++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 04-24-2003, 01:36 AM   #16
Lechium
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Injuries are part of sport. Very common. VERY. Lets look at say hokey -- thoughout the season at leats a dozen of injuries happen. However many bands can go though a quiet a few tours without injuries.

Also if a player gets injured, in a team sport game can still go on. There are enough subs, and such. However if lead singer cant perform, than concert is pretty much doomed. BTW Layne Staley used to tour in a wheel chair when his leg was broken. So injury didnt stop him from performing well.
Old 04-24-2003, 01:40 AM   #17
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
but in that case he was almost healed... I doubt if he broke his leg during the concert he would go on
Old 04-24-2003, 02:24 AM   #18
Lechium
USER INFO »
He broke his leg during the tour. He was on stage performing within a week. So no he was far from healed, sitting in a wheelchair.
Old 04-24-2003, 08:33 AM   #19
hotforscott
USER INFO »
With all that has happened and all the shows that had already had to be cancelled, people would have been pissed if they had cancelled it. They would be saying, "He should have atleast tried" and now that he didn't cancel it, they bitch about that. This is a world full of titty babies and no one knows what happened before Scott went on stage except Creed and until we know what happened, we should shut up about it.
Old 04-24-2003, 08:39 AM   #20
JenRN
USER INFO »
Hell I saw Metallica twice, once the show right after James burned his damn arm to the extreme, he sang and someone else jammed on the guitar, does that make me pissed, NOOOOOO!!!!!!! The next time I saw them they were with Guns and Roses and Axl got on one of his hissy fits and broke a bunch of amps and you could not hear the band if you were in the back, it sucked but you know what, that is life, MOVE ON!!!!!!!! Everyone wants a damn buck easy, it is sickening to me to see this kind of crap! These assholes are acting like it happened all the damn time!This society thinks everyone "owes them something" more than likely they are low class idiots who have no money and look for an opportunity to sue anyone, like those who pour water on the floor in a store then fall What a bunch of crap!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 04-24-2003, 12:39 PM   #21
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
in the process of getting healed, whatever... the pain was gone though

blah blah blah

those people are losers, they sould move on... they just wanna get attention and explore the band
Old 04-24-2003, 12:43 PM   #22
Lechium
USER INFO »
All I'm saying -- if you put up a bad show, let people have an option of having money back.

Or if you know show you'll put up will be bad -- reschedule it.

It's only logical.
Old 04-24-2003, 12:47 PM   #23
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
yep, they considered it... but they were advised by the police to go on, coz they were afraid of the people creating a confusion there...
Old 04-24-2003, 12:59 PM   #24
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Yeah, all the riot talk. There were like tons of cops with riot gear ready to take on anyone. They thought that if Creed didn't perform, a riot would break out. I am sure there is so much more to it then we have knowledge of. I am sure there was also some talk about whether or not they should perform well before the show started and they were advised to go on ahead.
Old 04-24-2003, 05:16 PM   #25
jimmy2sacs
USER INFO »
they were going to cancel it, but it would've been too late. My brother's friend was doing security at the Allstate Arena that day and they called the cops incase Creed didnt go on.and the guys on TV that are suing creed said it wasnt because of the money they spent that they are suing but because of the stupid apology that they sent out.
Old 04-24-2003, 05:24 PM   #26
Lechium
USER INFO »
from Rolling Stone:
<i>Oddly, the note made no apologies for Stapp's condition, instead hyping it as a one-of-a-kind rock moment. "For now we hope that you can take some solace in the fact that you definitely experienced the most unique of all Creed shows and may have become part of the unusual world of rock and roll history!" A spokesperson for Creed could not be reached for comment at press time.</i>

Hello? Singer, high on perscription drugs doing stupid shit on stage seems something they are proud of? Sad.
Old 04-24-2003, 10:09 PM   #27
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Lechium
<b>from Rolling Stone:
<i>Oddly, the note made no apologies for Stapp's condition, instead hyping it as a one-of-a-kind rock moment. "For now we hope that you can take some solace in the fact that you definitely experienced the most unique of all Creed shows and may have become part of the unusual world of rock and roll history!" A spokesperson for Creed could not be reached for comment at press time.</i>

Hello? Singer, high on perscription drugs doing stupid shit on stage seems something they are proud of? Sad. </b>

Yeah, I agree it was a lame statement. They shouldn't have bothered. But there is no way in this litigious society (example: the ticket-refund lawsuit) that they would ever admit he was incapacitated in any way. That's just a reality of our society.
Old 04-24-2003, 10:22 PM   #28
Agent D
USER INFO »
It just doesn't seem fair. If it was any other band, then no one would care. But since it's Creed, they get screwed. :madder:
Old 04-24-2003, 10:44 PM   #29
Shoebird
USER INFO »
So these "fans" want their money back for the show? What about the people who spent $500+ for tickets on eBay, or tickets from scalpers at the last minute? I'd imagine the settlement would remain the same for every person who joins up, so some people are gonna get screwed for the second time. Big deal, you got to see Creed, no matter if Scott was having problems. I bet that no one there could honestly say that they didn't have a good time rocking with other fans. What about travel and hotel expenses? Do they want that money back too? "My hotel soap was gritty and it made me not enjoy Creed; I want money! And I hit a squirrel on the way here, too." I'd like to see the actual arguments these people are giving to justify their claim. And I'd like to see them get laughed out of court!
Old 04-24-2003, 11:22 PM   #30
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
yeah, bad statement... I dunno, but I think Creed has a horrible PR staff...