++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-26-2003, 09:03 PM   #16
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I love Ed's vibrato and the emotion he brings to the music. Both of them are wonderful, though I think Ed has a bit more range.

Ok that's your personal flavour! Everyone has his own... luckily!! Otherwise it would be a very boring world... wouldn't it?

Souls...
they float like the memories I've opened,
Go...
and kiss all the butterflies I've broken,
Sow...
their wings to the coat of my misfortune,
Grow...
to reach the plains only I have spoken...

The Path ~by~ ManMade God
Old 12-26-2003, 09:07 PM   #17
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Well, mamm1234, I WAS on the rail, on Mark's side, and most people, save a few, were taking the whole thing in stride, at least the people near me. One woman was upset that he was swearing because she had her son with her who was about 12, and yeah, a few people were like, WTF? I know what issues you are talking about, so why don't you lose your own arrogant tone, thank you. Sheesh...And wasn't the intro video to Whose Got My Back? I thought the video was for that one, not Hide, but I could be wrong. And the announcer came on to say there was a power outage.

Last edited by Dogstar : 12-26-2003 at 09:10 PM.
Old 12-26-2003, 09:08 PM   #18
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by WeatheredWoman) Ok that's your personal flavour! Everyone has his own... luckily!! Otherwise it would be a very boring world... wouldn't it?
LOL, very true, WeatheredWoman.
Old 12-26-2003, 09:12 PM   #19
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) LOL, very true, WeatheredWoman.

Allrighty then !

Souls...
Go...
Sow...
Grow...

Old 12-26-2003, 09:23 PM   #20
mamm1234
USER INFO »
You're right dogstar, I'm sorry if I'm coming on too strong but that show still hits a sore spot with me.I rarely talk about it because I just don't like talking crap about Creed because I love them too much.

One of the other reasons I say all of Creed (including or maybe mostly management)is too blame for a lot of what happened last fall was because they were still adding shows after the cancellations because of Scott's voice.

So when I saw they added State College, I was a little apprehensive but trusted Creed that everything was OK. Why else would they be adding shows. For me State college meant taking off from work, and the expenses of staying overnight. So it was a very expensive show for me. And don't forget how the night started out. it was freezing and raining and the first hint something was wrong was when they delayed opening the doors to let us in. (Those of us with GA tickets and who were outside turning to ice cubes)

But you know what, even after that, I went to Philly (another show that was added and also had to spend the night because I love these guys so much.
Old 12-26-2003, 09:50 PM   #21
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Apology accepted, mamm1234 . I, too, stayed overnight and spent quite a bit and froze my a** off waiting outside, LOL. I don't know, having been to so many concerts over the years, I have seen far worse than what happened at Penn State, so I guess it didn't faze me much. Plus, they at least finished what they could of the show. I can understand your frustration. But, hey, at least it wasn't as bad as Chicago. Hey, and Philly more than made up for Penn State, though ...

I agree that management did Creed a disservice by adding so many shows. I think that was the second or third show in PA on the Weathered tour, so maybe people had had their fill. Dunno, but I wouldn't expect a band to actually keep people informed of delays and such because they are usually trying to prepare for the show. I would think the promoters or management or someone at the venue would have that responsibility, but who knows?
Old 12-27-2003, 05:28 AM   #22
hide
USER INFO »
can't anyone help me? surely some of you guys must have a at least some of the files I listed. this guy/girl i'm talking about i think was a big fan of Creed because after one "bad" peformance they went back not just once but twice. Sounds like one of the people mamm described who was turned off but I think could still possibly be turned around.

About the comparsions between Eddie's and Scott's voices honestly its a huge honour for Scott's voice to be compared to Ed's. Ed was the one who made the Jim Morrison esque baritone popular in the early 90's and many have been accused of copying his style. If you have "Lost Dogs" you will see Eddie's big range in such songs as "Sad", "Fatal" and "Otherside." He didn't really get that range until No Code so I think we can give Scott some time with that. There were signs in Weathered that this is happening eg:WGMB, Hide, Don't Stop Dancing, and of course Lullaby. You compare Torn and Lullaby there is some serious range there.
Old 12-27-2003, 05:52 AM   #23
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Hide, the bootlegs I have are on CD, so I don't have them in mp3 format and I don't know how to get them to that format. I also don't know how to set them up so that people could download them, other than through Kazaa or something. I also have dial-up, which is slow as molasses. Anyway, if you have any suggestions, I'd be happy to help and share.
Old 12-27-2003, 05:56 AM   #24
hide
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Hide, the bootlegs I have are on CD, so I don't have them in mp3 format and I don't know how to get them to that format. I also don't know how to set them up so that people could download them, other than through Kazaa or something. I also have dial-up, which is slow as molasses. Anyway, if you have any suggestions, I'd be happy to help and share.

thats cool i'm sure what to suggest, but there must be some dudes here with heaps of mp3's up on their comps.
Old 12-28-2003, 09:38 PM   #25
Joge78
USER INFO »
I love Scott's voice, Eddie's voice and Bono's voice and Nickleback's voice.
Old 12-28-2003, 10:16 PM   #26
bgivens33
USER INFO »
I wasn't really comparing Stapps and Vedders vocal style(although they are similar)..... I was more or less saying that Stapp reminds me of Vedder on stage. They both have a similar stage presence. Oh by the way.... I LOVE Bono's voice as well... along with James from Metallica.... both very distinct voices. And then there's Keenan
Old 12-28-2003, 10:21 PM   #27
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by bgivens33) I wasn't really comparing Stapps and Vedders vocal style(although they are similar)..... I was more or less saying that Stapp reminds me of Vedder on stage. They both have a similar stage presence. Oh by the way.... I LOVE Bono's voice as well... along with James from Metallica.... both very distinct voices. And then there's Keenan

All of them ROCK! Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaynard!!!
Old 12-28-2003, 10:48 PM   #28
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
Yup !

Would love 2 see them ALL 2gether on stage... LIVE !!!

Souls...
Go...
Sow...
Grow...

Old 12-29-2003, 03:16 AM   #29
bgivens33
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) All of them ROCK! Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaynard!!!

ok, that's it... me and you are going on a date.... are you free friday night??
Old 12-29-2003, 04:26 AM   #30
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by bgivens33) ok, that's it... me and you are going on a date.... are you free friday night??
LOL, too funny!!! I'm totally obsessed with Maynard/Tool/APC right now. Just can't get enough of them!!!