++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Political Banter
Today's Posts «

Old 09-25-2006, 02:45 PM   #1
Chase
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Is Hugo Chavez Crazy?

The other day at the U.N., he called President Bush "El Diablo (The Devil)" and abused his opportunity to speak at the United Nations. Now, he's saying that the President wants him immediately assassinated.

He called the president of Mexico "the puppy dog of the empire" and the president of Peru a "thief and a crocodile," and warned him "don't mess with me."

Anybody have a clue as to what's wrong with him? You know there's something wrong if America's most prominent Bush critics in the Democratic Party are condemning Chavez for verbally attacking President Bush.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:56 AM   #2
metalchris25
USER INFO »
Re: Is Hugo Chavez Crazy?

How are things in Sweden man? Or are you back?

I think the guy is looney. Maybe not, but he is a little lacking in the intelligence dept. To waste an opportunity like that just to bash others is ridiculous.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:54 AM   #3
RalphyS
USER INFO »

Well, crazy isn't the word, I think. This guy seems to ride on the wave of anti-American sentiment in his country and all over the world. Noone really takes him seriously, because he is overstating his points and therefore he can never be the posterboy for the above mentioned sentiment.

On the other hand it does win him democratic elections in his own country. politicians all are the same, Dubya uses the fear for terror for his own political gain, Chavez uses the dislike for the American politics for his.

What should concern the USA is that this anti-American sentiment, even in the west, has grown to such proportions, even among those who admire the basic American values for decades, that guys like this are almost taken seriously.

I know that Americans usually do not care about much outside their country, but never before has an American president been looked upon with so much disregard in the world as George W. Bush and you know this is an understatement. Should it be a reason for concern for you? You decide that for yourselves!

Ralphy's Cool Music Site www.aowekino.nl
Old 09-26-2006, 05:43 PM   #4
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »

Hugo Chavez is a wanker
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 09-26-2006, 09:08 PM   #5
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

Honestly Hugo Chavez is a 'very intelligent' guy trying to cal attention to media and obviously pretending to hide the real (sad)situation in Venezuela to his people ....but i really dont consider him as a real treat...well not yet...actually he tried a lot to obtain Lula's (Brazilian President) support to his 'ideas' to fight agaisnt american imperialism ...
Hes an example of a 'populistic" and -surely an extremely charismatic -leader... so hes far away of being classified as a crazy guy...believe me
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 09-26-2006, 09:12 PM   #6
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

Quote: (Originally Posted by RalphyS) What should concern the USA is that this anti-American sentiment, even in the west, has grown to such proportions, even among those who admire the basic American values for decades, that guys like this are almost taken seriously.

I know that Americans usually do not care about much outside their country, but never before has an American president been looked upon with so much disregard in the world as George W. Bush and you know this is an understatement. Should it be a reason for concern for you? You decide that for yourselves!

Very interesting points, my friend...as always btw...
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 09-26-2006, 10:23 PM   #7
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RalphyS) Well, crazy isn't the word, I think. This guy seems to ride on the wave of anti-American sentiment in his country and all over the world. Noone really takes him seriously, because he is overstating his points and therefore he can never be the posterboy for the above mentioned sentiment.

On the other hand it does win him democratic elections in his own country. politicians all are the same, Dubya uses the fear for terror for his own political gain, Chavez uses the dislike for the American politics for his.

What should concern the USA is that this anti-American sentiment, even in the west, has grown to such proportions, even among those who admire the basic American values for decades, that guys like this are almost taken seriously.

Speaking for myself, anti-American sentiment does not bother me in the least. If anything it makes me feel more patriotic.

There's some anti-Eusebio sentiment in my own life and I'll never change anything about myself for anybodys approval. So I respect my country for doing the same.

If the world isn't happy with America, then they should try some good old fashioned capitolism and take charge.

If Hugo believes GWB is satan, he sure doesn't seem to mind $doing business$(oil) with the devil. Hugo isn't crazy, he's just another HYPOCRITE.

