++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-04-2010, 07:38 PM   #16
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Scott's Vocal Problems (Explained)

well the most importan thing The Album Or The Tour did,nt fail which many would have love to see and made it all the way too THE NUMBER ROCK ALBUM personaly i dont think its algeries Or smokes Which Im Not White Whashing It By No Means Because They Are Not Good For Ya there is that big warning Label Everytime You Get A Pack And Menthoal Can Be The Worse Kind Im a smoker and its not a easy habbit to quit and more so when your under stress But Im Praying And Stand Fasting as well as for others For This Issuie To Heal when you a singer and you cant sing Those Reasons Are Going Hit Strong Which Dont Bring A Faithfull Vibe But A Doubting Vibe Which is Only Going To Make The Condition Worse ~~PEACE~~
Old 01-05-2010, 11:04 AM   #17
BSC
USER INFO »

At first I didn't put 100% faith in your source, but considering he's replied I think it's safe to say he's reliable. No one would make two long responses, if it was just a joke or something.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:10 PM   #18
in reality
USER INFO »

I believe it, exactly as stated. It was actually hard to miss, how obvious most of these sabotagers tactics were. I just hope this is looked into. Thanks for posting the update.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:39 PM   #19
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

Firstly I don't believe anything was "tampered" with other then the fact that Scott's vocals have been heavily edited and tuned throughout this trek which is excusable because he's suffering right now but the guy seems pretty defensive all of a sudden... he sent me 3 other messages trying to explain himself lol but who knows, I asked him about it all so I'm waiting for another reply, it could just be a fan making all of this up for the fun of it.

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:08 AM   #20
nagpo
USER INFO »

I wonder why Stapp himself won't publicly comment on all the speculation. It's obvious that his voice is different but he acts like nothings changed. Surely the band knows what the fans have been saying. Seeing as how we buy there records and support there tours and practically listen to there music religiously, don't we deserve some kind of peace of mind? Some kind of response from the band? It's like they're blowing it all off.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:29 PM   #21
maccamer
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dark_Knight) Firstly I don't believe anything was "tampered" with other then the fact that Scott's vocals have been heavily edited and tuned throughout this trek which is excusable because he's suffering right now but the guy seems pretty defensive all of a sudden... he sent me 3 other messages trying to explain himself lol but who knows, I asked him about it all so I'm waiting for another reply, it could just be a fan making all of this up for the fun of it.

I don't think anyone "tampered" either. The New York show that is available at DIME and others you could clearly here Scott struggling through the whole show. It wasn't editing that does that when it is obviously him having vocal issues. It has been every performance, the down tuning of all the songs, and the fact that he clearly is singing completely different than he ever has before.

It sounds like he did have the surgery for the vocal nodes and hasn't fully recovered his voice. This is very common apparently after having surgery that singers have a lower voice and have pitch problems. He also isn't able to scream at all. When he tries to scream, he has such a limited spot either he hits it or completely out of key all over the place. He seems to be able to sing is his limited range that he always has been able to sing in. That seems to be prevalent on the record. He just isn't able to control his scream and doesn't have the force or ability to yell/scream anymore. His voice is just shot on the upper range. It is like having a bad cold and not being able to yell or scream. You can sing ok, but you have such limited control. He is singing from his diaphragm, which is good, but it is like his throat is purposely numb so he isn't tempted to scream and risk losing his voice. Either that or his vocal cords are damaged and he just cannot scream in control anymore. When he tries to tighten is diaphragm and scream, it is like he pinches off all the air and what we hear is the blown out area of his upper range that is left. Sorry if I am being critical. I am a huge fan and just wish Scott the best. He is a great artist and an awesome singer!
Old 01-06-2010, 01:36 PM   #22
maccamer
USER INFO »

Check this out.

Scott Stapp - Live @ Fort Worth, TX - 03/13/2006 (Ridglea Theatre)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/fykgt1

When you sing in this condition, you cause damage. I know Scott probably didn't want to let the fans down, but years of this will result in nodes that eventually have to be operated on. This then helps so you can speak and sing in a limited range, but kills the range you once had.

If Scott was singing in this condition on the Armed forces tour and was smoking like a chimney, this could have resulted in flaring up his nodes or causing new calluses on the vocal chords.
Also, it is apparent with the amount Scott sweats and how much he smokes, he is dehydrated. This will make you horse right way at a sound check or prior and will not let you voice recover to its full range. Hydration, rest and stopping the smoking may help him recover his once very powerful voice. That is if he doesn’t already have damage from calluses, nodes or surgery to repair such ailments. Good luck Stapp! We want you back 100%, but most fans of yours will accept you for better or worse. Just let us know what is going on so we can write it off.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:42 PM   #23
BSC
USER INFO »

Very nice posts ^^

This forum needs more people like you
Old 01-06-2010, 11:30 PM   #24
maccamer
USER INFO »