++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-23-2005, 02:03 PM   #121
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) I think i know this kind of post ...hum...creedsister??????? am I crazy?
hell yes sweetpea haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i just wanted to make a simple damn post to say i loved the song Surround me kix Ass with all the conversation in this thread i felt off topic to just say hey i liked the damn song now how crazy is that
Old 10-23-2005, 10:58 PM   #122
ElektrikBluz
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Muad'Dib) Agree. I dont see how his lyrical style has changed so much since Creed, even Weathered lyrics were 10x better this this tripe (only my opinion before anyone whinges). Theres no imagery, no thinking bout meanings of songs. Its just handed to you on a plate. The lyrics mean nothing to me, but I suppose I can see some people relating to it. If the album follows the same approach as the 2 songs ive heard then I cant see myself enjoying it

I totally respect your opinion, and I'm sure that plenty of others agree with you. I happen to be 'some people relating to it'. For me, the lyrics in The Great Divide have tremendous meaning, and I enjoy listening to it as much as songs like 'Higher'. I can certainly understand why someone might not like his new material if they can't relate to his lyrics, though. However, I can relate to the lyrics that were written with Creed as well as his new material.

And, although they have a great sound, I can't relate so much to the lyrics coming from AB. They seem so dark and depressing and hopeless to me...At least much of Creed's and Stapp's new lyrics are uplifting...not fatalistic. That is my own opinion, of course...but maybe that explains why some people really get into Stapp's new stuff, and others don't.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:37 PM   #123
titan9
USER INFO »
Welcome to the forums, Elektrik! It's always good to see new people around here.

I agree with you, I can relate to the lyrics to this song, just as I could to the Relearn Love lyrics. I admit that the songs aren't unbelieveable, musically, but I do really enjoy both songs.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 10-25-2005, 10:23 PM   #124
ElektrikBluz
USER INFO »
Thanx titan...it's good to be among kindred spirits!

I just recently bought the Best of Creed, and had the whole set looping over and over through my headphones at work today...it just never gets old! Creed was an amazing combination of talent, and I don't know if the separate bands will be able to pull it off at that level again...sometimes the whole really is greater than the sum of the individual parts! I'll just be glad when the finger-pointing is past, and they can focus on their own individual strengths! Show us what you can do guys!

At this point, I can just relate much more to Scott's journey than I can to the lyrics in AB, though I have to admit, they play some great music! Scott is obviously still struggling with some personal issues, and it takes time to complete the kinds of changes that he has been gong through lately. It just bothers me to see how so many people want to criticize him for everything he says or does that doesn't match up to the standard of perfection they try to hold him to. Geez...I'm glad I'm not under that kind of attack...I doubt if I could hold up as well as he has, and still come off looking like a kind and decent human being! As someone infinitely wiser than me said: "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone", and "Why do you try to remove the speck from your brother's eye when you have a log in your own? First remove the log from your own eye, then you can see well enough to remove the speck from your brother's eye!". Just my

Last edited by ElektrikBluz : 10-25-2005 at 10:26 PM.