++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-01-2005, 09:11 AM   #16
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Being a Christian means recognizing your sins and asking for forgiveness from the higher power. No one can be "Christ-Like."

Asking forgiveness from sins can have nothing to do with Christianity. How can the definition of your "Christianity" not even have Christ in it? I'm sure plenty of non-Christians do that. So defend Stapp how you want but he is not acting very Christian.

Frankly every time I try to give the guy a chance he acts like a terd again. Did everyone read that article in which he compares himself to Sting? One must believe that he is the most ridiculous, deceit-filled, arrogant man on the planet after reading that article. He took drugs because he was "taking one for the team", he "wrote ALL the music for Creed" he was "TOO GIVING in nature and that's why Creed had its problems". I mean, who does he think we are? Morons?

Oh wait. Yeah, the general public is...
Old 12-01-2005, 09:18 AM   #17
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
Finch got beat up for a good reason, the lead singer pushed Dave Draimine's wife while she was holding their child. That is a good reason. Getting drunk and being an asshole isnt. I know what you mean tho, it doesnt effect the music, but at the same time, i hate people who live double standards. Being a musician, being famous doesnt give you the right to be a beligerant asshole.

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 12-01-2005, 09:22 AM   #18
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer)
Frankly every time I try to give the guy a chance he acts like a terd again. Did everyone read that article in which he compares himself to Sting? One must believe that he is the most ridiculous, deceit-filled, arrogant man on the planet after reading that article. He took drugs because he was "taking one for the team", he "wrote ALL the music for Creed" he was "TOO GIVING in nature and that's why Creed had its problems". I mean, who does he think we are? Morons?

Oh wait. Yeah, the general public is...

Oh God...Im so disappointed with Stapp that Im 'almost' agreeing with uncertain...lol
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 12-01-2005 at 09:32 AM.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:17 AM   #19
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
^That's not so rare! lol, love the new avatar by the way.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:31 AM   #20
titan9
USER INFO »
*shakes head* Well, now that the 311 guys are telling the story themselves, it definitely has more credibility. If everything they say is true, wow, it's just so disappointing. Stapp's got this new album out and he's trying to establish himself as a solo artist. This is certainly the last thing he needs. If it is true, he needs to get himself some help. It appears that he can't drink a lot and still act somewhat civilized. I honestly think, just based on these stories, that he has a problem with alcohol. If he wants to redeem himself in the eyes of the fans, he needs to own up for it. I don't care if a lot of rockstars do it; that doesn't make it justifiable...especially when he paints himself as this good guy who has changed. When he is still showing up to certain places drunk, I think that shows that he probably hasn't changed as much as he claims.

Anyway, I'm still a fan of his music. That won't change unless I start hating his music.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 12-01-2005, 11:32 AM   #21
IamFilthy
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Being a Christian means recognizing your sins and asking for forgiveness from the higher power. No one can be "Christ-Like." Anyway... that's irrelevent. I honestly don't give a crap about who Stapp beats up, last time I checked... that had nothing to do with making music. I hate drug use... but that doesn't mean that I'll boycott every musician from Scott Weiland to Jimi Hendrix. Recently in rock, we've seen Disturbed beat up Finch... and Godsmack crew members beat up Story of the Year. Who ever said being a rock star is a gentleman's game? Look at Liam Gallagher of Oasis. That man is CONSTANTLY instigating feuds. That doesn't change the fact that his band created some of the best songs of the 1990s. I mean... why do people act surprised that Stapp has a temper? He's written songs like "Fight Song," "Bullets," and "What If." Bottom line... NONE OF US were there and there is no public evidence that this happened. For all we know... 311 has a dislike for Stapp and saw these rumors as a good way to slander Stapp. What Stapp does in his personal life has nothing to do with me. I listen to his music and enjoy his lyrics. Rarely, will you find a SAINT in rock music. Kurt Cobain would instigate fights constantly... that did not affect Nirvana's popularity at all.

