++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Political Banter
Today's Posts «

Old 10-19-2008, 02:28 AM   #61
nagpo
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: A political random thought

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) I guess we're cool if we question and challenge everything except traditional antique major media.
Fox is the republicans favorite news channel.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:12 AM   #62
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) Fox is the republicans favorite news channel.

The other major "news" networks are grabbing their ankles for the democrats.

-Homer Simpson

Old 10-19-2008, 10:28 AM   #63
RalphyS
USER INFO »

Colin Powell endorses Obama

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2...rses-obama/?hp

Ralphy's Cool Music Site www.aowekino.nl
Old 10-19-2008, 11:44 AM   #64
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) The other major "news" networks are grabbing their ankles for the democrats.
O rly?
Old 10-19-2008, 12:47 PM   #65
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

The US Supreme Court will allow voter fraud!

The Supreme Court sided Friday with Ohio's top elections official in a dispute with the state Republican Party over voter registrations.
The justices overruled a federal appeals court that had ordered Ohio's top elections official to do more to help counties verify voter eligibility.

Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner, a Democrat, faced a deadline of Friday to set up a system to provide local officials with names of newly registered voters whose driver's license numbers or Social Security numbers on voter registration forms don't match records in other government databases.

Ohio Republicans contended the information for counties would help prevent fraud. Brunner said the GOP is trying to disenfranchise voters.

In a brief unsigned opinion, the justices said they were not commenting on whether Ohio is complying with a provision of the Help America Vote Act of 2002 that lays out requirements for verifying voter eligibility.

Instead, they said they were granting Brunner's request because it appears that the law does not allow private entities, like the Ohio GOP, to file suit to enforce the provision of the law at issue.

About 200,000 of 666,000 voters who have registered in Ohio since Jan. 1 have records that don't match. Brunner has said the discrepancies most likely stem from innocent clerical errors rather than fraud but has set up a verification plan.

McCain campaign manager Rick Davis said lower court rulings have clearly said the HAVA regulations require the secretary of state to match against the list, find where there's been fraud and inconsistencies and report them to counties.

"Why in the world would that not happen? We have the technology, the budget, the means and the manpower to make that happen. Do we really want to have to find out after the fact that we had counties that would have been decided one way or another because the secretary of state didn't bother doing the job the HAVA required?" Davis told reporters on a conference call. "I think the secretary of state ought to do her job," he added.

-Homer Simpson

Old 10-20-2008, 08:45 AM   #66
RalphyS
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) The US Supreme Court will allow voter fraud!

So you think that a Supreme Court with a majority of Republican nominees, now is siding with the democrats against the poor old repugnants and will allow voter fraud of that. Talk about paranoid.

It couldn't be that there was no voter fraud and therefore the US Supreme Court rejected it.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:09 PM   #67
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Over 200,000 ballots that do not match any drivers licences is a concern.

-Homer Simpson

Old 10-21-2008, 05:36 AM   #68
RalphyS
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) Over 200,000 ballots that do not match any drivers licences is a concern.

Is it required to pass a driving examination before you can vote in the USA?

But all joking set aside, I do feel it is important to do everything possible all the time to limit the possibility of voter fraud, but just as important it is to guarantee everybody's possibility to put his vote in the democratic process.

I've heard/read that people weren't allowed to vote in Florida in earlier elections, due to dubious circumstances, this should not happen, and neither should it happen that votes turn up of non-existent people and all parties should work together to prevend such events from happening, but if one of the parties sees advantages in such things, then it is understandable that the other thinks, what's good for the goose, is good for the gander. Still if western civilized countries cannot guarantee a fair democratic process, it is the beginning of the end ...

Old 10-21-2008, 09:14 AM   #69
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

I think it's fair to show proof of citizenship to vote. The only people that would be excluded by this sort of screening would be convicted felons. Convicted felons cannot vote in America. If a citizen is eighteen years or older and doesn't have a drivers licence a photo id from the department of motor vehicles is about twelve dollars.

-Homer Simpson

Old 10-21-2008, 09:13 PM   #70
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

NBC refuses to cover this story. They have only played audio of Biden saying Obama has a back bone of "steel" from this speech. Biden goes on to list Iran, Russia........

"Mark my words," the Democratic vice presidential nominee warned at the second of his two Seattle fundraisers Sunday. "It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We're about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here if you don't remember anything else I said. Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy."

