++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 03-11-2005, 04:24 PM   #91
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) I will give the man a break as well, because he has been through alot.

The next time I sell 30 million records in eight years and get as rich as possible, then create a ton of my OWN PROBLEMS, I'll come to you for sympathy. He's been THROUGH A LOT? Give me a break.

Anyway, useless thread/10

Not quite sure why I continue posting...
Old 03-11-2005, 04:59 PM   #92
titan9
USER INFO »
Well, he HAS been through quite a bit over the last 4 years. A few years ago he divorced his wife, who turned out be pretty messed up.(at least based on the stories) That left him as a single parent of his son, which is a tough thing for anyone who is faced with that situation, regardless of who they are. Then the accident(and Predisone, or whatever it's called) and fights. And finally, the break up of Creed. And that's just the stuff we know for sure. Ctfan is right in saying the guy has been through alot over the last few years. Money isn't everything, and it certainly doesn't buy happiness. You can earn alot of money, and still have alot of demons/problems.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 03-11-2005, 09:08 PM   #93
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
But the fact remains, he went out and publicly announced his plan. If he could just learn to keep his mouth shut, maybe we wouldn't even be having this discussion. He bragged about his new stuff. Got peoples' hopes up. Everyone was waiting to see what he was going to put out there. And then? Nothing. No one is saying he hasn't been through a lot. But he did bring a lot of the drama on himself. He needs to learn to either shit or get off the pot, or at the very least, keep his mouth shut. Had he NOT gone out and publicly announced his big plan for the next big thing in the music biz, we wouldn't be expecting anything at all. But he did. And we are.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 03-11-2005, 09:26 PM   #94
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Well, he HAS been through quite a bit over the last 4 years. A few years ago he divorced his wife, who turned out be pretty messed up.(at least based on the stories) That left him as a single parent of his son, which is a tough thing for anyone who is faced with that situation, regardless of who they are. Then the accident(and Predisone, or whatever it's called) and fights. And finally, the break up of Creed. And that's just the stuff we know for sure. Ctfan is right in saying the guy has been through alot over the last few years. Money isn't everything, and it certainly doesn't buy happiness. You can earn alot of money, and still have alot of demons/problems.

Yes he has been through a lot, but I think the point that uncertaindrummer was making is that Stapp has caused the problems himself. It's not like one day he woke up and was diagnosed with cancer - something you really cannot prevent (in general). He's the one who went to the bar and got in the fight. He's the one who used the drugs. While it'd find to give someone a break due to things occuring in their life, there comes a point when you can't keep taking steps back and giving them the benefit of doubt.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 03-11-2005, 09:29 PM   #95
titan9
USER INFO »
I agree, Teri. He should not have gotten our hopes up that he'd have an album out quickly. I wasn't using the "he's been through alot" thing as an excuse for the delays. Uncertain basically said that he hasn't been through alot and doesn't deserve sympathy, and I was just replying to that message.

Over a year ago, I remember reading an article on Billboard with Scott talking about his solo album. Here is an exact quote from him:

Quote: (Originally Posted by Scott Stapp/Billboard) Stapp is working with producer 7 Aurelius, best known for his work with such hip-hop heavyweights as Nelly and Ja Rule). "It's Creed meets Zeppelin meets Doors with 7's [influence]," Stapp reveals. "So it's going to have some thump in the back and rock over the top of it -- but I'm not going to rap," he adds with a laugh. "I'm going to sing."

Also, in that same interview, it says the solo album is going to be released by the end of that year.(2004) That got our hopes up. Here's another quote from Scott:

Quote: (Originally Posted by Stapp) In addition to working on the album, Stapp says he is pursuing an acting career: "I'm reading through scripts right now. I want something people wouldn't expect from me. I don't want to be stereotyped as a musician."

So is he still looking through those scripts? Is that why he's taken so long with this album? I'm sorry, but I just had to say that. I can understand why he'd want to pursue an acting career, but shouldn't his solo album be his number 1 professional focus? Release the solo album, then go after the acting career. At least that's what I, as a fan, think.

