++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-05-2009, 07:42 AM   #16
King Oropher
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Do you want Creed to continue?

Quote: Solution = don't go to abb.net
Old 10-05-2009, 11:05 AM   #17
BSC
USER INFO »

I don't think alternating between bands would be that exhausting...

Instead of doing a years worth of work with Alter Bridge, it will be something like 6 months of work with Alter Bridge, and 6 months with Creed..

It's all about dividing time.. Of course recording twice as many albums would be hard, but bands only release albums like every two years.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:18 PM   #18
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

Yes & they will continue. The Spring tour is a go by the way, at least according to Scott & Mark.

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:08 PM   #19
Krisoz26
USER INFO »

I would say they would have to. In a perfect world the album WOULD of been out before the tour began it wasn't. So if album sales soar if not in US but worldwide they wouldn't ignore the fans and make them wait til who knows when.

Strike while the iron is hot
Old 10-05-2009, 09:50 PM   #20
Buried And Gone
USER INFO »

As a new member im probably going to be flamed to hell for this. But fuck Alter Bridge. I love Mark, Brian and Flip but I just don't get the Myles hype the man just isnt that good of a singer, especially live...he sounds like a dying cat. I don't think Full Circle will be a big success but i will be a first week buyer and im sure it will blow Alter Bridge out of the water musically. If you can listen to ODR and tell me "Find The Real", "Broken Wings", "Open Your Eyes" and more or less every other song on the album save for "Metallingus" would not sound better with Stapp on vocals then well....we are on twoooo different wave lengths haha. But to answer the question YES I do think creed should stay together and I think Alter Bridge should take a backseat to Creed.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:44 AM   #21
Redeemer
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Redeemer Send a message via MSN to Redeemer Send a message via Yahoo to Redeemer

Myles sounds like a dying cat live? Harsh. I certainly hope not, I love AB. And I think Kennedy is a fantastic singer, especially in a day and age where dynamic vocalists are few and far between. Not once have I imagined Stapp's vocals in place of Kennedy's.

I literally have no true opinion either way; I am going with the flow on this one. I missed this past tour because of financial constraints, so I would love to get another opportunity to see Creed play live (especially since it is a dream I have had since high school). That being said, I love AB as well and I would be just as happy if they forged on and left Creed behind.

It is what it is. Ultimately, I want all parties involved -- Stapp, Tremonti, Phillips, [...brain fart on the bassist's name, just crucify Me and get it over with], and Kennedy -- to be satisfied with their lives. That may or may not be possible considering the nature of the situation, but hope springs eternal, etc. etc.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:17 PM   #22
mr_seeker_ny
USER INFO »

I think Full Circle will be a great album based on hearing "Overcome", "Full Circle", "Rain", "Bread of Shame", and especially "A Thousand Faces". I believe this album will get critical success, but not come close to the old days of 6-11 million copies sold.

Hopefully, the album at least goes double platinum. You have to take into account how screwed Creed are right now. They don't get serious air play based on the grudges of certain stations from past incidents and because the rock genre is dying. I live in NY and we do not have ONE rock station anymore. We have a classic rock station, thats it. I haven't heard Creed in NYC in years. Hard to get the word out when you get no airplay.

The album will be good though, I am very confident of that.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:26 PM   #23
creediscool17
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Buried And Gone) As a new member im probably going to be flamed to hell for this. But fuck Alter Bridge. I love Mark, Brian and Flip but I just don't get the Myles hype the man just isnt that good of a singer, especially live...he sounds like a dying cat. I don't think Full Circle will be a big success but i will be a first week buyer and im sure it will blow Alter Bridge out of the water musically. If you can listen to ODR and tell me "Find The Real", "Broken Wings", "Open Your Eyes" and more or less every other song on the album save for "Metallingus" would not sound better with Stapp on vocals then well....we are on twoooo different wave lengths haha. But to answer the question YES I do think creed should stay together and I think Alter Bridge should take a backseat to Creed.

you dont get the myles hype? he is a way better singer than scott stapp and he is a very good guitarist as well. he sounds like a dying cat live? are you really gonna go there? i've seen both bands live, myles sounds great live and he has a hearing problem that makes hearing certain tones/frequencies harder. scott stapp sounds horrible live just because hes a drunk, what does that say about the two singers.

