++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-01-2005, 07:32 PM   #46
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) The Rollingstone article says there were no charges filed, but I would have thought they would have an incident report. It doesn't even say whether they responded to the call, if there even was a call.

It does add up. Celebrity special treatment, for one. Were the cops even called? That's not made clear. It seems in the article, the hotel management/security took care of it. They probably didn't want the cops there.

Exactly. This hotel appears to be an upscale place. See their website. Usually upscale hotels have a reputation. Having a barage of cops come down doesn't look very good. To maintain their image and keep things under wraps they took care of the situation themselves (or so it seems, who knows though).

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 12-01-2005, 07:43 PM   #47
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) The Rollingstone article says there were no charges filed, but I would have thought they would have an incident report. It doesn't even say whether they responded to the call, if there even was a call.

It says in the Billboard article and on 311's board that the police were called. But then it says in RS that they weren't. What's up with the inaccuracies there?

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) It does add up. Celebrity special treatment, for one. Were the cops even called? That's not made clear. It seems in the article, the hotel management/security took care of it. They probably didn't want the cops there.

Then why did one of the band members say on 311's official board that the cops were called and they took Scott out of the hotel? You've got a point about celebrity special treatment, but it still doesn't make sense to me.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Hotel workers obviously would never comment on something like this, but then again, the lack of actual reporting by the so-called media is pretty pathetic. They probably didn't try very hard to find any.

Why wouldn't they anonymously comment on it? It's between two celebrities, afterall.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) See above. Plus, was the manager in the bar? Not necessarily. He may not have witnessed anything.

True, you've got a point there. But still, it was between two celebrities and it happened at his hotel. Why wouldn't he want to have 15 minutes of fame?

Another thing the PBF poster thought of: why would Scott be away from his family in Florida AND his son on Thanksgiving? His son seems to be the center of his life, so why would he want to be away from him on a Holiday?

More food for the thought.

Quote: (Originally Posted by nixhex) greetings everyone, i'm new here, and wanted to put my two cents into this conversation. It's sort of sad that there are people on here happy that Scott punched a fellow recording artist. Did anyone read the rolling stone article? Scott himself is quoted as saying 311 inspired him to start his band. And you are glad he instigated a fight with the band who is partly responsible for your beloved music existing? secondly, 311 are very low key, laid back, positive-preaching, weed smoking musicians, and in no lyrics will you find violent intentions. and lastly, INDIGOSTEVE, I have met and talked with every member of 311. they are all some of the nicest guys I know. I will grant you that Nick HExum is quite full of himself, but, he wasn't at the scene of the incident.

I respect all real music and musicians, and would never hope anyone be attacked or their wives be degraded.

ANd just for the record, no one on any 311 board is blowing anything out of proportion, like someone posted.

First of all, welcome to the forums. Second, if you had really read all of the posts in this thread, you'd see that most of us(including myself) did not condone what Stapp supposedly did. If it happened like the 311 guys said, it was definitely a disgrace.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 12-01-2005, 07:45 PM   #48
Stappishot
USER INFO »
:0(

Don't get me wrong I like Scott Stapp. But what we see on t.v. is not the scott we all know when he's not on t.v. It makes u think, does he respect his girlfriend as well? I never believed that scott has straighted up his act, he just seems like he's fake. This is a piece of article I read,

"In fact, one of the first things he said was that he loved to fight. So he started doing shots and breaking the glass on the bar, almost hitting one of our crew guys. My wife and I moved to a table and eventually Scott made his way over and sat down. He was looking for attention. Even before that, he had wadded up a napkin that he lobbed in our direction. It was pathetic, and we tried to ignore him, but it was impossible. Then he made a pretty disrespectful comment to my wife, which I'd rather not repeat, but in no uncertain terms, the word 'fuck' was used. That's when [drummer] Chad [Sexton] walked over."

If he is a man of GOD, and how he changed his life, and relearned love, why isn't he acting like it in the real word, and acting like a jerk in the fake world. Meaning what u see on tv. I'm not happy about this at all!

IN THE SONG JUSTIFY HE DOES LIVE A DOUBLE LIFE.

Last edited by Stappishot : 12-01-2005 at 07:47 PM.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:54 PM   #49
titan9
USER INFO »
I think he is a man of God, but I also think he is a man with problems(if the story is true). No Christian is perfect, including myself. But I still believe in God and Christ, and I am still a Christian despite my imperfections.

It seems like Scott acts like a total jerk when he is drunk, but is a lot different when he is sober. Just Tuesday he acted like a complete gentleman with a fan at the Regis and Kelly show. Instead of saying "no, I won't sign your CD", he went the extra mile, took pictures with her, signed the CD and a poster, and told the security guards(who thought the person was a threat) that "she's okay guys". I've heard other stories of him being polite and courteous with his fans, so this wasn't a one time occurance. However, I have also heard encounters with him on the opposite side of the spectrum, where he's a jerk to them. Perhaps that can be attributed to problems with alcohol or drugs. If that is his problem, he needs help.