Last edited by titan9 : 03-11-2005 at 09:33 PM.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:32 PM   #96
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) Yes he has been through a lot, but I think the point that uncertaindrummer was making is that Stapp has caused the problems himself. It's not like one day he woke up and was diagnosed with cancer - something you really cannot prevent (in general). He's the one who went to the bar and got in the fight. He's the one who used the drugs. While it'd find to give someone a break due to things occuring in their life, there comes a point when you can't keep taking steps back and giving them the benefit of doubt.

Yeah, I know. As I said in my above post, I wasn't trying to defend him with the "he's been through alot" argument. I just replied to Uncertain.

As for the drugs(I'm assuming you mean the pain killer for the accident), if it's true what he says, he was told to use those to keep going and keep touring. Of course, he DID have the right to refuse those, but didn't.

Old 03-11-2005, 10:28 PM   #97
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Yeah, I know. As I said in my above post, I wasn't trying to defend him with the "he's been through alot" argument. I just replied to Uncertain.

As for the drugs(I'm assuming you mean the pain killer for the accident), if it's true what he says, he was told to use those to keep going and keep touring. Of course, he DID have the right to refuse those, but didn't.

Well, I am not trying to say the guy had a perfect life or that money=everything. What I AM saying is that most of the problems he caused were just that: problems HE caused. As a person, as a human being, I wish he hadn't gotten on drugs or anything like that. But it was HIS FAULT. So you can't really use the "he's been through a lot" line; he brought it on himself, he has to deal with it, its not an excuse for failing to deliver music.

Brian Marshall ALSO went through a lot of those same problems and look what he's doing, eh?
Old 03-11-2005, 10:56 PM   #98
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer)
Brian Marshall ALSO went through a lot of those same problems and look what he's doing, eh?

More than Stapp at this point, eh?

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 03-11-2005, 11:43 PM   #99
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Crimeney's sakes...this thread was started to let people know that he is making strides in the project, to let people know what's going on...and look where it's ended up...man...

it's never going to matter what stapp does, or doesn't do to some of y'all...there will always be those that either feel he isn't doing enough, or he has done too little...etc...and that is your choice.

Quote: ...he brought it on himself, he has to deal with it, its not an excuse for failing to deliver music.

Ya know, i find this "logic" very entertaining...drummer, for the simple reason...all the comments, suppositions and speculations on WHY the delay's have happened in stapp's project are coming for "fans"....STAPP HAS NOT SAID ANY OF THIS or anything even close to warrent such comments...

HE has NOT offered this or any other excuse...as to why it's taking as long as it has...so how do any of you KNOW FOR A FACT...that there couldn't be legitimate and acceptable reasons (not excuses, as some here would call them) for the delay, that are just not being disclosed?...thing is...YOU DON'T...but the negative "thinking" continues, doesn't it?

But, remember, this is a public bb...a lot more people read than post, including the media...and the way some of you word things, instead of expressing a personal opinion, you make it sound like y'all are some kind of experts on the subject when you are not...and that is most definitely misleading.

In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came
That voice which calls to me and speaks my name
And do I dream again, for now I find
The phantom of the opera is there...inside my mind

Christine/ Phantom Of The Opera

Abondon thought and let the dream decend....
Point of No Return/Phantom Of The Opera

You will forever remain the music
And I…the song you sing
Old 03-12-2005, 12:30 AM   #100
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Quote: But, remember, this is a public bb...a lot more people read than post, including the media...and the way some of you word things, instead of expressing a personal opinion, you make it sound like y'all are some kind of experts on the subject when you are not...and that is most definitely misleading.

No offense, but you sometimes make it sound like you're an "expert" with regards to Stapp in your posts. But that is just my perception.

Old 03-12-2005, 01:56 AM   #101
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
does anyone else want a ham sandwich, while i'm still in the kitchen?
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 03-12-2005, 02:06 AM   #102
James_T
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to James_T Send a message via Yahoo to James_T
Quote: (Originally Posted by DangerousDan85) does anyone else want a ham sandwich, while i'm still in the kitchen?

Hey man, I'll take one if you're still in there. No mayo tho, thanx.
Old 03-12-2005, 02:42 AM   #103
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
k one ham sandwich, no mayo, coming up

anyone else?
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 03-12-2005, 10:34 AM   #104
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
How about a grilled cheese sandwich?

Old 03-12-2005, 11:09 AM   #105
titan9
USER INFO »
Is it possible to get a Tuna fish sandwich?