++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-30-2009, 12:34 AM   #1
nickmiller71
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Mark Tremonti Ultimate Guitar interview

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/inter...est_i_can.html

He makes some interesting remarks that to me make it seem like he enjoys being with AB much more than Creed...
Old 11-30-2009, 09:21 AM   #2
King Oropher
USER INFO »
Re: Mark Tremonti Ultimate Guitar interview

Not suprised about that. Great interview, bout time someone asked him decent questions instead of the BS they normally ask!
Old 11-30-2009, 12:16 PM   #3
Agent D
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nickmiller71) http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/inter...est_i_can.html

He makes some interesting remarks that to me make it seem like he enjoys being with AB much more than Creed...

Some of that is probably due to the fact that the interviewer didn't seem interested in Creed. Not a surprise. That site has always hated Creed.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:57 PM   #4
revisfoot
USER INFO »

I'm a fan of that site, and I thought it was a great interview.

That said, I can't wait for this onslaught of music from the guys. The live Creed DVD, the Myles solo record and then Alter Bridge III.

Also, I hope they title the record Alter Bridge III.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:53 PM   #5
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by revisfoot) I'm a fan of that site, and I thought it was a great interview.

That said, I can't wait for this onslaught of music from the guys. The live Creed DVD, the Myles solo record and then Alter Bridge III.

Also, I hope they title the record Alter Bridge III.
Yeah Im really looking foward to myles solo record Thanks For Posting The Interview Nick Miller
Old 11-30-2009, 05:22 PM   #6
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by revisfoot) Also, I hope they title the record Alter Bridge III.
Same here. Tip that title off with some epic album artwork and you've got yourself a kick butt looking record.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:50 PM   #7
revisfoot
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) Same here. Tip that title off with some epic album artwork and you've got yourself a kick butt looking record.

I can see it now. "Alter Bridge" in that awesome script they use with big blocky roman numerals underneath it "III".
Old 11-30-2009, 06:09 PM   #8
Buried And Gone
USER INFO »

Well, I think they should either come up with an awesome album title or just call the album "III" not "Alter Brdige III
Old 12-01-2009, 01:42 PM   #9
FreedomFighter
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nickmiller71) http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/inter...est_i_can.html

Yea, not surprising. As long as AB has been around it seems all of the big guitar mags have been been all over Tremonti, moreso than in Creed's hayday, since AB is more of a "guitar band." Makes sense then that the interviewer would spend more time talking about AB
Old 12-03-2009, 11:58 AM   #10
Tremontiriffs77
USER INFO »

-Think the album name sucks..So unoriginal..Hasnt this already been done with Van Halen III-

-I highly doubt he enjoys one over the other

-I really dont have high hopes for "III" To me the guys are just wasting material they could use to put Creed back on the map

-In my opinion-What is the point of AB now?? Tremonti has creative control again..I love AB but I am realistic..They will always be Creeds red headed stepchild-
Old 12-03-2009, 12:35 PM   #11
Icedmofo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremontiriffs77) -Think the album name sucks..So unoriginal..Hasnt this already been done with Van Halen III-

-I highly doubt he enjoys one over the other

-I really dont have high hopes for "III" To me the guys are just wasting material they could use to put Creed back on the map

-In my opinion-What is the point of AB now?? Tremonti has creative control again..I love AB but I am realistic..They will always be Creeds red headed stepchild-

-"Alter Bridge III" is just the placeholder name for their third album because they haven't named it yet, that is not the actual name of the album. If, for the sake of argument, it was the title, how does that automatically mean it won't be good? Is Alter Bridge Van Halen? Thought they were their own band, and that would ultimately mean they could call them album "Black Fuzzy Cheese" and it could be the best thing you'd ever heard.

-Honestly i have to disagree, i have high hopes for ABIII because Tremonti writes better now with kennedy than with stapp. I will love creed to my dying breath, but stapp isn't what he once was as a vocalist or a writer, if tremonti hadn't been co writing with stapp and been on guitar, full circle would have been shit. As it stands, some of the lyrics are questionable.

