++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 05-06-2010, 11:41 PM   #16
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Creed to Record New Single?!

Tell that to Mark & Scott's faces then lol I believe they put their all into it with the time they had.

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:44 PM   #17
Agent D
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dark_Knight) Tell that to Mark & Scott's faces then lol I believe they put their all into it with the time they had.

Haha I'd also show Mark my copy of Guitar World where he and the guys say verbatim that they'd never ever reunite Creed, at any price. But that's another issue I guess...

"With the time they had..." What the hell was the rush?
Old 05-07-2010, 12:27 AM   #18
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) Haha I'd also show Mark my copy of Guitar World where he and the guys say verbatim that they'd never ever reunite Creed, at any price. But that's another issue I guess...

"With the time they had..." What the hell was the rush?
Dude they have ANOTHER BAND & ANOTHER LABEL to tend to. It's not like they had 3 years to put an album together... and also an album doesn't take that long to make, that's the misconception that many people have.

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:47 AM   #19
Agent D
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dark_Knight) Dude they have ANOTHER BAND & ANOTHER LABEL to tend to. It's not like they had 3 years to put an album together... and also an album doesn't take that long to make, that's the misconception that many people have.

Then don't frickin' reunite your old band!!! No one wanted it and no one asked for it, as evidenced by the lack of a response. But all that's fine, as it's a good album and what's done is done. That's not even my main problem with them. But the album you so vehemently keep saying they "put their hearts and souls into", they can't even be bothered to properly support by actually performing songs from that album. Most of the blame I guess goes to Wind-Up for that, as it's nothing new. It goes back years and years with them. But I'm tired of just absolving the band of responsibility of it. One of the caveats to reuniting should've been them making some demands for some real support from Wind-Up instead of the usual nonsense.

Last edited by Agent D : 05-07-2010 at 12:49 AM.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:29 AM   #20
Creed009
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) Then don't frickin' reunite your old band!!! No one wanted it and no one asked for it, as evidenced by the lack of a response. But all that's fine, as it's a good album and what's done is done. That's not even my main problem with them. But the album you so vehemently keep saying they "put their hearts and souls into", they can't even be bothered to properly support by actually performing songs from that album. Most of the blame I guess goes to Wind-Up for that, as it's nothing new. It goes back years and years with them. But I'm tired of just absolving the band of responsibility of it. One of the caveats to reuniting should've been them making some demands for some real support from Wind-Up instead of the usual nonsense.

Wow. And you're supposedly a Creed fan? With fans like that, who needs critics? I think I'll go back over to ABB net where the people are actually more supportive of Creed. Lol.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:52 AM   #21
Tremontiriffs77
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed009) Wow. And you're supposedly a Creed fan? With fans like that, who needs critics? I think I'll go back over to ABB net where the people are actually more supportive of Creed. Lol.

Noone doubts Creeds ability to be a successful band again but their management hacked this thing up from the start..6 months to write, record, mix, and rehearse for a tour dont allow all too much time for creativity which was evident in the songs on the album...I can think of four or five off the top of my head that just sound incomplete and thrown together..A few songs withstanding the album really lacked the punch that earlier Creed albums had..The mood on this album was really dull..Overcome had a great run on radio and was probably the closest to the Creed we remember..My problem with this band is simple..They need to man up...Drop their management, producer and possibly label and start over..As a rock fan I can tell when a band goes all out on an album..Full Circle did not have that feel to me..It felt rushed and forced and led to the production of less than stellar material..Some of the lyrics in the songs sound repetive of what was in other songs on the album..Scotts lyrics usually solid really didnt live up to what hes done in the past on this CD..Your a f'n rock and roll band man..get your edge back..stop writing poppy music trying to please the top forty crowd and just be your freakin selves..Play your new songs..I really feel the guys wish they could go back and redo the whole album..If theyre not willing to play new material on tv then they obviously regret forcing things..They already want to record a new song..I say..Move on..take time on Creed V and make it a "Creed" album and nothing else..Because as a fan of my favorite band I want nothing else...
Old 05-07-2010, 09:18 AM   #22
Creed009
USER INFO »

