++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Political Banter
Today's Posts «

Old 08-22-2011, 09:46 AM   #1
VJ Raven
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
RIP Jack Layton

Jack Layton, leader of the Canadian federal New Democratic Party and Official Leader of the Opposition in Canada's House of Commons, passed away this morning after a battle with cancer. He was 61 years old.

More on this: http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/a...ead-at-61?bn=1

Layton was known for his push for equality in our nation, in all forms, from English and French speaking people to be equal, all ethnic groups being equal and the LBGT community having equal rights.

He was one of the few politicians up here that I actually respected. He pushed through a lot of changes here in Canada.

RIP Mr. Layton, you will be missed.

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing.
~Me~

Music is vital to life, as vital as breathing.
~Me~

Old 08-23-2011, 07:53 AM   #2
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »
Re: RIP Jack Layton

Quote: (Originally Posted by VJ Raven) Jack Layton, leader of the Canadian federal New Democratic Party and Official Leader of the Opposition in Canada's House of Commons, passed away this morning after a battle with cancer. He was 61 years old.

More on this: http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/a...ead-at-61?bn=1

Layton was known for his push for equality in our nation, in all forms, from English and French speaking people to be equal, all ethnic groups being equal and the LBGT community having equal rights.

He was one of the few politicians up here that I actually respected. He pushed through a lot of changes here in Canada.

RIP Mr. Layton, you will be missed.
Thanks for posting it here VJ, if they have brought change even to the smallest tittle. they will be missed as the torch, of change passes on to the next peace be with us
Old 09-17-2011, 05:40 PM   #3
Buried And Gone
USER INFO »

Agreed, RIP.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:31 AM   #4
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Buried And Gone) Agreed, RIP.
If everybody could do that one thing, except decling the ears to whats best for theme we may all be ok but I guess everybody has chose there God, and as far as the blessed keepers of peace. WE HAVE CHOSEN THIS DAY WHO WE SHALL SERVE. my prayers are with you , and peace be with you in Jesus Name, My Almighty precious Alpha And Omega Blessings And Strengeth
Old 09-19-2011, 02:39 PM   #5
VJ Raven
USER INFO »

Thanks TA, he was one of the few politicians up here in Canada that I actually respected. I don't care for the NDP myself but Mr. Layton promoted equality for all and that's what I liked about him. If he was the leader of the Conservatives or Liberals, heck anything but the NDP, he would have had my vote in our last federal election.

Thanks Buried.

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing.
~Me~

Music is vital to life, as vital as breathing.
~Me~

Old 09-19-2011, 03:59 PM   #6
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by VJ Raven) Thanks TA, he was one of the few politicians up here in Canada that I actually respected. I don't care for the NDP myself but Mr. Layton promoted equality for all and that's what I liked about him. If he was the leader of the Conservatives or Liberals, heck anything but the NDP, he would have had my vote in our last federal election.

Thanks Buried.
Your Welcome, as far as myself Im taking the polls and the upcoming Election I want Obama to be RE. Elected its been a hard year in all things I pray he keeps the faith B/C of anybody else wins the election rather than Obama there would be chances that would,nt be such a good thing seeing that Obama knows what he is doing. When others would fail Or could by know means meassure up. To the work Barack Obama has started.