i just can't believe you would say bad things about myles voice and then go and act like scott stapp is great, like really? someone needs to approach scott stapp and ask him to make fun of eddie vedder singing, do a bad impression of eddie vedder... about 2 seconds later he would realize that IS his voice, a bad impression of eddie vedder.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:25 PM   #24
Buried And Gone
USER INFO »

Myles is a VERY good guitar player but I just really dont like his voice. Scott Stapp used to sound amazing live, no singer could even touch him when he got into it and even today with the weird robot dances and his voice problems is still a better singer than Myles in my opinon (obviously...i'm saying it arent I). In all seriousness, fuck right off with the Eddie Vedder comparisons. There is NOTHING the two singer have incommon aside from a kinda low voice and a high level of ass kickery. So if a singer has a deep voice and sings rock music he is instantly an Eddie Vedder clone? I guess Myles ripped Chris Cornell off too right, they both have high raspy singing voices, totally the same. Sorry OP and the Creed Feed community for turning this into a flame thread
Old 10-07-2009, 09:54 PM   #25
My Sacrifice
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Buried And Gone) Myles is a VERY good guitar player but I just really dont like his voice. Scott Stapp used to sound amazing live, no singer could even touch him when he got into it and even today with the weird robot dances and his voice problems is still a better singer than Myles in my opinon (obviously...i'm saying it arent I). In all seriousness, fuck right off with the Eddie Vedder comparisons. There is NOTHING the two singer have incommon aside from a kinda low voice and a high level of ass kickery. So if a singer has a deep voice and sings rock music he is instantly an Eddie Vedder clone? I guess Myles ripped Chris Cornell off too right, they both have high raspy singing voices, totally the same. Sorry OP and the Creed Feed community for turning this into a flame thread

I think a lot of this Stapp hate is just AB fans who are mad that their band is taking a seat right now. Creed will always be greater than Alter Bridge.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:09 PM   #26
My Sacrifice
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by My Sacrifice) I think a lot of this Stapp hate is just AB fans who are mad that their band is taking a seat right now. Creed will always be greater than Alter Bridge.

By greater I mean the number one priority. .
Old 10-08-2009, 02:41 PM   #27
Redeemer
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Redeemer Send a message via MSN to Redeemer Send a message via Yahoo to Redeemer

In all seriousness, fuck right off with the Eddie Vedder comparisons. There is NOTHING the two singer have incommon aside from a kinda low voice and a high level of ass kickery. So if a singer has a deep voice and sings rock music he is instantly an Eddie Vedder clone? I guess Myles ripped Chris Cornell off too right, they both have high raspy singing voices, totally the same.
-Buried and Gone (too lazy to use the Quote feature)

I gotta admit, I am sick of that shit Myself -- always have been. Then again, I am sick of comparisons to begin with. Can no one be their own man anymore? -shaking head-

Know another thing I am sick of? This "Creed > AB" / "AB > Creed" bull. Get over yourselves, honestly.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:44 PM   #28
shadyogrady
USER INFO »

It's like comparing Van Halen and Van Hagar. Completely two different bands. You can like one, both, or none. I don't own any AB music other than one live recording and its pretty good but it's no Creed. Different in all aspects. I wouldn't purchase any AB music; don't care for the singer. Regarding Scott's voice, the comparison to early Led Zeppelin with late Led Zeppellin hit the nail on the head. Robert plant could have never sang " I can't quit you" in 1975. He did other great things in those years. As your voice changes, you learn to work around it. Same thing for early Queensryche and today's Queensryche. I love Creed music and Stapp's voice. I'm looking forward to hearing the new CD to see how the band changed to accomidate his older voice. "Overcome" is a great start so we'll see how it pans out.

If you haven't heard or listened to the band Procupine Tree, you're missing out. "Fear of a Blank Planet" and the new CD "The Incident" are awesome. Give'm a listen, you won't regret it.

Shady
Old 10-10-2009, 10:05 PM   #29
Redeemer
USER INFO »

-snaps to attention- Someone mention Queensryche and Porcupine Tree? -geeks out-