++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-24-2003, 10:47 PM   #166
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Diane Sawyer interviewing Dixie Chicks: We're just human beings, don't put us up on pedestals. We make mistakes too.
Old 04-26-2003, 09:30 AM   #167
creedfan47a
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by JulieLovesCreed
You shut up and eat the dang pizza

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You go girl!!

Hey, whoever doesn't like that baseball analogy, how about this?? For the past 3 or 4 years, I have gone to a day/night cricket match at Adelaide Oval. Australia playing whoever it happened to be that year, India, Pakistan, etc. One of the thrills of such a day/night match is that as the sun goes down after the dinner break, the big oval lights come on, and they continue playing under the lights. It's a spectacular thing to witness.

Now, each time I have gone to such a match, I hoped for a good long game, but I always wanted Australia to win after a nail-biting finish. Now, for at least two of these matches, Australia has played so magnificently, that they won and the match was over hours and hours before it was scheduled to finish. Thus, the lights were never used. The thrill of a heart-stopping cricket match under lights was taken from us. We went home with a whole evening ahead of us, and nothing to do.

On another occasion, Australia actually lost to the other team. Can you believe that???? I went to see them win and THEY LOST!!!

Should I sue the Australian cricket team because they won so quickly and deprived us loyal fans of a thrilling game under lights? Or because the game was actually a bit boring because the other team never stood a chance of winning? And should I sue them for losing that one game, and sending us all home depressed and downhearted?
Old 04-26-2003, 05:22 PM   #168
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by creedfan47a

Should I sue the Australian cricket team because they won so quickly and deprived us loyal fans of a thrilling game under lights?   Or because the game was actually a bit boring because the other team never stood a chance of winning?  And should I sue them for losing that one game, and sending us all home depressed and downhearted?
Holy cow! You mean your team deprived you of the right to witness the nighttime spectacular that you had expected to see by winning early? How dare they not live up to your expectations. By all means, SUE SUE SUE!!! I cannot imagine going to see that game expecting to see the phenomenal light show you had come to expect, and for that stinking team to win BEFORE you had the opportunity to see what you expected to see, it's just wrong!! Do you think $2 million is enough or should you seek more? Oh, and don't forget to sue for the incidentals, like the cost of the beer/wine/soda you WOULD'VE purchased had the team played longer, and the months of therapy this put you in. Really get your money's worth.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 04-26-2003, 08:07 PM   #169
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
lol!

we had, so far: basketball, football, soccer, cricket and wrestling examples saying exactly the same thing!!! thatīs a creative board!!!

just kidding! trying to light up the tension here!
Old 04-26-2003, 09:47 PM   #170
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Don't forget murder! And plumbing!!

Old 04-26-2003, 10:20 PM   #171
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Right!!!

But I was referring to the sports analogies!
Old 04-26-2003, 10:37 PM   #172
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
:embarass: Oops. sorry!

Old 04-26-2003, 11:01 PM   #173
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
lol! donīt bother!!!

we can call the stupid analogies too: murderer, plumber, prostitute...what else? I forgot now...
Old 04-26-2003, 11:07 PM   #174
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Oh I forgot about the hooker analogy!! This has been good for a laugh!!:lol:

Old 04-26-2003, 11:20 PM   #175
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
yeah it was! :lol:
Old 04-27-2003, 08:15 AM   #176
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
That hooker analogy, that was my sarcasm thrown in there. But it does appear we have gotten rid of some of our lesser fans here.
Old 04-27-2003, 03:26 PM   #177
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Joy I LOVED the hooker analogy. And you're right, it does seem as if the bb is calming down a bit. I am SOOOO thankful for that. Nothing like logging on to your home away from home and feeling like it's been invaded by strangers with anger issues.

Old 04-27-2003, 08:01 PM   #178
creedfan47a
USER INFO »
Maybe all the sports analogies is overdoing it.

But this is basically what I'm thinking:

Those Chicago fans bought a ticket for the Creed concert. They were really only guaranteed a Creed concert, and that's it. There was no guarante that they would hear their favourite songs, that the guys would be playing at their normal high standard, that the sound systems would be working perfectly, that they would even enjoy the show, etc. Keeping in mind, some of those "fans" are enormously disappointed and angry about it, while others were disappointed but are over it.

Same thing goes for my cricket match ( ). I bought the ticket, and expected a cricket match, which I got. There was no guarantee that my team would win, that the match would be exciting, that my favourite player would be playing (and if so, that he would be playing up to his normal high standard), etc.

The Chicago fans paid for a Creed concert, and a Creed concert is what they got.
Old 04-27-2003, 08:43 PM   #179
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
ahh... I got tired of this subject...

Iīm glad that finally things have settled down...
Old 04-27-2003, 08:49 PM   #180
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Me too, Marcos.

Relearn Love