++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-02-2005, 11:45 AM   #16
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chris98GT) Mark, Flip, Brian - Did you see them pondering stupid questions like this when Alter Bridge came out? Fuck no. They went out and played. They've been playing their asses off for the last year and a half across the world, showing everyone that their hearts and souls are still in the music. What are you doing? You're sitting on your ass hoping you can pick right up where you left off, touring arenas
Agreed... Playing stadiums at once? Yeah right... Play stadiums ever again? Well, we'll see about that, I doubt it big time!

Quote: (Originally Posted by IamFilthy) I'm sorry,...but what an idiot!
No, he just has another opinion, respect it!

Quote: (Originally Posted by IamFilthy) as I'm concerned, Mark, Flip, and Brian turned their back on Creed. Scott was the heart and soul of Creed while Mark was the backbone.
What, are you crazy? They never turned their backs on Creed. All Mark has been saying about Creed is that he's very proud of his past and that they're NEVER going to reunite. That's all!

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chris98GT) December 29th, 2002 - Where were you?

I'll tell you where I was. I was witnessing, first hand, the downfall of Scott Stapp and Creed, front row center.

Maybe if you were there, you would have seen first-hand who really turned their back on who.
Wow, you were there? That's so cool! Tell me everything, what happened, how was it, did he seem drunk, did Mark play that 15-minute long shredding solo I've heard of and was Stapp reeeally that bad? Did the go off the stage after 3 songs to throw up and could he sing the songs?

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor

Last edited by The Lithium : 12-04-2005 at 01:03 PM.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:11 PM   #17
Chris98GT
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Wow, you were there? That's so cool! Tell me everything, what happened, how was it, did he seem drunk, did Mark play that 15-minute long shredding solo I've heard of and was Stapp reeeally that bad? Did the go off the stage after 3 songs to throw up and could he sing the songs?
Lights went out. Everything was normal. The introduction to Bullets came on. The guys came out, and you could see them take their places. They launch into Bullets, and within 2 minutes, I *knew* something was wrong with Scott. He just wasn't singing right. He was off-key a little, and his voice did not sound normal. It all went downhill from there.

After a few half-assed attempts at songs like What If, Freedom Fighter and Who's Got My Back, he couldn't even stand up anymore. He laid down on the ground and started mumbling the words to the song! Obviously it's hard to hear every word he's saying, but word has it that he even mumbled a name of a stripper who was giving him a lap dance the night before. He was calling out for her! LOL.

I think it was after a horrible, stumbling drunk rendition of Who's Got My Back that Scott just ran off stage. The band was totally dumbfounded. The audience was just sitting there like "WTF?" Mark got on his mic and said he was going to go see what's going on, and apologized.

Scott eventually came back out with a towel on his shoulders and no shirt on. He looked wet, like someone dunked him in a tub or something. He continued to be extremely animated, in a sloppy drunk way. He attempted to sing the rest of the set, but failed miserably. At any given moment, he would forget lyrics or just stop singing in general while the band continued to play. He was off-key all night long.

At one point, during the end of the show, he started getting violent with the mic stand. He dragged the micstand and a bunch of cords all the way to the far-right end of the stage and continued to scream/sing and pump his fists in the air.

Once they hit 90 minutes, including the drunken intermission, they ended the show. They wanted to play just long enough so they didn't have to give refunds.

The next morning on a local radio show, they said Scott was completely trashed off his ass from drinking Maker's Mark whiskey. Now, here's an interesting tidbit. I vividly remember Freak (a guy from the radio show) coming out and introducing Creed that night.... and what did Freak have in his hand? A bottle of Maker's Mark.

This is the best part -

They also said they had to put Scott in a BATHTUB filled with ICE to sober him up. Yes, ice. You read that correctly. I believe that happened when he ran off the stage, remember how I said he appeared wet? That would explain it.

Last edited by Chris98GT : 12-02-2005 at 01:13 PM.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:32 PM   #18
titan9
USER INFO »
Interesting. That's the first fan story of that night I've heard about the incident. Thanks for posting that, as it sheds some light on it.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 12-03-2005, 02:39 AM   #19
facelessmike
USER INFO »
Yes, thanks! hmm...interesting. Now we have some details to add to the picture...I saw them just a couple weeks before that, and while Stapp put on an amazing and passionate show(i was in the pit area), it was clear from his body language and some comments he made that something were bothering him.
Old 12-03-2005, 02:44 AM   #20
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chris98GT) Lights went out. Everything was normal. The introduction to Bullets came on. The guys came out, and you could see them take their places. They launch into Bullets, and within 2 minutes, I *knew* something was wrong with Scott. He just wasn't singing right. He was off-key a little, and his voice did not sound normal. It all went downhill from there.

After a few half-assed attempts at songs like What If, Freedom Fighter and Who's Got My Back, he couldn't even stand up anymore. He laid down on the ground and started mumbling the words to the song! Obviously it's hard to hear every word he's saying, but word has it that he even mumbled a name of a stripper who was giving him a lap dance the night before. He was calling out for her! LOL.

