++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-02-2004, 02:05 AM   #46
Jez
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by TremontiWanaB) It's quite sipmle really... Mark commands respect... because he played the kinda guitar that he wanted to play... not what was popular... he helped bring the SOLO BACK!!!!!!!! come on... sure he looks cool... but he really is largely responsible for bringing the "classic Rock" sound back...

You have totally missed the point.

I'm going back to watch The Matrix now.....have a good night.

Creed~~Bullets
Old 01-02-2004, 02:12 AM   #47
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jez) You have totally missed the point.

you know what... i did at 1st... but i decided to go ahead and answer that part of it anyway... listen... no one is disagreeing that stapp has done some good things... i certainly am not... but mark does command respect for his abilities... i would say that stapp does too... he's a great lyricist... it is sad that he does not get that recognition...

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 01-02-2004, 06:16 PM   #48
shiver
USER INFO »
Whats funny is that Metallica was named biggest dissappontment, yet Kirk Hammet was named best guitarist. And the sad thing is that Metallica put out an incredible album, that sounds nothing like what they have done before, which is good because they needed to explore other territory. Now if only Creed would do the same. Hopefully the new 'Stappless' Creed, whatelse should I call them, will freaking rock the world!
Old 01-02-2004, 09:08 PM   #49
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
Quote: (Originally Posted by Iced) You know if you had a poll for best bands, creed would probably be on the top of that list. .
ill agree with that
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 01-02-2004, 09:18 PM   #50
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jez)
I find it interesting that people say that they respect Mark (or flip for that matter). Why? What is it that Mark does or has done that should earn him respect? Is it his stoic stance when he's onstage that commands it? Is it because people like his writing/playing abilities that earns him respect?.
yup, thats what does it for me. you think jumping around like youre on drugs makes any differnce? nope, all it makes you is mess up in your playing.
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jez) These men are far from perfect..you just don't hear about the things that Mark and Flip have done because perhaps they are a little bit more careful, and in general it's the frontman that gets the most exposure. .
ill agree with that
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jez) The media is such a double edged sword. It loves you when it wants to...when it's good for IT (bringing in ratings...money) but stray just a tad into the realm of humanity and you become it's prey....it will spit you out in the same breath that it just used to praise you, all for the mighty dollar.
sounds like a song i know (what if)
Old 01-02-2004, 09:20 PM   #51
facelessman
USER INFO »
i think its very stupid that Creed was voted in, but didnt do anything in 2003. what newbs. anyway, ill agree with limp bizkit. theyll always be tops on my list
Old 01-03-2004, 12:48 AM   #52
luvscott4ever
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by JenRN) Blah Blah Blah....... give me a break already! Boy for them to be in the same category as Limp Dickless, that does not say much for the author.

Hey, that's what I call them (Limp Dickless) It's all I know them by anymore!! If or whenever I talk about them, it always comes out as Limp Dickless, I've been calling them that for SOOO long, I can't even call them by what they really go by!! It just always comes out that way!!
Anyways...I read the same kind of article on radio station website that I listen to, and as I read the article I was like, WTF!! I was thinking the same thing, that Creed hadn't done anything in 2003, so how could they have been one of the worst bands of 2003!! That kind of shit, REALLY pisses me off!!

Oh well...HAPPY NEW YEAR anyways!!
Rock On Creed Fans!! We RULE!!

I'll give you everything I am, And still fall short of what you've done for me..Creed (what I would say to Creed, if given a chance)

Is she not right? Is she insane?..(They must be singing about me!! lol) Disturbed
Old 01-03-2004, 05:19 AM   #53
hide
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by shiver) Whats funny is that Metallica was named biggest dissappontment, yet Kirk Hammet was named best guitarist. And the sad thing is that Metallica put out an incredible album, that sounds nothing like what they have done before, which is good because they needed to explore other territory. Now if only Creed would do the same. Hopefully the new 'Stappless' Creed, whatelse should I call them, will freaking rock the world!

wasen't Dave Grohl named best guitarist? anyhow how could Hammet be best guitarist when in my mind and believe me many, many others "St.Anger" is by far the worst Metallica album and is devoid of solos. I think Metallica have hanged around too long, perhaps for money, maybe they love the lifestyle too much but they haven't produced a good album since the early 90's which is really sad because they used to be so great!
Old 01-03-2004, 01:29 PM   #54
PaulMcCoygirl
USER INFO »
I heard about that on a Rock station in San Antonio yesterday. Those people are idiots.

---------------------------------------------------

Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile,
and finds in your presence that life is worth while.
So when you are lonely, remember it's true
Somebody somewhere is thinking of you
Old 01-03-2004, 01:46 PM   #55
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
are you callin the ppl tha voted for creed idiots... or the ppl that voted.... cuz if it's the 2nd... you guys are callin me an idiot....and taht not nice...:P

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 01-03-2004, 02:05 PM   #56
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jez) What a shame that you have to put up with that Dogstar...

I find it interesting that people say that they respect Mark (or flip for that matter). Why? What is it that Mark does or has done that should earn him respect? Is it his stoic stance when he's onstage that commands it? Is it because people like his writing/playing abilities that earns him respect? Is it because the mistakes he has made over the last 8 years haven't been in the public eye? These men are far from perfect..you just don't hear about the things that Mark and Flip have done because perhaps they are a little bit more careful, and in general it's the frontman that gets the most exposure.
Why should Mark earn more respect than Scott when it's Scott who founded and heads the With Arms Wide Open Foundation and does so many wonderful things for children and their families? Such a shame that the same people that pass judgement on him are most likely the same people who probably don't even know about all the good things that he has done...only know of him what they have read, which unfortunately may be more bad than good because of the way things operate these days. The media is such a double edged sword. It loves you when it wants to...when it's good for IT (bringing in ratings...money) but stray just a tad into the realm of humanity and you become it's prey....it will spit you out in the same breath that it just used to praise you, all for the mighty dollar.
Old 01-03-2004, 10:47 PM   #57
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jez) What a shame that you have to put up with that Dogstar...

I find it interesting that people say that they respect Mark (or flip for that matter). Why? What is it that Mark does or has done that should earn him respect? Is it his stoic stance when he's onstage that commands it? Is it because people like his writing/playing abilities that earns him respect? Is it because the mistakes he has made over the last 8 years haven't been in the public eye? These men are far from perfect..you just don't hear about the things that Mark and Flip have done because perhaps they are a little bit more careful, and in general it's the frontman that gets the most exposure.
Why should Mark earn more respect than Scott when it's Scott who founded and heads the With Arms Wide Open Foundation and does so many wonderful things for children and their families? Such a shame that the same people that pass judgement on him are most likely the same people who probably don't even know about all the good things that he has done...only know of him what they have read, which unfortunately may be more bad than good because of the way things operate these days. The media is such a double edged sword. It loves you when it wants to...when it's good for IT (bringing in ratings...money) but stray just a tad into the realm of humanity and you become it's prey....it will spit you out in the same breath that it just used to praise you, all for the mighty dollar.

WOW JEZ this is the best thing I have seen in awhile. You are so right!!!!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-03-2004, 10:58 PM   #58
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Quote: (Originally Posted by luvscott4ever) so how could they have been one of the worst bands of 2003!! That kind of shit, REALLY pisses me off!!

Oh come on don't worry about it that much, don't let that shit get to you, what would they know, don't let it bother you, I don't let it bother me anymore like it used to, not really worth it.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006