++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 08-03-2004, 03:22 PM   #1
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
AB is totally different from Creed

Just check their album on Vh1... totally unCreedish. They don't need Stapp...
Old 08-03-2004, 05:32 PM   #2
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
I have checked out the clips they have posted. I wish them luck....but they are quite a bit heavier than my taste in music. I only go so heavy and then its a turn off for me.
Old 08-03-2004, 07:51 PM   #3
revisfoot
USER INFO »
Bridge of Clay -- you're right!! This is awesome. I don't think they'll have any trouble getting out from under the "creed'' shadow. This is really phenomenal stuff!
Old 08-03-2004, 08:11 PM   #4
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
i agree it doesn't sound like creed to me at all apart from a couple of songs. only weakish song is "watch your words" although that could change and simply an awesome album. "in loving memory of" could make a grown man cry! lol
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 08-03-2004, 08:11 PM   #5
musiclover291
USER INFO »
I listen and overall I liked what I heard but Myles voice just doesn't move me. However, the music is awesome Mark, Flip and Brian are at the top of their game. In Loving Memory just didn't move me the way I felt it should have. I wish them luck.

Just my opinion
Old 08-03-2004, 08:15 PM   #6
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by musiclover291) I listen and overall I liked what I heard but Myles voice just doesn't move me. However, the music is awesome Mark, Flip and Brian are at the top of their game. In Loving Memory just didn't move me the way I felt it should have. I wish them luck.

Just my opinion

myles' voice is very touching in the slower songs and overall his voice is very versatile. he has a lot of talent and all 4 members deliever so well. does anyone else think myles is more likely to write a lot more lyrics on the next album?
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 08-03-2004, 09:12 PM   #7
Shadow
USER INFO »
Marcos, you are one of the reasons I checked their music out on VH1.

Don't be mad, but I'm going to give you my honest opinion. (If you haven't already read it at PBF)

I think the In Loving Memory lyrics are beautiful. However, Myles voice ruined the song. He honestly hurt my ears.

I listened to Metalingus and actually thought it was a good song. But again, Myles voice ruined it for me.

Can someone please tell Myles to stop ooooooohhhhhhing. He does it in 3 of the 4 songs I've listened to.

You're right Marcos they do not sound like Creed. The problem with AB isn't the music. It's the singer. I'm sorry, but I don't care for Myles voice at all, even less after hearing him sing In Loving Memory.
Old 08-03-2004, 09:39 PM   #8
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »
I think Myles sings too much over the guitars especially during bridges or solos. His voice doesn't always compliment the music.
Old 08-03-2004, 09:58 PM   #9
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) Marcos, you are one of the reasons I checked their music out on VH1.

Don't be mad, but I'm going to give you my honest opinion. (If you haven't already read it at PBF)

I think the In Loving Memory lyrics are beautiful. However, Myles voice ruined the song. He honestly hurt my ears.

I listened to Metalingus and actually thought it was a good song. But again, Myles voice ruined it for me.

Can someone please tell Myles to stop ooooooohhhhhhing. He does it in 3 of the 4 songs I've listened to.

You're right Marcos they do not sound like Creed. The problem with AB isn't the music. It's the singer. I'm sorry, but I don't care for Myles voice at all, even less after hearing him sing In Loving Memory.
I kind of agree with you I listen to it for a third time the music is awesome but his voice it just doesn't move me especially In Loving Memory its like his voice doesn't fit the music but I will keep listening because the music rocks!!!!!!!!
Old 08-03-2004, 10:30 PM   #10
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by musiclover291) In Loving Memory its like his voice doesn't fit the music
Exactly my point.

I'm kind of feel bad for feeling this way about Myles' voice. I want to like AB because of where they are coming from. I liked the music, just not the voice.
Old 08-03-2004, 10:41 PM   #11
jurquiza
USER INFO »
I know I'm not the only one that feels this way............

Scott's voice was so perfect for the music..............I miss it so much.......
Old 08-03-2004, 10:47 PM   #12
I'mRational
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) Just check their album on Vh1... totally unCreedish. They don't need Stapp...
The album is amazing.......probably will appeal more to musicians than regular folk........I'm going to post my review later.
Old 08-03-2004, 10:51 PM   #13
Kimvan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) Exactly my point.

I'm kind of feel bad for feeling this way about Myles' voice. I want to like AB because of where they are coming from. I liked the music, just not the voice.
Exactly, Shadow. I want to like AB, and I do like the music - Mark, Flip and Brian have all grown as musicians, that much is obvious. But Myles' voice grates on my nerves like fingernails on a chalkboard...I can't even describe it, can't pinpoint exactly - whiney?? Cracking?? Those are two things that come to mind. He's probably a wonderful person, but I personally don't care for his sound, just my opinion.

Just give love to all....

Peace, and God Bless
Old 08-03-2004, 10:52 PM   #14
farmgirl
USER INFO »
Currently:
Quote: (Originally Posted by jurquiza) I know I'm not the only one that feels this way............

Scott's voice was so perfect for the music..............I miss it so much.......

Hey jurquiza! Just wanted to let you know your cd rocks! Hope you're doing good.
Old 08-03-2004, 10:55 PM   #15
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) does anyone else think myles is more likely to write a lot more lyrics on the next album?
Yes. I think the next album may sound totally different from this one, which would be intriguing as hell.