-AB let's tremonti play what he actually enjoys playing, creed is the commercial side. The only reason this happened is because Alter Bridge isn't as commercially viable as creed so they went into debt with the tour.

It's a catch 22, i'm sure mark is enjoying creed now, but it's still not alter bridge, which is almost entirely his brain child and in my opinion musically superior.

At the end of the day, enjoy what you enjoy, but to me creed is the passing phase and alter bridge will be where it ends up.

If stapp's voice continues in the arc it's going on now, i'm really not sure how long creed is going to last. At some point stapp will lose it entirely and it won't matter whether they've all made up or not, it's really unfortunate.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:42 PM   #12
XALTERBRIDGEX
USER INFO »

Tremontiriffs77 you actually thought the title of the album was ABIII? You heard in the interview where he says in Creed he has to bring ideas to the table where as Alter Bridge he has Myles to bounce ideas off of. Mark said with this new album he wants to push the boundries so I think the new record will be somthing we are not expecting from Alter Bridge. I wouldnt be suprised if thier is alot more metal like riffs on this new record.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:47 PM   #13
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Icedmofo) -
-Honestly i have to disagree, i have high hopes for ABIII because Tremonti writes better now with kennedy than with stapp. I will love creed to my dying breath, but stapp isn't what he once was as a vocalist or a writer, if tremonti hadn't been co writing with stapp and been on guitar, full circle would have been shit. As it stands, some of the lyrics are questionable.

At the end of the day, enjoy what you enjoy, but to me creed is the passing phase and alter bridge will be where it ends up.

If stapp's voice continues in the arc it's going on now, i'm really not sure how long creed is going to last. At some point stapp will lose it entirely and it won't matter whether they've all made up or not, it's really unfortunate.
-It's funny that you bash stapps lyrics "saying without tremonti" they would have been "shit". And you also claim them as questionable. You know that Stapp writes the majority of Creed lyrics and always has, right? The only song Tremonti wrote completely by himself in terms of lyrics as far as we know was Torn. Tremonti may have had input in songs lyrics but it was always stapp that made them flow. Or atleast it was a joint effort. WAWO was All stapp, even mark admitted to this and that song won a grammy. Do you even listen to Alter Bridges lyrics? They are bad for the most part. Those songs get by on the music instead of the lyrics, which Myles is hardly involved with. "if tremonti hadn't been co writing with stapp and been on guitar, full circle would have been shit." There wouldnt have even been a Full Circle without tremonti being involved. What a stupid thing to say.

-Creed is definitely not a passing phase. The guys still enjoy playing and writing music with each other. They still have fans. If it were a passing phase then they would not have reunited in the first place.

-On stapps new Vlog he sounds pretty good. His voice isint what it used to be, i'll admit that. But I'll wait for the fifth album and world tour to decide if he really has lost it. He said he is going to start taking better care of his voice, he's stopped smoking.

And to Tremontiriffs77, If Alter Bridge never happened, Tremonti and the rest of the band would not have been able to experiment and bring the more original sound to Full Circle. Tremonti writes in terms of what sounds like Creed and what doesnt, like he stated. He mixed a bit of both in Full Circle.

Musically, I think a lot of the guitar work was tremonti. Stapp can play the guitar but he can't do what Tremonti can do. the only exception possibly being Rain which they stated was a song they have been trying to write since the early nineties. And maybe some of the more personal songs he could have possibly been holding for his solo album.

In the end, both parties grew in their time apart. Alter Bridge is good for Tremonti to do things he can't do with creed(like more metal stuff). And With Creed he gets to play in front of thousands of Alter Bridge fans and Creed fans. Then again, that would be implying that AB fans didint have their heads up there asses about creed in the first place. Tremonti has even stated that Creed is a 'legacy' and think Full Circle added to it in a positive way.

I look forward to Alter Bridge III, another Stapp solo and Creed V. I've been supporting all of them since they started and hope they continue.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:15 AM   #14
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »

I have the solution!

Scott Stapp should write lyrics for Alter Bridge.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:22 AM   #15
nagpo
USER INFO »

wouldn't hurt