++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-10-2003, 08:36 PM   #1
hide
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
brett or mark?

who would you rather did the back-up vocals for Creed? Brett for me is clearly a better vocalist and would allow Mark to concentrate more on his guitar work and shredding. Although I would still prefer to hear Mark do the chorus for My Own Prison.

It would be even better if in the next album Mark and/or Brett write a song for themselves to sing solo, would show the talents of the bands to others and I would love to hear one of these guys for an entire song on a Creed record.

My first post here can't wait til the next album a year is much too long!
Old 09-10-2003, 08:47 PM   #2
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Welcome, Hide, hope you enjoy yourself here. It's a fun group! As to your question, I would go with Brett. He's got a pretty decent voice.
Old 09-10-2003, 09:02 PM   #3
hotforscott
USER INFO »
I would go with Mark!
Old 09-10-2003, 09:08 PM   #4
hide
USER INFO »
Virgos have no profile whatsoever down under in Australia, the only song i've heard is Brother of Mine and it is so touching he has a great voice. What do we think of Brett or Mark singing solo on the next record?
Old 09-10-2003, 09:12 PM   #5
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Hmmmm, dunno about that one. Scott S has such a powerful voice...Maybe one song would be OK .
Old 09-10-2003, 09:16 PM   #6
hide
USER INFO »
i would only want one song as well, i am a massive Pearl Jam fan and in their album "No Code" Stone Gossard their 2nd guitarist wrote and sings solo. His not Eddie Vedder but its cool to hear someone else, and the fans can appreciate other's singing talents more.
Old 09-10-2003, 09:38 PM   #7
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yeah, as long as he can carry a song vocally, I don't have a problem with it. I would need to hear more of Mark to decide, but I don't think he's as vocally strong as Brett is.

Alice In Chains' guitarist also sang lead on quite a few of their songs, especially on their EP and their self-titled CD. He's not as strong vocally as Layne Staley was, but he sings well enough and has a lot of feeling in his singing. Plus, he wrote awesome harmonies.
Old 09-10-2003, 09:44 PM   #8
hide
USER INFO »
Mark was planning a solo-project and I guess he'll do it after the album so he has to be fairly strong to pull that off. Brett can obviously carry a song vocally as the lead singer of Virgos. I think you are talking about Jerry Cantrall he is making some great music at the moment.
Old 09-10-2003, 09:46 PM   #9
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Hell yeah, Jerry Cantrell ROCKS. He's my other obsession aside from Creed . Do you have Degradation Trip Vols. 1 & 2? It's awesome. I got it the day it came out here (December) and I still listen to it four or five times a week.
Old 09-10-2003, 09:59 PM   #10
hide
USER INFO »
no i don't have that at the moment although I've got a cool suggestion. We have the remants of Soundgarden and RATM and STP and GNR making great new groups how about this one.

Lead Guitar-Jerry Cantrall
Bass-Kris Novolesic(sp)
Drums-Dave A (formerly of chilli peppers and pearl jam)
Vocals-could have Jerry or get someone like Weiland.

my other obsession is Pearl Jam who are my fav band awesome live, simply awesome. They change up their setlists every night and McCready is the man.
Old 09-10-2003, 10:07 PM   #11
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yep, PJ is high on my list as well. I FINALLY got to see them live this year! WHAT A SHOW! And you're right, McCready is amazing. Do you have the Mad Season video? He absolutely kicks a** on the song November Hotel.

Wow, that would be an interesting lineup. Jerry does need a band, that's for sure. I think his stuff would sell better if he had a band again.
Old 09-10-2003, 10:08 PM   #12
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
You HAVE to get Degradation Trip 1 & 2. It's sooooo awesome. I think it's some of the best work he's done! Have you downloaded any of the songs? Do you have Boggy Depot?
Old 09-10-2003, 10:16 PM   #13
hide
USER INFO »
i have to admit that i haven't bought any of Jerry's stuff yet but it is very good. Krist also needs a band as well as Dave and Jerry' stuff would sell much better this way. I spend a bit of time on the Pearl Jam board and as you probably know Creed are not too popular there but there are a few mutual fans. Stone Gossard's Bayleaf is something you have to get, not like PJ at all but fantastic.
Old 09-10-2003, 10:22 PM   #14
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
ok...1st of all...Brother of Mine was not very good...sorry...but it was lacking.... I would go w/ Mark...his voice may not be "strong" ,as in versatility, as Brett's...but i think it sounds better....

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 09-10-2003, 10:30 PM   #15
hide
USER INFO »
what was wrong with Brother of Mine? I thought the lyrics were well thought out and his voice sounds very heartfelt. Brett sounds a little like the lead singer from 3 Doors Down to me.