I just disagree. I think that Full Circle is their best album other than Human Clay. I can actually listen to the CD from beginning to end without skipping any songs. I can't say the same about My Own Prison and Weathered. They aren't going to have as many big hits off of this album, but overall I think the album is more solid than MOP or Weathered.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:05 AM   #23
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed009) I just disagree. I think that Full Circle is their best album other than Human Clay. I can actually listen to the CD from beginning to end without skipping any songs. I can't say the same about My Own Prison and Weathered. They aren't going to have as many big hits off of this album, but overall I think the album is more solid than MOP or Weathered.
i wont bother hearing or playing anything i have to skip thats why i find it hard getting into new bands and so forth all though i found a few i liked everybody is gotta fave and with creed if you are not a fan of the older stuff you,ll learn to like it better in time, as all good stuff does LETS PRESS ON great summer tour to look foward to, And a new single as well
Old 05-07-2010, 10:31 AM   #24
Odetolife
USER INFO »

If they do record a new song I'm sure it'll be awesome. Everybody has their own opinions about full circle. But can't we just be happy they're back? I mean Cmon guys? God bless creed. Can't wait to hear the new single!
Old 05-07-2010, 11:10 AM   #25
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Odetolife) If they do record a new song I'm sure it'll be awesome. Everybody has their own opinions about full circle. But can't we just be happy they're back? I mean Cmon guys? God bless creed. Can't wait to hear the new single!
well one things for sure when creed, puts out something your going to expect creed and nothing more GOD BLESS You Too ... while we are at God Bless Us all
Old 05-07-2010, 12:08 PM   #26
Agent D
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed009) Wow. And you're supposedly a Creed fan? With fans like that, who needs critics? I think I'll go back over to ABB net where the people are actually more supportive of Creed. Lol.

I am a fan of their music, not of how they market themselves or do things. It's always been kind of amateurish. And I blame their manager and Wind-Up for that. Why Creed continues to listen to these people is beyond me.

Last edited by Agent D : 05-07-2010 at 12:10 PM.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:59 PM   #27
Buried And Gone
USER INFO »

@tremontiriffs - I doubt Creed's ability to become a major success again. Creed's genre is over. and if i'm not mistaken the only band to ever reunite and come into a great amount of success with their albums released after the reunion is Aerosmith.

I think both Agent D and Jared make valid points. Creed IS mismanaged. Tremonti IS in it for the benjamins. If somebody can't see that then you're blinded by pure fanboyism. The reunion tour and Full circle never should have happened until this year. Given the fact that last year they had a singer that couldn't sing and an album made up of songs that weren't written for it.

But, Stapp certainly did give it his all, and I really don't understand the bitching about them playing 5 full circle songs. name me another band with 4 albums that plays 5 new songs of the new album aside from metallica? 5 songs from full circle is about 20-25 minutes of music, not to mention the talking in between songs. so about half an hour of an hour and a half long set is from the new album. Whats so bad about that? and people saying they shouldn't play higher or WAWO. Picture a van halen concert where they don't play jump. an iron maiden concert where they don't play Run to the hills. a metallica concert where they don't play enter sandman.

But i wll say that this blind following of Tremonti is absolutely crazy. The man is an AMAZING guitar player and a pretty cool dude but he clearly doesn't give a rats ass about Creed or maintaining the legacy of one of the best selling bands of this century. He was in the metallica, the led zepplin of the 2000's and doesn't give a shit about furthering that band. All he cares about is Alter Bridge a band that plays too about 800 -1000 people a night. I would say that to his face btw. I actually sent a question or two about this too him with his fret 12 interview and he didn't answer them.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:49 PM   #28
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

Well I never said Creed was well managed lol it's evident their label has no idea what they're doing but I don't believe they threw this album together to just earn some bucks & again I dare ANYONE to say that to their faces. I'm sure the money is good but believe me the guys care about what they're doing, if you've met them you know what I mean...they're not that type of Rockstars.

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:49 PM   #29
Creed009
USER INFO »

According to Forbes magazine Tremonti's net worth is in the tens of millions. He doesn't need any more money. That isn't why Creed reunited. He even said in an interview once that he bought a whole bunch of "pinball machines" with the money he has. That doesn't exactly sound like a guy who wants to live large. Tremonti has said numerous times that he doesn't care about the money, so you're calling Tremonti a bold faced liar. The guy has more integrity than that.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:17 PM   #30
nagpo
USER INFO »

I wish Creed interacted more with their fans. It'd be great to see one of the members of the band on ABB or creedfeed arguing with us.