++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-01-2005, 03:27 PM   #31
Robin101
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
It seems to me that there are people on this board who support Stapp with 'blind obsession' and those who bash him with 'blind hatred'.

It has been said on this forum before but I agree with the saying 'love the music, not the artist'.

I, at times, feel sorry for Stapp. Even during Creed's embryonic years people were slating him - on a personal and professional level. Numerous stories have circulated the 'media circus' that were later, through fact and common sense, found to be false.

Then again there are times (many) he has created these problems through ignorance and naivety. Certain comments he makes in interviews leads me to the question 'Does he try to make people dislike him?'

Take Care

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Had some eloquent graffiti
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
And 'Tell my mother not to worry'
~ The Trapeze Swinger
Old 12-01-2005, 03:31 PM   #32
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Robin101) 'Does he try to make people dislike him?'

Either he does or he is totally clueless. I mean seriously, has anyone read the article I jsut read in my paper's entertainment section today? Wow. I didn't think I could lose any mroe respect for him but I did.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:51 PM   #33
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I was doubtful of the story at first because I doubted the source. We still don't know all the facts, but if the 311 guys are talking about it, something must have happened. This is disappointing for sure.

Yeah, I agree. Still, it's entirely possible that the 311 guys are spinning the story to favor them. I mean, I don't doubt that it happened(and if it didn't....it's a very elaborate publicity stunt by 311) but I do doubt some of the stuff 311 has said. I'm kinda waiting to see if Stapp addresses it at all, and from there, I guess I'll judge which one to believe more.

If this story and the other one(in the NY Daily News) is completely true, it definitely points to Stapp having a substance abuse problem, whether that's with alcohol or, dare I say it, drugs. That would definitely explain a lot of his past indiscretions, such as the bar fight in '01 and even the Chicago incident. It's obviously sad if this is the case, as he is a talented musician who is letting his demons get the best of him. I hope that he gets the help that he needs, and is fans, rather than criticizing him, really should pray for him. It's pretty obvious that he is still struggling with certain aspects of his personal life.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 12-01-2005, 04:28 PM   #34
adparaiki
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to adparaiki Send a message via MSN to adparaiki
"The guy that created the bogus AP story...admits he made it up in one of those threads at the 311 board."

ok this is whats posted on PBS.
so stop talking about it.

His reasoning was that he didn't know that those rumors were actually true. So, he decided to write an exaggerated story for comic reason. His article and other rumors on the internet prompted 311 to acknowledge the 'brawl.' In any case, writing a fake AP letter was no a smart move and it just made a rumor worse than what it was. This does not, however, excuse Stapp from acting that way (if it happened the way they describe it).

Given that the 'AP' article is established as a fraud (which I didn't find very funny at all - nor does it read tongue-in-cheek), I see no need to speculate on whether or not any element of it is true.

The facts will come out, that article is not any of them.

Why is it everytime something positive happens with Scott some
people have to ruin his and our happiness? I guess they dont think that
Scott and his fans deserve to be left alone and have our time with the
new cd out and soon the tour.

It's really a sad thing that things have to be made up.

WE STILL AND WILL ALWAYS HAVE YOUR BACK SCOTT!!!!!!!

Maybe we'll make our own judgments about who we'll support and who we won't. I for one don't plan on making any judgments until I hear Scott's side of the story, which I expect on Rockline next week.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:30 PM   #35
adparaiki
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to adparaiki Send a message via MSN to adparaiki
Again, let's not get carried away about this story. All we have so far is hearsay and a fake AP article.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:05 PM   #36
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Yes, but it has happened in the past... It's not impossible that Stapp did the same, sad thing again!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 12-01-2005, 05:10 PM   #37
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: (Originally Posted by adparaiki) Again, let's not get carried away about this story. All we have so far is hearsay and a fake AP article.

It's also been reported at www.rollingstone.com

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 12-01-2005, 05:27 PM   #38
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) It's also been reported at www.rollingstone.com

yup...check it out...

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/sto...on=6.0.12.1212
Old 12-01-2005, 05:28 PM   #39
sina2b
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) It's also been reported at www.rollingstone.com

please open your eyes people, rollingstone would not write such a thing of it wasnt true, they can get sued for this big time.

and heres another one: http://www.thesuperficial.com/index.html

what an asshole this guy is, and yes i dont like him at all for all hes doing; not seeing this is complete stupidity, it makes you look bad.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:34 PM   #40
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) ^That's not so rare! lol, love the new avatar by the way.

Considering the 'start' ... I think its a progress...lol / As for the avatar: thanks,you know I love Cornell.

PS: Also, I still love Stapp's songs/lyrics/voice but I cant stand his lack of maturity... right now that he(finnaly) released his cd and WU is giving to him all the promotion... seems that he wants to ruin everything...

