++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Political Banter
Today's Posts «

Old 10-22-2008, 11:29 PM   #76
nagpo
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: A political random thought

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) Charisma, style and 143 working days as a senator isn't good enough for my country.
Unlike liberals, I appreciate and respect the opinions of my nations service men and women.
that's great...but there poll numbers werent really surprising. it's not going to pursuade anyone to vote for mccain. it's the military, what'd you expect. theres a reason they signed up for it, they believe in it. however, most americans view the iraq "war" as a lost cause, for now. it's up to iraq and its people to become a democratic country, if they need some help on the way to doing that, i wouldnt mind aiding them a bit. but having a large part of our army there isint going to do much else, unless mccain intends on taking on all the terrorist countries. we've opened the door for iraq to become a democratic country, the rest is up to them. it's there country, they need to govern it, we can't babysit them forever. they need to stand on there own two feet. so we can both move ahead.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:08 AM   #77
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

[quote=nagpo]that's great...but there poll numbers werent really surprising. it's not going to pursuade anyone to vote for mccain. it's the military, what'd you expect. theres a reason they signed up for it, they believe in it. however, most americans view the iraq "war" as a lost cause, for now. it's up to iraq and its people to become a democratic country, if they need some help on the way to doing that, i wouldnt mind aiding them a bit. but having a large part of our army there isint going to do much else, unless mccain intends on taking on all the terrorist countries. we've opened the door for iraq to become a democratic country, the rest is up to them. it's there country, they need to govern it, we can't babysit them forever. they need to stand on there own two feet. so we can both move ahead.[/QUOTE

I got your point the first time. Don't try to sugar coat it. The votes of American service men and women don't matter to you.

-Homer Simpson

Last edited by eusebioCBR : 10-23-2008 at 01:40 AM.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:36 AM   #78
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RalphyS) Every president of the last remaining world power will be tested all of the time, I don't think Biden is saying something new or strange here. A new president whether it be Obama or McSame will have to show he can handle the job. I do not think McCain has more experience in this area than Obama, sure he has been a fighterpilot and he has been among the Washington-incrowd for many more years, but neither of them have ever been the most powerful man in the world. I believe Obama has the charisma, the judgment and the calm to do a good job, and McCain is not the McCain of 2000 anymore, when I would have trusted him with the job.

And that members of the US army prefer McCain is not a strange thing, the military has always been overwhelmingly Republican, therefore it's even more remarkable than a man like Colin Powell supports Obama. On the other hand Americans living abroad tend to overwhelmingly favor democrats and even more so now, I think, and I believe it is because they see what damage Republican-led governments do for the stature of the USA outside of the US.

That's nice, but my point is NBC refused to air Bidens entire audio clip for two days.

-Homer Simpson

Old 10-23-2008, 06:12 AM   #79
RalphyS
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) By Orson Scott Card October 5, 2008

Would the Last Honest Reporter Please Turn On the Lights?

An open letter to the local daily paper -- almost every local daily paper in America

Orson Scott Card, who is this dingbat?

Dubya never lied about the invasion of Iraq? Yeah, right!
No need to read any further. There is no honesty in this letter!

Ralphy's Cool Music Site www.aowekino.nl
Old 10-23-2008, 06:15 AM   #80
RalphyS
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) That's nice, but my point is NBC refused to air Bidens entire audio clip for two days.

Does it matter, I've heard about the 'crisis-speech' of Biden, all over the media, the McCain-campaign made sure of that. There is nothing under cover about it, and as I stated there doesn't have to be, Obama is ready for any crisis.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:19 AM   #81
RalphyS
USER INFO »

Quote: I got your point the first time. Don't try to sugar coat it. The votes of American service men and women don't matter to you.

You weren't talking to me, but let me just answer that every vote matters, but no vote is more equal than any other, to use a bit of George Orwell.

I do not give more credibility to a vote of a military man or woman than that of any other American citizen, so polls among service people are not the item, the electoral vote is the item (and I do hope it is equal to the majority vote) and this will bring about a new president.

Or are you perhaps suggesting that only the 'real' America should be allowed to vote, this seems to be one of the new arguements of the Republicans!?

Old 10-23-2008, 07:02 PM   #82
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Every American CITIZEN eighteen years old with no felony convictions has the right to one ballot and that one ballot counted eqaul to everyone elses.
The results of the military poll were dismissed by you and nagpo. I frankly don't care how you'd like to try to explain it away. People like you loathe the military and you'll take every opportunity to discount them.

-Homer Simpson

Old 10-23-2008, 08:54 PM   #83
nagpo
USER INFO »

[quote=eusebioCBR]
Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) that's great...but there poll numbers werent really surprising. it's not going to pursuade anyone to vote for mccain. it's the military, what'd you expect. theres a reason they signed up for it, they believe in it. however, most americans view the iraq "war" as a lost cause, for now. it's up to iraq and its people to become a democratic country, if they need some help on the way to doing that, i wouldnt mind aiding them a bit. but having a large part of our army there isint going to do much else, unless mccain intends on taking on all the terrorist countries. we've opened the door for iraq to become a democratic country, the rest is up to them. it's there country, they need to govern it, we can't babysit them forever. they need to stand on there own two feet. so we can both move ahead.[/QUOTE

I got your point the first time. Don't try to sugar coat it. The votes of American service men and women don't matter to you.
Why should i care about who other people are voting for? Everyone has a right to an opinion. But letting other peoples opinion influence my own is rediculous. What one should try to do is search up the canidates and vote for who you think is the best, based on your own world views and opinions.

