++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-02-2004, 12:10 AM   #31
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
NO... he's makin an observation from other ppl's view WHAT DID I JUST SAY?

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 01-02-2004, 12:29 AM   #32
cjme
USER INFO »
Well, that's not how I took it, and no need to yell, my eye sight is just fine. I think I'd rather wait for an explanation from him and not go by an observastion that someone else made. But thanks anyway......i think
Old 01-02-2004, 12:36 AM   #33
Alter Shredder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed_Defaultgirl) Exactly, I'll probably kill myself if she ever becomes president. I'd rather NOT go through the whole Bill and Monica thing again. If you know what I mean!

I have a friend who is a lobbyist for a well known company. Since he works in washington with all of the senators and even the president. he is able to give me some info on the subject. He says that when Bill was president the whole place was like a frat house with alcohol and trash everywhere. He said it is very professional now under the Bush Administration. And he he has said that Hilary and Bill had some similar interests in after school activities from what he understood.
Old 01-02-2004, 12:46 AM   #34
Jez
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TremontiWanaB) hey dont jump on MusicMind... i think Stapp is a Great writer... but i completely agree w/ Musicmind!!!!!!!!!!! I loves stapp's lyrics... but his personality... whether it really true or not.... can sometimes come off as arrogent.... i'm not saying he is... but that's what ppl see... it's not stapp's fault... he's shy and ppl misinterpret it... the same w/ his lyrics.... musicmind is simply making an observation from other people's point of view...

You know, it really irks me when people make blanket statements about a person's personality or demeanor when they don't even know the person in question.....
How do you know he's shy? Have you ever met him? Talked to him? Saying that he comes off as arrogant is indeed just your opinion. What you see as arrogance, I perceive as confidence. There is a big difference...

IMO, I think it is better to pass on opinions and ideas that are your own and not try to speak for others (ie: making an observation from another person's point of view).

Creed~~Bullets
Old 01-02-2004, 12:50 AM   #35
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Omg Did You Even Read My Post!!!!!???????????????????
Quote: i'm not saying he is... but that's what ppl see

DID YOU READ THAT???????????

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 01-02-2004, 12:54 AM   #36
Jez
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TremontiWanaB) Omg Did You Even Read My Post!!!!!???????????????????

DID YOU READ THAT???????????

I most certainly did and THIS is what I read before you tried to dull it down.

Quote: but his personality... whether it really true or not.... can sometimes come off as arrogent....

THAT is what you said....is it not? If it is not your opinion, then why did you bother saying it in the first place?
eta: You didn't answer my question about why you would say he is shy when you don't even know him.
edited for typo

Creed~~Bullets

Last edited by Jez : 01-02-2004 at 01:00 AM.
Old 01-02-2004, 12:56 AM   #37
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I don't put much stock in polls anyway. And Matt's right about GW's readership. Still, it remains the *in* thing for Creed haters to keep spouting their hatred, whatever. I don't understand how a band that took a year off could be included in this poll, but hey, that's just me.
Old 01-02-2004, 12:57 AM   #38
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Damnit... i meant that's how some people see him... i didn't mean that's how i see him... but ... i can see WHY some ppl would think that...
1 he leaves his lyrics to interpretation... ppl ARE BOUND TO MISINTERPRET them into something they want it to... if someone doesn't like him even the slightest... they'll interpret to be something bad
2 He's a showman onstage... he's a singer... some ppl think all singers are arrogent...

Jesus + Guitars = Life

Last edited by TremontiWanaB : 01-02-2004 at 01:00 AM.
Old 01-02-2004, 12:57 AM   #39
Creed_Defaultgirl
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Iced) I have a friend who is a lobbyist for a well known company. Since he works in washington with all of the senators and even the president. he is able to give me some info on the subject. He says that when Bill was president the whole place was like a frat house with alcohol and trash everywhere. He said it is very professional now under the Bush Administration. And he he has said that Hilary and Bill had some similar interests in after school activities from what he understood.

no surprise
"...My beaten heart is in your hands, What I really need is shelter, And a chance to relearn love, Teach me all over, All over to relearn love, Show me again, So I can relearn love, The comfort of your arms around me, Your tender hands caress my head, I lay beside you, I'm not worthy..."
Relearn Love~Scott Stapp
Old 01-02-2004, 12:59 AM   #40
Jez
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I don't put much stock in polls anyway.