-Homer Simpson

Old 09-27-2006, 08:19 AM   #8
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) Honestly Hugo Chavez is a 'very intelligent' guy trying to cal attention to media and obviously pretending to hide the real (sad)situation in Venezuela to his people ....but i really dont consider him as a real treat...well not yet...actually he tried a lot to obtain Lula's (Brazilian President) support to his 'ideas' to fight agaisnt american imperialism ...
Hes an example of a 'populistic" and -surely an extremely charismatic -leader... so hes far away of being classified as a crazy guy...believe me

According to Wikipedia:

In response to the speech, Democrat Nancy Pelosi, the Minority Leader of the United States House of Representatives and an ardent critic of President Bush, called Chávez an "everyday thug" and not the "modern day Simon Bolivar" that he "fancies himself to be". "Hugo Chavez abused the privilege that he had, speaking at the United Nations," said Pelosi. "He demeaned himself and he demeaned Venezuela." United States Representative Charles Rangel (D) also said in a press release that "George Bush is the President of the United States and represents the entire country. Any demeaning public attack against him is viewed by Republicans and Democrats, and all Americans, as an attack on all of us". Iowa Senator Tom Harkin (D) called Chávez's comments "incendiary." Former U.S. President Bill Clinton called the "personal demonization" a "mistake" that only hurt Chávez and his country.

Keep in mind, those are some very ardent Bush critics that are pissed off at what Chavez said.

I met some Peruvians the other day who are also studying here in Stockholm... and they absolutely hate everything about Chavez. The same goes for a lot of Mexicans. Chavez is solely trying to turn Venezuela into a dictatorship. He's trying to amend the Venezuelan constitution so that he can stay in office longer than he's supposed to. His country is poor and doesn't utilize the resources for the good of the people. He constantly tries to do business with Cuba's Fidel Castro (the man who drove Cuba into the ground), Iran's Mahmoud Ahmadinejad (Mr. Anti-Semtism himself), and is buying weapons from Russia.

Chávez made statements comparing Israel to Hitler and their actions to the Holocaust, and blaming the United States. He was strongly criticized for trivializing the Holocaust.

Human rights organizations Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch have documented numerous human rights violations in Venezuela, although these have usually been reports of police misbehaviour and brutality rather than criticism of Chávez's policies.

There have also been heated disputes between Chávez and other Latin American leaders, including one with Mexican President Vicente Fox over what Chávez alleged was Fox's support of U.S. trade interests. The dispute resulted in a strained diplomatic relationship between the two countries.

Chávez's foreign policy conduct and anti-Bush rhetoric has occasionally reached the level of personal attacks. Chávez once referred to U.S. President George W. Bush as a pendejo ("dumbass"), and constantly refers to him as Míster Danger. In a later speech, he made personal remarks regarding Condoleezza Rice, referring to her as a "complete illiterate" when it comes to comprehending Latin America.

Maybe he's tried to win Brazil and Argentina's support. But he's also done everything he can to destroy relations with other Latin American countries, Mexico and Peru (most notably). In fact, the candidates Chavez supported in the recent elections in those countries lost because the people were upset that Chavez was campaigning for certain people.

Well, I guess we all have different ideas as to what intelligence constitutes. I can guarantee you this much... Chavez is becoming a laughing stock to many of the world powers.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:23 AM   #9
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) According to Wikipedia:

In response to the speech, Democrat Nancy Pelosi, the Minority Leader of the United States House of Representatives and an ardent critic of President Bush, called Chávez an "everyday thug" and not the "modern day Simon Bolivar" that he "fancies himself to be". "Hugo Chavez abused the privilege that he had, speaking at the United Nations," said Pelosi. "He demeaned himself and he demeaned Venezuela." United States Representative Charles Rangel (D) also said in a press release that "George Bush is the President of the United States and represents the entire country. Any demeaning public attack against him is viewed by Republicans and Democrats, and all Americans, as an attack on all of us". Iowa Senator Tom Harkin (D) called Chávez's comments "incendiary." Former U.S. President Bill Clinton called the "personal demonization" a "mistake" that only hurt Chávez and his country.

Keep in mind, those are some very ardent Bush critics that are pissed off at what Chavez said.

I met some Peruvians the other day who are also studying here in Stockholm... and they absolutely hate everything about Chavez. The same goes for a lot of Mexicans. Chavez is solely trying to turn Venezuela into a dictatorship. He's trying to amend the Venezuelan constitution so that he can stay in office longer than he's supposed to. His country is poor and doesn't utilize the resources for the good of the people. He constantly tries to do business with Cuba's Fidel Castro (the man who drove Cuba into the ground), Iran's Mahmoud Ahmadinejad (Mr. Anti-Semtism himself), and is buying weapons from Russia.

Chávez made statements comparing Israel to Hitler and their actions to the Holocaust, and blaming the United States. He was strongly criticized for trivializing the Holocaust.