Old 12-01-2005, 08:00 PM   #50
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) It says in the Billboard article and on 311's board that the police were called. But then it says in RS that they weren't. What's up with the inaccuracies there?
That was my point. We don't really know who was called. Maybe by cops they meant the hotel security. They could have been in uniform or something.
Quote: Then why did one of the band members say on 311's official board that the cops were called and they took Scott out of the hotel? You've got a point about celebrity special treatment, but it still doesn't make sense to me.
see above

Quote: Why wouldn't they anonymously comment on it? It's between two celebrities, afterall.
True, you've got a point there. But still, it was between two celebrities and it happened at his hotel. Why wouldn't he want to have 15 minutes of fame?
Because, the hotel management would figure out who said it and the person likely would get fired. In many corporations, there are policies prohibiting talking to the media. I would think hotels would fall under that category as they deal with a lot of celebrities, and they wouldn't want to lose money if a celeb knows he can't count on the staff to keep their mouths shut, especially, if, as Steve said, it's an upscale place.

Quote: Another thing the PBF poster thought of: why would Scott be away from his family in Florida AND his son on Thanksgiving? His son seems to be the center of his life, so why would he want to be away from him on a Holiday?

More food for the thought.
Indeed, that is food for thought, and sadly, if it's true, it lends credence to those who believe the man is leading a double life and lying his ass off most of the time: his image vs. his real self.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:00 PM   #51
titan9
USER INFO »
Another article on the story: http://www.ktre.com/Global/story.asp?S=4191041&nav=2FH5

A quote I find interesting:

Quote: (Originally Posted by Jonathan Jordan, director of hotel security) "It was definitely started by 311."

The inaccuracies in this whole thing are astounding. First it was a broken hand, now it's a broken finger. I'm wondering when the REAL truth will come out?

Old 12-01-2005, 08:05 PM   #52
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Another article on the story: http://www.ktre.com/Global/story.asp?S=4191041&nav=2FH5

A quote I find interesting:

The inaccuracies in this whole thing are astounding. First it was a broken hand, now it's a broken finger. I'm wondering when the REAL truth will come out?
Hmm, did the hotel cameras have audio as well as visual?
It would have been simple for any one of these web sites to call the Baltimore cops and find out if an incident report was filed. They might not say anything about the report since no charges were filed, but the last I knew, police logs were still public record. That would indicate the time of the call, the location of the call and a word or two on the incident. It also might indicate who responded to the call. Any decent reporter would try to get something out of the cops who were there, off the record at least, to confirm what the heck took place.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:24 PM   #53
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
You guys realized that? Insteady of discussing his song on TGD twhich by this way was released just a few days ago this guy made us discussing his weird behaviour???

And yeah Titan, Stapp needs 'help'-- but not coming from the others but from himself...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 12-01-2005, 09:04 PM   #54
Chase
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Chase, being a rockstar doesn't make it okay to hit people! And it shouldn't matter if other rockstars beat each other up. That doesn't make it okay for anyone to do the same thing and Stapp should not be exused for this.

Stapp... You dumb ass, LEARN!!!

I never said that it's okay. But what I am saying is people are quick to jump to conclusions despite of the fact that Stapp is a well known, polarizing figure in music. I mean... all sorts of bands have said crazy stuff about Stapp over the years. My point is... where were all of you when these events happened? Obviously not in the same room as Stapp and 311. There were no police reports, no pictures... just an internet message board posting (and so-called "responsible" journalists who are using that as their ONLY source of information). So... it is sort of fair to say that we're all jumping to conclusions. I won't condemn someone for something that has little evidence. We know MTV and Rollingstone were pretty critical on Creed... and they would love to publish something to tarnish Stapp's image. I mean... it's all sensationalism.

Last edited by Chase : 12-01-2005 at 09:10 PM.
Old 12-01-2005, 09:13 PM   #55
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Hmm, did the hotel cameras have audio as well as visual?
It would have been simple for any one of these web sites to call the Baltimore cops and find out if an incident report was filed. They might not say anything about the report since no charges were filed, but the last I knew, police logs were still public record. That would indicate the time of the call, the location of the call and a word or two on the incident. It also might indicate who responded to the call. Any decent reporter would try to get something out of the cops who were there, off the record at least, to confirm what the heck took place.

I had thought the same thing, Dogstar. I'd personally love to see this video released to the public, so that we could see what happened. I kinda doubt that'll happen, though, but I could be wrong as the Ashlee Simpson/McDonalds incident security tape was released not too long ago.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) And yeah Titan, Stapp needs 'help'-- but not coming from the others but from himself...

Well, if he has a drinking/drug problem, he definitely needs to own up for it and go to rehab.

Old 12-01-2005, 09:34 PM   #56
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
With his past it all seems rather likely that he was either inebriated or impaired in someway, and got into a fight at a REALLY dumb time... I almost feel bad for him.
Old 12-01-2005, 09:41 PM   #57
titan9
USER INFO »
Here's the AP story for those interested: http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/26492954

Old 12-01-2005, 09:58 PM   #58
Chase
USER INFO »
But Jonathan Jordan, director of security at the hotel, said the incident was captured on security cameras. He said Stapp was "attacked" by several members of 311 and that it took two security guards to break up the fight.

"It was definitely started by 311," Jordan said.

This is getting weirder every second lol.

So now this question arises: Do we believe 311 or the director of security?

Last edited by Chase : 12-01-2005 at 10:03 PM.
Old 12-01-2005, 09:59 PM   #59
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
The AP story seems to confirm that police did not respond to the incident:

Quote: Officer Troy Harris, spokesman for the Baltimore Police, said the department didn't have any record of officers responding to the hotel.

It also has the same quote from the hotel security head

Quote: "It was definitely started by 311," Jordan said.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 12-01-2005, 10:17 PM   #60
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
But it says further up in the story that police were called but no arrests made. Man, wtf? Where are the copy editors when you need them ?