Does there vote matter to me on a personal level? no. Why? I try not to let other people influence my vote. But im sure it matters to the canidates and they(the military citizens) want to effect the outcome of it all with their votes, like everyone else. On a personal level it doesnt matter to me, but on a level such as the american voting system, it does matter. As equally as everyones else's vote on such a scale. You don't seem to understand much about the right path one should take when going to vote. You let the media/slander influence you, till the point where you can't read between the lies and have fallen victem to the slander and media. Thus you become a hardcore conservative or a hardcore liberal. Neither side should control how you think.

To be honest with you, i don't think either of the canidates are great. I'm just voting on who i think can aid this country the best. I don't believe that's John McCain.

Last edited by nagpo : 10-23-2008 at 09:12 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:10 PM   #84
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) Every American CITIZEN eighteen years old with no felony convictions has the right to one ballot and that one ballot counted eqaul to everyone elses.
The results of the military poll were dismissed by you and nagpo. I frankly don't care how you'd like to try to explain it away. People like you loathe the military and you'll take every opportunity to discount them.
Loathe the military? I respect them for aiding our country, sure. Without the military, soldiers, etc. We wouldnt be a country for very long. Their opinon is equal to my own. since we are all citizens, our opninions do matter.

"The results of the military poll were dismissed by you and nagpo"
Not dissmissed, i just take their opinion as a grain of salt, like every other persons. It's nice to know who they like, but i will not allow it influence my own vote.

"I frankly don't care how you'd like to try to explain it away."
Thus the reason why you're so ignorant, you simply will not listen to another persons thoughts with a rational mind.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

You simply hear one side and agree with it. Atleast, that's how it seems.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:24 PM   #85
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) Loathe the military? I respect them for aiding our country, sure. Without the military, soldiers, etc. We wouldnt be a country for very long. Their opinon is equal to my own. since we are all citizens, our opninions do matter.

"The results of the military poll were dismissed by you and nagpo"
Not dissmissed, i just take their opinion as a grain of salt, like every other persons. It's nice to know who they like, but i will not allow it influence my own vote.

"I frankly don't care how you'd like to try to explain it away."
Thus the reason why you're so ignorant, you simply will not listen to another persons thoughts with a rational mind.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

You simply hear one side and agree with it. Atleast, that's how it seems.

Oh, pardon me. I didn't know you have it all figured out. You seem to think your point of view is new to me. It's the same old liberalism I decided wasn't in Americas best interest over 20 years ago. Your point of view is not new and neither is mine. You give yourself too much credit.

"It is the mark of arrogance to insult a persons intelligence because they don't agree with you." - Me

-Homer Simpson

Last edited by eusebioCBR : 10-23-2008 at 10:53 PM.
Old 10-24-2008, 06:26 AM   #86
RalphyS
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) Oh, pardon me. I didn't know you have it all figured out. You seem to think your point of view is new to me. It's the same old liberalism I decided wasn't in Americas best interest over 20 years ago. Your point of view is not new and neither is mine. You give yourself too much credit.

"It is the mark of arrogance to insult a persons intelligence because they don't agree with you." - Me

Where exactly did he insult you? Or do you consider him asking you to be a bit more open-minded an insult? It seems you do, since your opinions haven't changed in 20 years.

Let me add another quote, I don't know who originally said it, but it remains true anyway: "You're never to old to learn"!

Old 10-24-2008, 06:34 AM   #87
RalphyS
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) Every American CITIZEN eighteen years old with no felony convictions has the right to one ballot and that one ballot counted eqaul to everyone elses.

Let me see as you correctly state, the vote of every American citizen counts equal, therefore only polling including a variation of every sort of American citizen, meaning from every sort of employment, can give a good indication of where the elections are going!

Polls of only group of the workforce may be interesting, but in the end aren't significant. This is what I addressed in an earlier post.

And your conclusion therefore is that I loath the military ...

Old 10-24-2008, 06:09 PM   #88
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) Oh, pardon me. I didn't know you have it all figured out. You seem to think your point of view is new to me. It's the same old liberalism I decided wasn't in Americas best interest over 20 years ago. Your point of view is not new and neither is mine. You give yourself too much credit.

yeah, i dont care.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:00 PM   #89
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RalphyS) Let me see as you correctly state, the vote of every American citizen counts equal, therefore only polling including a variation of every sort of American citizen, meaning from every sort of employment, can give a good indication of where the elections are going!

Polls of only group of the workforce may be interesting, but in the end aren't significant. This is what I addressed in an earlier post.

And your conclusion therefore is that I loath the military ...

All I did was post a poll. You felt the need to dismiss it. I DID NOT USE THE POLL TO SUGGEST THE DIRECTION OF ANYTHING. I simply respect their opinion.

-Homer Simpson

Last edited by eusebioCBR : 10-24-2008 at 07:03 PM.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:27 PM   #90
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RalphyS) Where exactly did he insult you? Or do you consider him asking you to be a bit more open-minded an insult? It seems you do, since your opinions haven't changed in 20 years.

Let me add another quote, I don't know who originally said it, but it remains true anyway: "You're never to old to learn"!

"Thus the reason why you're so ignorant"

My belief is the foundation of my life. It's something I don't expect you to understand or respect. I do expect some more "clever" ridicule. After all, your "open minded and tolerant".

Liberalism has NOTHING new to offer.

-Homer Simpson

Last edited by eusebioCBR : 10-24-2008 at 10:47 PM.