And I cant understand why some people here just avoid to see the true...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 12-01-2005 at 05:47 PM.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:36 PM   #41
sina2b
USER INFO »
this is getting big and published all over the internet, something like this at such a sensitive time can ruin his career for good.

lol And maybe hes right:

"Just when I thought I had it all caught a sucker punch and lost it all
Just never thought it would have come from you"

I bet he never thought it wouldve came from 311's DJ
Old 12-01-2005, 05:43 PM   #42
titan9
USER INFO »
A person at PBF raised some very interesting points:

(1) If the police were called to the bar, why aren't there records of the incident? It would seem that if Rolling Stone and Billboard decided to report it, they'd at least look to see if there were records.

(2) The 311 dude broke his hand. Obviously, to break his hand, he would have had to do good damage to Stapp. And if he punched him in the face, why are there no marks? A girl from PBF met Stapp and there wasn't a scratch on him Tuesday. Granted, 5 days had passed since the alleged incident, but you'd think if he were punched in the face that hard, that there'd be a mark. Sure make-up can help, but it can't mask EVERYTHING.

(3) If he was so drunken, and started the fight, why was he NOT arrested? Further, why aren't the 311 guys pressing charges? It doesn't add up.

(4) Where are the eye-witnesses? The only eye-witness we've heard from are the 311 guys.

(5) The Billboard article mentioned that the manager who was on-duty that night at the hotel said “I don't have any idea what you guys are talking about.” Wouldn't the manager know?

So I'm presently doubting some things and not quite convinced that all of this happened. It could very well be an elaborate publicity stunt on 311's part. I don't know, but it's definitely some food for the thought.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 12-01-2005, 05:57 PM   #43
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) A person at PBF raised some very interesting points:

(1) If the police were called to the bar, why aren't there records of the incident? It would seem that if Rolling Stone and Billboard decided to report it, they'd at least look to see if there were records.

(2) The 311 dude broke his hand. Obviously, to break his hand, he would have had to do good damage to Stapp. And if he punched him in the face, why are there no marks? A girl from PBF met Stapp and there wasn't a scratch on him Tuesday. Granted, 5 days had passed since the alleged incident, but you'd think if he were punched in the face that hard, that there'd be a mark. Sure make-up can help, but it can't mask EVERYTHING.

(3) If he was so drunken, and started the fight, why was he NOT arrested? Further, why aren't the 311 guys pressing charges? It doesn't add up.

(4) Where are the eye-witnesses? The only eye-witness we've heard from are the 311 guys.

(5) The Billboard article mentioned that the manager who was on-duty that night at the hotel said “I don't have any idea what you guys are talking about.” Wouldn't the manager know?

So I'm presently doubting some things and not quite convinced that all of this happened. It could very well be an elaborate publicity stunt on 311's part. I don't know, but it's definitely some food for the thought.
311 are from where I live, well they have egos like you would not believe!
Old 12-01-2005, 06:12 PM   #44
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) A person at PBF raised some very interesting points:

The Rollingstone article says there were no charges filed, but I would have thought they would have an incident report. It doesn't even say whether they responded to the call, if there even was a call.

Quote: (3) If he was so drunken, and started the fight, why was he NOT arrested? Further, why aren't the 311 guys pressing charges? It doesn't add up.
It does add up. Celebrity special treatment, for one. Were the cops even called? That's not made clear. It seems in the article, the hotel management/security took care of it. They probably didn't want the cops there.

Quote: (4) Where are the eye-witnesses? The only eye-witness we've heard from are the 311 guys.
Hotel workers obviously would never comment on something like this, but then again, the lack of actual reporting by the so-called media is pretty pathetic. They probably didn't try very hard to find any.

Quote: (5) The Billboard article mentioned that the manager who was on-duty that night at the hotel said “I don't have any idea what you guys are talking about.” Wouldn't the manager know?
See above. Plus, was the manager in the bar? Not necessarily. He may not have witnessed anything.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:59 PM   #45
nixhex
USER INFO »
greetings everyone, i'm new here, and wanted to put my two cents into this conversation. It's sort of sad that there are people on here happy that Scott punched a fellow recording artist. Did anyone read the rolling stone article? Scott himself is quoted as saying 311 inspired him to start his band. And you are glad he instigated a fight with the band who is partly responsible for your beloved music existing? secondly, 311 are very low key, laid back, positive-preaching, weed smoking musicians, and in no lyrics will you find violent intentions. and lastly, INDIGOSTEVE, I have met and talked with every member of 311. they are all some of the nicest guys I know. I will grant you that Nick HExum is quite full of himself, but, he wasn't at the scene of the incident.

I respect all real music and musicians, and would never hope anyone be attacked or their wives be degraded.

ANd just for the record, no one on any 311 board is blowing anything out of proportion, like someone posted.