++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-22-2005, 09:51 AM   #1
geletmote
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Creed & Ab song -comparisons

Dont u guys think these songs are very similar, there not the same obviously but u sense a part of creed in their..

here we go --

open your eyes -my sacrifice
shed my skin - weatherd
the end is here - whos got my back?

wat ya think?
Old 10-22-2005, 12:27 PM   #2
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »
I don't like Scott Stapp so ya I'm an Alter Bridge guy. However I really don't fault either for sounding "Creed like". They made their mark in the music world with Creed. If they did change their sound or lyrics I as an x-loyalist to Creed would have been dissapointed. Personally I think Alter Bridge in sound is heavier(metal) and has a sharper edge. Scott S. on the other hand is a little softer yet more experimental. That's a plus for those who like him and loved Creed. I see it as a choice between Creed light or Creed heavy. If you dig introspective rock you really can't go wrong with either.

ALTER BRIDGE

-Homer Simpson

Old 10-22-2005, 03:06 PM   #3
RMadd
USER INFO »
yeah, one of the greatest criticisms of AB I've heard is that they really didn't depart too much from the Creed sound or lyrical style. And, I guess, given Tru's 10 years w/ Stapp, it probably wasn't that easy to develop something entirely new that would still sell records & tickets. but I certainly agree w/ your comparisons Geletmote, particularly OYE/MS (hadn't really thought about the others before, other than that they do emulate Creed a fair amount)

Old 10-22-2005, 05:24 PM   #4
Creed7352
USER INFO »
i would compare the sound of Shed My Skin to something like Inside Us All, not weathered.
Old 10-22-2005, 11:32 PM   #5
geletmote
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) yeah, one of the greatest criticisms of AB I've heard is that they really didn't depart too much from the Creed sound or lyrical style. And, I guess, given Tru's 10 years w/ Stapp, it probably wasn't that easy to develop something entirely new that would still sell records & tickets. but I certainly agree w/ your comparisons Geletmote, particularly OYE/MS (hadn't really thought about the others before, other than that they do emulate Creed a fair amount)

Yeh thats good point regarding shed my skin and Inside us all, you right about how they havtn departed much from their creed sound, but as for lyrical style, I think departed drastically, its totally different, im not saying its better bcoz creed 4 me is my alltime fave but myles dont compare to scott..
Old 10-23-2005, 10:07 PM   #6
ElektrikBluz
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by geletmote) Yeh thats good point regarding shed my skin and Inside us all, you right about how they havtn departed much from their creed sound, but as for lyrical style, I think departed drastically, its totally different, im not saying its better bcoz creed 4 me is my alltime fave but myles dont compare to scott..

I'm with you, geletmote...it's tough for me to move on after Creed. It's gonna be one helluvan effort for either new band to reach the heights and following that Creed reached. I think folks should give both new groups time to really 'get their acts together' (literally! ). It's probably only natural to have heavy undertones of Creed during the first CD or two...it takes time to develop a new signature style. Whether either group can do it remains to be seen. I just wish they'd lay off the bashing and concentrate on their music! I wish all of them the best...they are all very talented in their own right.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:37 AM   #7
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by geletmote) but as for lyrical style, I think departed drastically, its totally different, im not saying its better bcoz creed 4 me is my alltime fave but myles dont compare to scott..
do you mean lyrical or vocal style? because, in terms of vocals, yeah, AB is quite different. but if we're talking lyrics, Metalingus is the only song I think you could make a case for not being much like Creed in terms of the meaning or theme.

Old 10-24-2005, 12:55 AM   #8
geletmote
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) do you mean lyrical or vocal style? because, in terms of vocals, yeah, AB is quite different. but if we're talking lyrics, Metalingus is the only song I think you could make a case for not being much like Creed in terms of the meaning or theme.

Both are totally different if you ask me, im sure many would agree, but as for the guitar in that song (metalingus) its got creed written all over it..

U wanna hear somehting soudns pretty muhc exact, get out ur weathered cd chuck on BULLETS and wait for the distortion bit to kick in and then listen 20 seconds into mettalingus,, its literally identical.. tell me wat ya think
Old 10-25-2005, 02:37 AM   #9
Creed7352
USER INFO »
nah, knowing how to play them both...they're quite different...very much so as a matter of fact.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:24 AM   #10
geletmote
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed7352) nah, knowing how to play them both...they're quite different...very much so as a matter of fact.

yeh i play guitar aswell never got around playing those riffs though, i take you word for it, it just sounded similar.... Have you recorded any of your creed stuff?

id luv to hear it..