Neither do I. All it boils down to is pretty much just a popularity contest.....hence, naming Grohl as the best guitar player. I think he's cool as hell and his music is pretty good, but does that make him the best guitarist? Nahhhh.... People just like him, that's all.

Creed~~Bullets
Old 01-02-2004, 01:00 AM   #41
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
In defense of Matt, he's just talking about what others have said about Stapp. I have heard the same from other Creed haters. Believe me, I take a lot of crap for liking Creed and I try to dispel all the rumors and misconceptions, but you can't deny that many haters loathe the band because of Stapp. Most of them I know have grudgingly said they respect Tremonti, but they can't stand Stapp because they think he's full of himself and arrogant. Those are opinions I have heard from others as well.
Old 01-02-2004, 01:03 AM   #42
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) In defense of Matt, he's just talking about what others have said about Stapp. I have heard the same from other Creed haters. Believe me, I take a lot of crap for liking Creed and I try to dispel all the rumors and misconceptions, but you can't deny that many haters loathe the band because of Stapp. Most of them I know have grudgingly said they respect Tremonti, but they can't stand Stapp because they think he's full of himself and arrogant. Those are opinions I have heard from others as well.
Thank You Dogstar.

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 01-02-2004, 01:55 AM   #43
Jez
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) In defense of Matt, he's just talking about what others have said about Stapp. I have heard the same from other Creed haters. Believe me, I take a lot of crap for liking Creed and I try to dispel all the rumors and misconceptions, but you can't deny that many haters loathe the band because of Stapp. Most of them I know have grudgingly said they respect Tremonti, but they can't stand Stapp because they think he's full of himself and arrogant. Those are opinions I have heard from others as well.

What a shame that you have to put up with that Dogstar...

I find it interesting that people say that they respect Mark (or flip for that matter). Why? What is it that Mark does or has done that should earn him respect? Is it his stoic stance when he's onstage that commands it? Is it because people like his writing/playing abilities that earns him respect? Is it because the mistakes he has made over the last 8 years haven't been in the public eye? These men are far from perfect..you just don't hear about the things that Mark and Flip have done because perhaps they are a little bit more careful, and in general it's the frontman that gets the most exposure.
Why should Mark earn more respect than Scott when it's Scott who founded and heads the With Arms Wide Open Foundation and does so many wonderful things for children and their families? Such a shame that the same people that pass judgement on him are most likely the same people who probably don't even know about all the good things that he has done...only know of him what they have read, which unfortunately may be more bad than good because of the way things operate these days. The media is such a double edged sword. It loves you when it wants to...when it's good for IT (bringing in ratings...money) but stray just a tad into the realm of humanity and you become it's prey....it will spit you out in the same breath that it just used to praise you, all for the mighty dollar.

Creed~~Bullets
Old 01-02-2004, 02:03 AM   #44
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jez) Why? What is it that Mark does or has done that should earn him respect? Is it his stoic stance when he's onstage that commands it? Is it because people like his writing/playing abilities that earns him respect? Is it because the mistakes he has made over the last 8 years haven't been in the public eye?
It's quite sipmle really... Mark commands respect... because he played the kinda guitar that he wanted to play... not what was popular... he helped bring the SOLO BACK!!!!!!!! come on... sure he looks cool... but he really is largely responsible for bringing the "classic Rock" sound back...

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 01-02-2004, 02:04 AM   #45
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Heh, you're right about the media.

I will clarify what I meant. Those that hate Stapp grudgingly respect Tremonti as a guitarist. The ones I know like his playing and writing abilities, but they'd rather he have another frontman.