"I can give you at least four or five scenarios from where it might originate," Biden said to Emerald City supporters, mentioning the Middle East and Russia as possibilities. "And he's gonna need help. And the kind of help he's gonna need is, he's gonna need you - not financially to help him - we're gonna need you to use your influence, your influence within the community, to stand with him. Because it's not gonna be apparent initially, it's not gonna be apparent that we're right."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpiNfuG8YY8

-Homer Simpson

Last edited by eusebioCBR : 10-21-2008 at 11:02 PM.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:24 PM   #71
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Military Times Poll, American soldiers prefer = McCain 68%
Obama 23%

http://www.militarytimes.com/news/20..._poll_100508w/

-Homer Simpson

Old 10-22-2008, 05:12 AM   #72
RalphyS
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) NBC refuses to cover this story. They have only played audio of Biden saying Obama has a back bone of "steel" from this speech. Biden goes on to list Iran, Russia........

"Mark my words," the Democratic vice presidential nominee warned at the second of his two Seattle fundraisers Sunday. "It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We're about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here if you don't remember anything else I said. Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy."

"I can give you at least four or five scenarios from where it might originate," Biden said to Emerald City supporters, mentioning the Middle East and Russia as possibilities. "And he's gonna need help. And the kind of help he's gonna need is, he's gonna need you - not financially to help him - we're gonna need you to use your influence, your influence within the community, to stand with him. Because it's not gonna be apparent initially, it's not gonna be apparent that we're right."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpiNfuG8YY8

Every president of the last remaining world power will be tested all of the time, I don't think Biden is saying something new or strange here. A new president whether it be Obama or McSame will have to show he can handle the job. I do not think McCain has more experience in this area than Obama, sure he has been a fighterpilot and he has been among the Washington-incrowd for many more years, but neither of them have ever been the most powerful man in the world. I believe Obama has the charisma, the judgment and the calm to do a good job, and McCain is not the McCain of 2000 anymore, when I would have trusted him with the job.

And that members of the US army prefer McCain is not a strange thing, the military has always been overwhelmingly Republican, therefore it's even more remarkable than a man like Colin Powell supports Obama. On the other hand Americans living abroad tend to overwhelmingly favor democrats and even more so now, I think, and I believe it is because they see what damage Republican-led governments do for the stature of the USA outside of the US.

Old 10-22-2008, 06:06 PM   #73
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) Military Times Poll, American soldiers prefer = McCain 68%
Obama 23%

http://www.militarytimes.com/news/20..._poll_100508w/
of course they do, its the military. they like him because the fact that he's a veteran. of course he won them over. but i guess they like it there, with mccain they'll be staying there for along time.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:40 PM   #74
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Charisma, style and 143 working days as a senator isn't good enough for my country.
Unlike liberals, I appreciate and respect the opinions of my nations service men and women.

-Homer Simpson

Old 10-22-2008, 06:47 PM   #75
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

By Orson Scott Card October 5, 2008

Would the Last Honest Reporter Please Turn On the Lights?

An open letter to the local daily paper -- almost every local daily paper in America:

I remember reading All the President's Men and thinking: That's journalism. You do what it takes to get the truth and you lay it before the public, because the public has a right to know.

This housing crisis didn't come out of nowhere. It was not a vague emanation of the evil Bush administration.

It was a direct result of the political decision, back in the late 1990s, to loosen the rules of lending so that home loans would be more accessible to poor people. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were authorized to approve risky loans.

What is a risky loan? It's a loan that the recipient is likely not to be able to repay.

The goal of this rule change was to help the poor -- which especially would help members of minority groups. But how does it help these people to give them a loan that they can't repay? They get into a house, yes, but when they can't make the payments, they lose the house -- along with their credit rating.

They end up worse off than before.

This was completely foreseeable and in fact many people did foresee it. One political party, in Congress and in the executive branch, tried repeatedly to tighten up the rules. The other party blocked every such attempt and tried to loosen them.

Furthermore, Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae were making political contributions to the very members of Congress who were allowing them to make irresponsible loans. (Though why quasi-federal agencies were allowed to do so baffles me. It's as if the Pentagon were allowed to contribute to the political campaigns of Congressmen who support increasing their budget.)

Isn't there a story here? Doesn't journalism require that you who produce our daily paper tell the truth about who brought us to a position where the only way to keep confidence in our economy was a $700 billion bailout? Aren't you supposed to follow the money and see which politicians were benefitting personally from the deregulation of mortgage lending?

I have no doubt that if these facts had pointed to the Republican Party or to John McCain as the guilty parties, you would be treating it as a vast scandal. "Housing-gate," no doubt. Or "Fannie-gate."

Instead, it was Senator Christopher Dodd and Congressman Barney Frank, both Democrats, who denied that there were any problems, who refused Bush administration requests to set up a regulatory agency to watch over Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, and who were still pushing for these agencies to go even further in promoting subprime mortgage loans almost up to the minute they failed.

As Thomas Sowell points out in a TownHall.com essay entitled Do Facts Matter? "Alan Greenspan warned them four years ago. So did the Chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers to the President. So did Bush's Secretary of the Treasury."

