++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 03:04 PM   #46
Echelon Soldier
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
yup

ok sorry..i just don't like people who try and call micheal a liar in so many words cause he's far from it. .

I never really wanted
you to see the screwed
up side of me that i keep
locked inside of me so deep
It always seems to get to me
I never really wanted you to go
So many things you should have known
I guess for me, there's just no hope
I never meant to be so colddd..
I Never meant to be so colddd...
Old 09-01-2004, 03:39 PM   #47
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
great! now let's join our hands and sing Inside Us All all along!
Old 09-01-2004, 08:05 PM   #48
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Echelon Soldier) can you please edit the above post as well. thankyou. It's only fair. If you are going to mod then please be fair. We were BOTH hasty towards each other not just me. and just because it's a smilie it is still considered a lash back at me. . be fair.

A rolleyes smilie isn't really a lash, it's more like a look I'd be giving you. So no, I'm not editing that.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Echelon Soldier) and just for the record teri..when i said i was about to mess someone up i meant it as a joke. umm yeah...No need to get all huffed up over it. Some people take shit so seriosuly it's childish.
While I understand that it was meant as a joke, there was no need to start naming people who you were going to 'mess up' because they disagree with you. If you don't like having your posts edited, in the words of Mark Tremonti, 'watch your words'.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 09-01-2004, 08:56 PM   #49
hockeymom97
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Kimvan) If Michael or anyone else can get an audio up on this interview so we can hear it, maybe we'd be able to tell if it's actually Stapp, or someone just pulling some stupid prank pretending to be him? Can't tell me that isn't a possibility; I find the timing uncanny (POTC release), and the fact that it supposedly comes from Chicago, the town where some "fans" sued...well, we don't need to re-open that can of worms...you get my point. Until we hear whether it's really Stapp's voice, it's all just more he said/she said trash, and I for one am sick of it. If it's proven to be him, then so be it. Everyone involved on both sides has said some not-so-great things at one time or another, and it's their problem, not ours anyway.

I just want to clear one thing up. The LAWSUIT only took place in Chicago because that is where the event was held. The people that filed the lawsuit were from INDIANA. So please don't classify chicago as the fans that tried to sue the band.
Old 09-01-2004, 09:46 PM   #50
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Kim didn't say the people who sued were from Chicago; she said THE TOWN where some fans sued.
Old 09-01-2004, 09:50 PM   #51
Echelon Soldier
USER INFO »
yo

Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) A rolleyes smilie isn't really a lash, it's more like a look I'd be giving you. So no, I'm not editing that.

While I understand that it was meant as a joke, there was no need to start naming people who you were going to 'mess up' because they disagree with you. If you don't like having your posts edited, in the words of Mark Tremonti, 'watch your words'.

well , you're wrong...the smilie is a jab at me... just as if it were words, you need to understand what's fair.. and editing it would be the right thing to do. but this is too petty to keep going so i will just let you have your way. Have a great night.

I never really wanted
you to see the screwed
Old 09-01-2004, 10:58 PM   #52
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Thanks, I will.

Old 09-01-2004, 11:19 PM   #53
Echelon Soldier
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by farmgirl)

I never really wanted
you to see the screwed
Old 09-01-2004, 11:31 PM   #54
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: jeesh, thanks god he came back and said something to you idiots telling him to keep out of it.

The name calling is unnecessary and childish.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Echelon Soldier) Some people take shit so seriosuly it's childish.
Let it go. I'm not deleting a smilie, so post all the vomiting smilies you want. You're the one now who's acting childish.

Old 09-02-2004, 12:24 AM   #55
Mr.CreedFreakTN
USER INFO »
This is really sad for me to see. I can remember when their was never anything negative on this board, and now I see such a division on here it's sad. I know I'm going to get crap for this comment so here goes, it really isn't anyone's business about what Scott said or what Alter Bridge has said. They have decided to follow different paths and we all should just accept it and enjoy the music that both artist release, instead of this division among some here. I don't know why I bother posting it will always exist.Case in point , remember 911 afterwards the country came together in unity and were one for a brief moment, now it's back Democrat agaisn't Republican , and he said she said crap just complete division.
Old 09-02-2004, 01:22 AM   #56
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I hear you, Mr. TN. It's sad and it really shouldn't be. As I've said before, I'm just glad they are still making music.
Old 09-02-2004, 01:50 AM   #57
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Mr.CreedFreakTN) This is really sad for me to see. I can remember when their was never anything negative on this board, and now I see such a division on here it's sad. I know I'm going to get crap for this comment so here goes, it really isn't anyone's business about what Scott said or what Alter Bridge has said. They have decided to follow different paths and we all should just accept it and enjoy the music that both artist release, instead of this division among some here. I don't know why I bother posting it will always exist.Case in point , remember 911 afterwards the country came together in unity and were one for a brief moment, now it's back Democrat agaisn't Republican , and he said she said crap just complete division.

You shouldn't get crap for your statement because it is very well stated I couldn't agree more. Thank you.
Old 09-02-2004, 12:14 PM   #58
creedlvr
USER INFO »
When I first read that interview, I thought it sounded a bit strange compared to other interviews. After reading it again ... I really don't see what the big deal is. What did he say that was so wrong. He's basically talking about his upbringing (we know that's true). He goes on to talk about the intial tension about the Christian thing early on (he's said that on more than one occasion.). Then he says he thinks it was "probably" a continued point of tension.

Granted that he's making some assumptions that may not be true ... but he really didn't say anything that was so awful! .... IMO, of course.
Old 09-02-2004, 05:14 PM   #59
Torn Signs
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Torn Signs Send a message via Yahoo to Torn Signs
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedlvr) When I first read that interview, I thought it sounded a bit strange compared to other interviews. After reading it again ... I really don't see what the big deal is. What did he say that was so wrong. He's basically talking about his upbringing (we know that's true). He goes on to talk about the intial tension about the Christian thing early on (he's said that on more than one occasion.). Then he says he thinks it was "probably" a continued point of tension.

Granted that he's making some assumptions that may not be true ... but he really didn't say anything that was so awful! .... IMO, of course.

Maybe it was the sex, drugs, and rock and roll part that got everyone off their chairs. But IA with you. What is the big deal? I read it and was like, yeah that could be true in a sense. Anyone can say that about rock and roll b/c humans created the stereotype of sex, drugs, and rock and roll in the first place. If someone uses a common analogy they use it. I don't find it in anyway too horrid. And if someone complains just complain at humanity b/c we made language and we are the ones doing the war against each other in this thread. This division won't stop. The September 11th thing is so true. We have AB now and Stapp now. Two different equations to get used to. And anything out of their mouths about the past is about the past and in no way should be used to discuss what kind of human souls they have now in their new projects. AB wants to be a new band not a Creed2 and Stapp wants to have peace and do his own solo thing w/o the hassle of others judging him. Forgive and forget not live and regret.
You all can't let it go? Then fine. I find no reason to even be under such arguments as they are repetitive loops that get nobody absolutely NO WHERE! People either liked the guitar, the spirituality, the voice, or something different in Creed. And that is completely DEAD now. So ppl shoudln't argue over what can't happen again or what may not happen for a LONG time b/c then they're still in the past. Ths was my two cents and my official leave of "posting" on this board since I found this topic still oddly opened for posting and extremely cold.

I'm otherwise known as: WTLF-101
Old 09-02-2004, 06:21 PM   #60
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Well said Torn Signs. Thread is dead.

Closed Thread