Human rights organizations Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch have documented numerous human rights violations in Venezuela, although these have usually been reports of police misbehaviour and brutality rather than criticism of Chávez's policies.

There have also been heated disputes between Chávez and other Latin American leaders, including one with Mexican President Vicente Fox over what Chávez alleged was Fox's support of U.S. trade interests. The dispute resulted in a strained diplomatic relationship between the two countries.

Chávez's foreign policy conduct and anti-Bush rhetoric has occasionally reached the level of personal attacks. Chávez once referred to U.S. President George W. Bush as a pendejo ("dumbass"), and constantly refers to him as Míster Danger. In a later speech, he made personal remarks regarding Condoleezza Rice, referring to her as a "complete illiterate" when it comes to comprehending Latin America.

Maybe he's tried to win Brazil and Argentina's support. But he's also done everything he can to destroy relations with other Latin American countries, Mexico and Peru (most notably). In fact, the candidates Chavez supported in the recent elections in those countries lost because the people were upset that Chavez was campaigning for certain people.

Well, I guess we all have different ideas as to what intelligence constitutes. I can guarantee you this much... Chavez is becoming a laughing stock to many of the world powers.

Did u read the 'very intelligent' i put there??? And your post has no6thng new´...cause we all in Latin America know himm better and his populists atitudes than you in North Hemisphere...believe me...and just to inform you : brazilians also dont take him seriously ...as I said before he tried to gain the support of Lula ...but he failed...
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 09-28-2006, 06:33 AM   #10
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) Speaking for myself, anti-American sentiment does not bother me in the least. If anything it makes me feel more patriotic.
There's some anti-Eusebio sentiment in my own life and I'll never change anything about myself for anybodys approval. So I respect my country for doing the same.

If the world isn't happy with America, then they should try some good old fashioned capitolism and take charge.

If Hugo believes GWB is satan, he sure doesn't seem to mind $doing business$(oil) with the devil. Hugo isn't crazy, he's just another HYPOCRITE.

Oh...this is the point: you americans(not all of you please!) simply dont pay attention to the 'world' and only when it has some interest for your goverement and this is not patriotism!!!!! ....Anyway... this attitude will make your country even more hated...and cant you see what this kind of 'attitude' it will provoke in the end? Every reaction corresponds to a action in the past, my friend....
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 09-28-2006, 10:25 AM   #11
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) Oh...this is the point: you americans(not all of you please!) simply dont pay attention to the 'world' and only when it has some interest for your goverement and this is not patriotism!!!!! ....Anyway... this attitude will make your country even more hated...and cant you see what this kind of 'attitude' it will provoke in the end? Every reaction corresponds to a action in the past, my friend....

Just because I feel I don't need to cower to global opinion does not mean I don't pay attention. Alot of these countrys that hate us the most get plenty of my tax dollars in the form of financial aid.(hypocrite)
Regardless of who is president or what the world thinks of my Country, I will stand behind this GREAT land.
THAT IS PATRIOTISM.

-Homer Simpson

Old 09-29-2006, 02:54 AM   #12
metalchris25
USER INFO »

Why do people always assume that most americans dont know whats going on in the world? I dont know any of those people. Most of us actually know a lot more than you may think. We are the most hated country in the world so it pays to know whats going on, dont ya think? Such an assumption is pure stereotypical ignorance.
Old 09-29-2006, 04:00 AM   #13
RalphyS
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by metalchris25) Why do people always assume that most americans dont know whats going on in the world? I dont know any of those people. Most of us actually know a lot more than you may think. We are the most hated country in the world so it pays to know whats going on, dont ya think? Such an assumption is pure stereotypical ignorance.

It's not an assumption, it's pure experience. I've been to the States 4 times and for the most part Americans know little of the world's geography, politics outside the US or the bigger part of history.

This happened to me once:
Where are you from? Holland, that's in Tennessee (could've been another state, I don't remember exactly), isn't it?

Old 09-29-2006, 04:05 AM   #14
metalchris25
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RalphyS) It's not an assumption, it's pure experience. I've been to the States 4 times and for the most part Americans know little of the world's geography, politics outside the US or the bigger part of history.

This happened to me once:
Where are you from? Holland, that's in Tennessee (could've been another state, I don't remember exactly), isn't it?
LOL! What an idiot.

So you think that I couldnt find someone in your country that doesnt know where South Carolina is?
Old 09-29-2006, 06:00 AM   #15
RalphyS
USER INFO »

You sure could, but most would know that South Carolina is a state in the US and not a city in England.