These are facts. This financial crisis was completely preventable. The party that blocked any attempt to prevent it was ... the Democratic Party. The party that tried to prevent it was ... the Republican Party.

Yet when Nancy Pelosi accused the Bush administration and Republican deregulation of causing the crisis, you in the press did not hold her to account for her lie. Instead, you criticized Republicans who took offense at this lie and refused to vote for the bailout!

What? It's not the liar, but the victims of the lie who are to blame?

Now let's follow the money ... right to the presidential candidate who is the number-two recipient of campaign contributions from Fannie Mae.

And after Freddie Raines, the CEO of Fannie Mae who made $90 million while running it into the ground, was fired for his incompetence, one presidential candidate's campaign actually consulted him for advice on housing.

If that presidential candidate had been John McCain, you would have called it a major scandal and we would be getting stories in your paper every day about how incompetent and corrupt he was.

But instead, that candidate was Barack Obama, and so you have buried this story, and when the McCain campaign dared to call Raines an "adviser" to the Obama campaign -- because that campaign had sought his advice -- you actually let Obama's people get away with accusing McCain of lying, merely because Raines wasn't listed as an official adviser to the Obama campaign.

You would never tolerate such weasely nit-picking from a Republican.

If you who produce our local daily paper actually had any principles, you would be pounding this story, because the prosperity of all Americans was put at risk by the foolish, short-sighted, politically selfish, and possibly corrupt actions of leading Democrats, including Obama.

If you who produce our local daily paper had any personal honor, you would find it unbearable to let the American people believe that somehow Republicans were to blame for this crisis.

There are precedents. Even though President Bush and his administration never said that Iraq sponsored or was linked to 9/11, you could not stand the fact that Americans had that misapprehension -- so you pounded us with the fact that there was no such link. (Along the way, you created the false impression that Bush had lied to them and said that there was a connection.)

If you had any principles, then surely right now, when the American people are set to blame President Bush and John McCain for a crisis they tried to prevent, and are actually shifting to approve of Barack Obama because of a crisis he helped cause, you would be laboring at least as hard to correct that false impression.

Your job, as journalists, is to tell the truth. That's what you claim you do, when you accept people's money to buy or subscribe to your paper.

But right now, you are consenting to or actively promoting a big fat lie -- that the housing crisis should somehow be blamed on Bush, McCain, and the Republicans. You have trained the American people to blame everything bad -- even bad weather -- on Bush, and they are responding as you have taught them to.

If you had any personal honor, each reporter and editor would be insisting on telling the truth -- even if it hurts the election chances of your favorite candidate.

Because that's what honorable people do. Honest people tell the truth even when they don't like the probable consequences. That's what honesty means. That's how trust is earned.

Barack Obama is just another politician, and not a very wise one. He has revealed his ignorance and naivete time after time -- and you have swept it under the rug, treated it as nothing.

Meanwhile, you have participated in the borking of Sarah Palin, reporting savage attacks on her for the pregnancy of her unmarried daughter -- while you ignored the story of John Edwards's own adultery for many months.

So I ask you now: Do you have any standards at all? Do you even know what honesty means?

Is getting people to vote for Barack Obama so important that you will throw away everything that journalism is supposed to stand for?

You might want to remember the way the National Organization of Women threw away their integrity by supporting Bill Clinton despite his well-known pattern of sexual exploitation of powerless women. Who listens to NOW anymore? We know they stand for nothing; they have no principles.

That's where you are right now.

It's not too late. You know that if the situation were reversed, and the truth would damage McCain and help Obama, you would be moving heaven and earth to get the true story out there.

If you want to redeem your honor, you will swallow hard and make a list of all the stories you would print if it were McCain who had been getting money from Fannie Mae, McCain whose campaign had consulted with its discredited former CEO, McCain who had voted against tightening its lending practices.

Then you will print them, even though every one of those true stories will point the finger of blame at the reckless Democratic Party, which put our nation's prosperity at risk so they could feel good about helping the poor, and lay a fair share of the blame at Obama's door.

You will also tell the truth about John McCain: that he tried, as a Senator, to do what it took to prevent this crisis. You will tell the truth about President Bush: that his administration tried more than once to get Congress to regulate lending in a responsible way.

This was a Congress-caused crisis, beginning during the Clinton administration, with Democrats leading the way into the crisis and blocking every effort to get out of it in a timely fashion.

If you at our local daily newspaper continue to let Americans believe --and vote as if -- President Bush and the Republicans caused the crisis, then you are joining in that lie.

If you do not tell the truth about the Democrats -- including Barack Obama -- and do so with the same energy you would use if the miscreants were Republicans -- then you are not journalists by any standard.

You're just the public relations machine of the Democratic Party, and it's time you were all fired and real journalists brought in, so that we can actually have a daily newspaper in our city.

-Homer Simpson