I dunno... I still remember when Godsmack said that Stapp was being a dick to some handicapped guy in a wheelchair. It's all words to me when someone can't provide a thread of evidence to back it up. I think you're jumping to conclusions too fast Steve... Stapp is an artist who is intensely hated and also adored. He's an easy target. To me, this is like Michael Moore saying that the President is a liar. If the source can't really provide evidence... then is the defendent guilty? Or is he/she innocent until PROVEN guilty?

If this is true... then I wish the band that was there was Good Charlotte.

I couldn't have said it any better myself! If it is true,..I'm glad he punched 311. They need it! As far as I'm concerned, THAT'S A ROCKSTAR!
I've been living a double life
Old 12-01-2005, 12:10 PM   #22
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: If everything they say is true, wow, it's just so disappointing.

That's what we've been tryin' to tell ya!

Btw... read the article I posted on page one.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:37 PM   #23
titan9
USER INFO »
I read it, dude. I'm taking that one with a grain of salt as that is from a gossip column. As you probably know, some gossip columns flat out lie. So I'll wait until the 6th, watch the show myself and see if he looks smashed.

Old 12-01-2005, 12:50 PM   #24
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by IamFilthy) I couldn't have said it any better myself! If it is true,..I'm glad he punched 311. They need it! As far as I'm concerned, THAT'S A ROCKSTAR!
HELL YEA
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 12-01-2005, 01:28 PM   #25
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I read it, dude. I'm taking that one with a grain of salt as that is from a gossip column. As you probably know, some gossip columns flat out lie. So I'll wait until the 6th, watch the show myself and see if he looks smashed.
ok... easy, man! I'm just kidding with you today. no harm intended!

but I apologize before hand if I offended you in any way.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:41 PM   #26
titan9
USER INFO »
No, you didn't. I forgot to put my smiley down. I knew you were joking and I was just joking around as well, heh.

Well, RS is now reporting it: http://www.rollingstone.com/news/sto...region=single1

Old 12-01-2005, 02:03 PM   #27
Chase
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by sina2b) give me a break, scott stapp is not a target for anyone, most people dont even know his name and hes clearly not a threat to anyone or any musician for being a victim of that sort of stuff. seeing what an ass stapp is, is simpler than 2+2 for me, why is it so hard for others to see this! this is whats bothering me, i allready know hes fucked up and none of this surprises me but the fact that people keep on defending him does.

stapp should dissappear instead of giving out new albums, this way he might be able to keep a good name for himself for at most a few years! Wind-Up should consider that

Wow... so obviously you didn't hear that recent radio interview in which the ENTIRE radio station set him up in order to antagonize him. Like it or not... he's still egged on by people. Let me ask you this? HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS IS TRUE? You can't back it up... you hate the guy, so you're using this as an opportunity to bitch and whine about him.

There's always two sides to a story... I mean... to me it sounds like 311 is sugar coating it. It's like they're saying "Oh, we were holding hands and singing songs... and then Stapp in all his infernal hatred arrived and pulled out a machine gun threatening to destroy us ALL!!!!"

Last edited by Chase : 12-01-2005 at 02:07 PM.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:50 PM   #28
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I was doubtful of the story at first because I doubted the source. We still don't know all the facts, but if the 311 guys are talking about it, something must have happened. This is disappointing for sure.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:00 PM   #29
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Chase, being a rockstar doesn't make it okay to hit people! And it shouldn't matter if other rockstars beat each other up. That doesn't make it okay for anyone to do the same thing and Stapp should not be exused for this.

Stapp... You dumb ass, LEARN!!!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 12-01-2005, 03:23 PM   #30
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Chase, being a rockstar doesn't make it okay to hit people! And it shouldn't matter if other rockstars beat each other up. That doesn't make it okay for anyone to do the same thing and Stapp should not be exused for this.

Stapp... You dumb ass, LEARN!!!
SURE IT DOES IT MAKES IT OK HAAAAAAAAA im kiding some what and Another damn thing there is to freaking sides to every story It May Not Have Been Right But im sure he had good Reason Thats a good enough Excuse I never Seen Such Cry Babys Get So Upset Over A Lit Wild Hair Stapp Hit Me He Really Hit Me, They Should See The Light And Thank GOD Someboy Else Did,nt Get To,em First That Really Do Mager Damage
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done