I think it was after a horrible, stumbling drunk rendition of Who's Got My Back that Scott just ran off stage. The band was totally dumbfounded. The audience was just sitting there like "WTF?" Mark got on his mic and said he was going to go see what's going on, and apologized.

Scott eventually came back out with a towel on his shoulders and no shirt on. He looked wet, like someone dunked him in a tub or something. He continued to be extremely animated, in a sloppy drunk way. He attempted to sing the rest of the set, but failed miserably. At any given moment, he would forget lyrics or just stop singing in general while the band continued to play. He was off-key all night long.

At one point, during the end of the show, he started getting violent with the mic stand. He dragged the micstand and a bunch of cords all the way to the far-right end of the stage and continued to scream/sing and pump his fists in the air.

Once they hit 90 minutes, including the drunken intermission, they ended the show. They wanted to play just long enough so they didn't have to give refunds.

The next morning on a local radio show, they said Scott was completely trashed off his ass from drinking Maker's Mark whiskey. Now, here's an interesting tidbit. I vividly remember Freak (a guy from the radio show) coming out and introducing Creed that night.... and what did Freak have in his hand? A bottle of Maker's Mark.

This is the best part -

They also said they had to put Scott in a BATHTUB filled with ICE to sober him up. Yes, ice. You read that correctly. I believe that happened when he ran off the stage, remember how I said he appeared wet? That would explain it.

damn...that's quite a story, man...but, hey, it's historical, you should feel good about having been there...
Old 12-03-2005, 05:54 AM   #21
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Wow Chris, that's quite a story! Since you were front row, center, I guess there's nothing left to do for us but believe you. I hope, for your sake, you saw Creed before that show. So you got a picture of how good they might be. I never saw Creed live, 'cause I live in Stockholm, Sweden, and they were never even close to Sweden at any time.

But thanks to my great parents, (I'm 17 december 30th), and the fact that my father travels quite a lot, I've got to see AB twice. Once in London and once in Paris, those were great shows! And they're all great guys!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 12-03-2005, 10:41 AM   #22
GregS
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chris98GT) Lights went out. Everything was normal. The introduction to Bullets came on. The guys came out, and you could see them take their places. They launch into Bullets, and within 2 minutes, I *knew* something was wrong with Scott. He just wasn't singing right. He was off-key a little, and his voice did not sound normal. It all went downhill from there.

This is the best part -

Wee... Thnx for that man. Been waiting along time for a story from a fans point of view. Think yourself lucky for seeing that , must of been 1 hell of a night..
Old 12-03-2005, 12:45 PM   #23
Chris98GT
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) I hope, for your sake, you saw Creed before that show. So you got a picture of how good they might be.
Yes, definitely. I saw them many times before that, probably 5 or 6. Each show was amazing, that's why that last one was such a shock and disappointment.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:05 PM   #24
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Yeah, tell me about it... But hey... They're not with Stapp anymore, Brian is back and Myles, the voice of rock 'n roll, has joined them. While Stapp pulls off all of his crap and fights AB is rocking out and they're doing it for the love of the music! They're better off this way, and they're live shows are still AMMMAAAAZZIING!!!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 12-04-2005, 02:27 PM   #25
RoffeDH
USER INFO »
Man Chris, thanks for that... Been woundering of what happened that night!
I never saw any AB show since I too live in sweden, just that I live on the west coast and Lith lives on the east... Any ways...
Yeah Lith! They're truly amazing and amazingly friendly! If I only could keep my head cold to be able to ask them questions next time I see them!
Ever seen an AB show Chris?
Old 12-04-2005, 04:16 PM   #26
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RoffeDH) I never saw any AB show since I too live in sweden
Dude, you're takling crazy! You never saw CREED, you've seen AB two times, in London! And I have seen them once in London and once in Paris.

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 12-04-2005, 07:42 PM   #27
Chris98GT
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RoffeDH) Ever seen an AB show Chris?
Hell yeah! I think I've seen them 7 times now, met all of them once. At one show, I got Flip to throw me a stick up in the balcony.

Last edited by Chris98GT : 12-04-2005 at 07:44 PM.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:18 AM   #28
RoffeDH
USER INFO »
sorry, yeah... I ment Creed

7 times! That's awsome dude! But hey, I've met them twice
Old 12-05-2005, 11:32 AM   #29
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chris98GT) Hell yeah! I think I've seen them 7 times now, met all of them once. At one show, I got Flip to throw me a stick up in the balcony.
Yeah, I've got a guitar pick from Myles and one from Mark, and a drumstick from Flip! I'm going for a pick from Brian next time I see them! I was so freaking close to catch one, dammit!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 12-05-2005, 03:09 PM   #30
sina2b
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Yeah, I've got a guitar pick from Myles and one from Mark, and a drumstick from Flip! I'm going for a pick from Brian next time I see them! I was so freaking close to catch one, dammit!

thats awesome man, i have a signed guitar from joe satriani and also james hetfield signed my brothers bike one day that i was riding it in San francisco.