human and they were more than friends in my opinion they were family, and family takes the good with the bad on all occasions.

If Creed is over that is one thing..it's a band..Starting over with new ideas and sharing them is a good thing. But I don't think it should take presedence over Love for one another and the family. The human side of the issue should always come first.

Excellent post! I agree..

Just give love to all....

Peace, and God Bless
Old 08-25-2004, 03:01 PM   #25
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by cyndeelouwho) Thats the beauty of it, you will never know. I am satisfied with the facts and the answeres I got from those directly involved, but you, keep fishing and mulling over each and every interview over and over etc... What difference does it make now! Scott has his thing -Alter Bridge has theirs!

HUH..... You got some kind of problem or what??? I replied to this thread on 6-15. If your so satisfied with what you got, what difference would it make to you what I said back then.

Jeez, some people
Old 08-25-2004, 09:14 PM   #26
Joge78
USER INFO »
Colin,

Excellent. That is amazing.... the people that you count on the most - most of the time will let you down...
Old 08-25-2004, 11:38 PM   #27
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by cyndeelouwho) Thats the beauty of it, you will never know. I am satisfied with the facts and the answeres I got from those directly involved, but you, keep fishing and mulling over each and every interview over and over etc... What difference does it make now! Scott has his thing -Alter Bridge has theirs!

Cyndeelou, while I can appreciate the fact that you are Brian's sister-in-law, I do think it's very rude of you to flaunt your inside connection as you have been in the manner in which you've done it. It's great that you know and we don't. However, your attitude of "I know something you don't, nyah nyah" is really irritating. If you have no intention of posting the truth, please don't lord it over peoples' heads to make yourself feel important. It's really not flattering.

By the way, I'm NOT taking anyones' side in this issue but my own. I just think your attitude is childish.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 08-26-2004, 08:19 AM   #28
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Cyndeelou, while I can appreciate the fact that you are Brian's sister-in-law, I do think it's very rude of you to flaunt your inside connection as you have been in the manner in which you've done it. It's great that you know and we don't. However, your attitude of "I know something you don't, nyah nyah" is really irritating. If you have no intention of posting the truth, please don't lord it over peoples' heads to make yourself feel important. It's really not flattering.

By the way, I'm NOT taking anyones' side in this issue but my own. I just think your attitude is childish.

Thank you for your post I couldn't agree more as a fan of Creed I wish both sides the best and hope they have great futures ahead of them both AB and Stapp and family members posting negative information on boards which are here as a forum for the fans is childish.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:43 PM   #29
Joge78
USER INFO »
Did I miss something here. Family members are saying negative things on the website?
Old 08-27-2004, 05:12 AM   #30
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Joge78) Did I miss something here. Family members are saying negative things on the website?
You see, there's like 2 sides between the Scott Stapp and Alter Bridge/Mark Tremonti fans. This is both sides fault, but in my opinion the Stapp fans are the most freaky ones. Most of the AB fans are/will supporting/support Stapp, but some won't and I think that's alright. But well, the Stapp fans are even talking 100% bullshit about Mark and AB, which is NOT TURE!!!

Personally I'm one of those who stands on both sides, the AB fans are okay with it, but the Stapp fans ain't. "Be 100% Stapp, or leave". So I'm not posting at a messboard for Scott anymore, they're too childish.

But this far I like Alter Bridge and One Day Remains WAY better than Scott Stapp and Relearn Love, but I'm a little metal-head, so it makes sense. RL is still a very good song!!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor

Last edited by THE LITHIUM : 08-27-2004 at 05:15 AM.
Closed Thread