++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 01-17-2005, 11:41 PM   #1
benkenobi
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Some good Christian rock bands to check out!!!

These bands are really good (you may have or haven't heard of) and I've run across all of them very recently. These are classic to grunge sounding rock bands that have lyrics of inspiration and musically excel at leagues beyond some of today's other non-Christian rock bands that are hitting the airwaves. Check it out and feel free to add your personal favorites to the list. - Ben

Today I picked up an album self-titled Day Of Fire. Their lead singer used to be in a band, Full Devil Jacket, that toured with Creed, Nickelback, etc. until a near-fatal heroine overdose brought him to the realization of Christ missing from his life. Now he's back with a new Christian band to spread his testimony, catch them at www.DayofFire.com

Another band is named Jonah33 and they are found at (ironically enough) www.JONAH33.com Check out the range of sounds these guys have from rocking it out to some very beautiful ballads. "Faith Like That" is a wonderfully orcheastrated song with great lyrics!

Seventh Day Slumber is yet another band that has been around, but hasn't received it's well deserved name under a label until recently. Check out a stream of all their songs off their newest album at www.seventhdayslumber.com
What's beyond it?"
- "Save Me" (Alter Bridge)

Last edited by benkenobi : 01-17-2005 at 11:51 PM.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:59 AM   #2
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
The best christian band IMO is "Third Day". Newsboys are also not too bad and I admit I like DC Talk back in the day.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 01-18-2005, 03:02 AM   #3
RMadd
USER INFO »
I've got Day of Fire (pretty good stuff) & SDS' "Picking Up the Pieces" (not too shabby either). But for my Christian Rock, I'll take P.O.D., Blindside, and Switchfoot. Now I know what some of you are saying, "they're all sellouts to the secular music industry", etc. But I like each of them before they had hits on mainstream radio. And it's not as though their music has changed. Their hearts and minds are still in the right places, and that's what counts.
I also like me some Relient K, Third Day, Skillet, and Pillar. KJ-52, though a Christian rap artist, is pretty cool. He's got this one song, Dear Slim, that's a sort of pseudo-parody of Eminem's Stan.

Old 01-18-2005, 07:30 AM   #4
benkenobi
USER INFO »
I agree with both of you that 3rd Day, Switchfoot, and P.O.D. are really great bands too. I was just trying to name some other bands that are sort of off the beaten path. Kutless is another band that sounds pretty good. I haven't listened to a whole lot of their stuff yet.
What's beyond it?"
Old 01-18-2005, 11:47 AM   #5
creedsister
USER INFO »
I Like Dayofire, thier pretty cool, i just like the heavier stuff out there,
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 01-18-2005, 04:58 PM   #6
titan9
USER INFO »
Kutless are an awesome band! I love their stuff.

Ditto for Seventh Day Slumber.

And the same can be said for Falling Up.(good friends with Kutless and signed to the same label)

I just listened to Cornerstone by Day Of Fire. Pretty good, and I think I'll have to check out their album now.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 01-19-2005, 01:19 AM   #7
RMadd
USER INFO »
yeah, Kutless is awesome. i've got both their albums: Kutless & Sea of Faces. Good stuff.

Old 01-19-2005, 03:03 PM   #8
titan9
USER INFO »
Yup. I hear they're working on a Worship album right now. They haven't said when it'll be released, but I'm assuming it'll be sometime this year. Oughta be good stuff.

I actually didn't warm up to Kutless at first. I heard Pride Away and a few other songs from their first album. I thought it was decent, but didn't really care enough to check out the rest of the album. So then Sea of Faces came out and I heard how awesome it was. I gave the CD a chance after hearing a few of the songs. Then I ended up buying the album. And soon after that, I bought the first CD as well. I'm a big Kutless fan now. They're coming to Michigan in March, unfortunately, though, they're coming to the western part(Grand Rapids to be exact) of Michigan, around 3 hours away from me. If only they came to say Detroit(or, hey, maybe they could come to my local Church?) then I could see'em in concert.

Oh yeah, there's an awesome Kutless fan site:www.kutlessrocks.com. They've got a Kutless message board and quite a bit of pics from Kutless concerts. And eventually they'll have some media, too. It's a pretty good site, so I figured I might as well plug'em.

Old 01-19-2005, 11:39 PM   #9
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I'll have to check out some of those bands
I', really starting to love Switchfoot! I just won their "Live in San Diego" dvd off Ebay and I can't wait to get it
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 01-20-2005, 09:56 AM   #10
titan9
USER INFO »
Yeah, I'm a Switchfoot fan as well. I first heard "Meant to Live" in January of 2004. I was like "that's a positive song, I like it" I definitely didn't know, at the time, that the members of the band were Christians. I just thought, hey, MTV's playing a positive Rock song for once! So I checked'em out and eventually bought the Beautiful Letdown. Good stuff.

Old 01-22-2005, 12:39 AM   #11
Tia67
USER INFO »
really like FALLING UP (Broken Heart-awesome song)
Switchfoot-AWESOME!
Kutless
Skillett

Single Artist:
Todd Agnew
Jeromy Camp

And you know it's amazing to me that some people think just because it's "CHRISTIAN" music it can't rock. crazy.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:38 PM   #12
titan9
USER INFO »
Yeah, it definitely CAN rock! I really love this type of music for the lyrics. Always positive lyrics.

Old 03-09-2005, 09:10 PM   #13
benkenobi
USER INFO »
I just recently saw "Day Of Fire" at a free concert that literally was a 3 minute walk to the church from my house. They were absolutely incredible! Rocking out the place, but their testimony was amazing! The lead singer used to be in a hard rock band (that toured with Creed/Nickelback, just to name a couple) and he got caught up in all the drug addictions in his lifestyle. It almost took his life then he accepted Christ to start anew, and continue his music as a testimony to his new found faith. This band was seriously as talented as any main stream rock band out there. I got to meet, get autographs, and actually have conversations with each, member of the "Day of Fire!" Trust me, if you like the harder rock stuffand really want to hear an awesome testimony to faith. Check out these guys on tour!!! www.dayoffire.com
What's beyond it?"

Last edited by benkenobi : 03-09-2005 at 09:13 PM.
Old 03-11-2005, 10:52 AM   #14
creedsister
USER INFO »
thanks for the link i will have to check,em out when im not so busy
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 04-13-2005, 11:47 PM   #15
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
What do U folks think of stavesacre? Christian band from I think, Chicago. They are sorta dark but theres so much light at the same time lol.

ROCK HARD!!!