++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-24-2009, 09:00 AM   #1
MissSeeker
USER INFO »
Status: A Melody
Posts: 320
Joined: May 2005
Currently: Offline
What happens with Alter Bridge?

I'm really excited about Creed recording a new album but does this means the end of Alter Bridge?
__________________

"...in the frozen night I prayed, for a touch of warmth so long delayed...
Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 10:56 AM   #2
nagpo
nagpo's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Bound and Tied
Posts: 2,176
Joined: Mar 2005
Currently: Offline
Re: What happens with Alter Bridge?

No, according to Mark and Myles they are still a band and they are going to release there third album sometime next year.
__________________
I really have nothing to say
Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 04:43 PM   #3
XALTERBRIDGEX
XALTERBRIDGEX's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Faceless Fan
Posts: 462
Joined: Apr 2009
Currently: Offline
Re: What happens with Alter Bridge?

I can see Stapp holding the guys back from making any more music with Myles. Lets face it all the guys missed playing packed arenas around the country. Sure the guys are going to say AB will continue because they want the AB fans on board with this Creed reunion and they want to let the AB fans down easy. This is only the beginning..It is only a matter of time before we get a press release saying due to Creed and Myles solo career, AB will no longer continue..maybe I am wrong, I hope so!!

Last edited by XALTERBRIDGEX : 05-24-2009 at 05:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 07:41 PM   #4
Agent D
Agent D's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Wound Up
Posts: 1,137
Joined: Feb 2003
Currently: Offline
Re: What happens with Alter Bridge?

Quote: (Originally Posted by XALTERBRIDGEX) I can see Stapp holding the guys back from making any more music with Myles. Lets face it all the guys missed playing packed arenas around the country. Sure the guys are going to say AB will continue because they want the AB fans on board with this Creed reunion and they want to let the AB fans down easy. This is only the beginning..It is only a matter of time before we get a press release saying due to Creed and Myles solo career, AB will no longer continue..maybe I am wrong, I hope so!!

Yeah, I don't see how they can possibly be committed to both bands. Clearly, judging by the reaction of the members on this board, the Creed reunion is going to be a huge success. I don't know how any of the guys can say after a big, successful tour, "Okay, now back to Alter Bridge!" I just don't see how that's gonna happen.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:00 PM   #5
Steve
Administrator
Steve's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Prophet Man
Posts: 3,294
Joined: Dec 2003
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Re: What happens with Alter Bridge?

Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) Yeah, I don't see how they can possibly be committed to both bands. Clearly, judging by the reaction of the members on this board, the Creed reunion is going to be a huge success. I don't know how any of the guys can say after a big, successful tour, "Okay, now back to Alter Bridge!" I just don't see how that's gonna happen.

I don't think you can judge the success of Creed's tour based on a handful of fans on a fan message board. I think the success of the reunion will be decided by ticket sales and album sales. I've done no formal research on this, but as of right now there's been lots of reports from people saying that there are lots of great tickets available for shows, which means they currently aren't selling well. (Sales will go up once a single is released, but still...)
__________________
-Steve

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:34 AM   #6
TrulyAmazing
Banned
TrulyAmazing's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Said Eyes
Posts: 4,377
Joined: Oct 2007
Currently: Offline
Re: What happens with Alter Bridge?

steve thats a reliable provoctive opion no one with common since can disagree with that man
Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 05:25 PM   #7
Agent D
Agent D's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Wound Up
Posts: 1,137
Joined: Feb 2003
Currently: Offline
Re: What happens with Alter Bridge?

Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) I don't think you can judge the success of Creed's tour based on a handful of fans on a fan message board. I think the success of the reunion will be decided by ticket sales and album sales. I've done no formal research on this, but as of right now there's been lots of reports from people saying that there are lots of great tickets available for shows, which means they currently aren't selling well. (Sales will go up once a single is released, but still...)

I meant the reaction of the members of the board were indicative of ticket sales. If they don't sell tickets that well, then I guess it'll be proven that this reunion was a poor idea.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 05:48 PM   #8
XALTERBRIDGEX
XALTERBRIDGEX's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Faceless Fan
Posts: 462
Joined: Apr 2009
Currently: Offline
Re: What happens with Alter Bridge?

It is going to be really hard to sell out everywhere they play. They have been gone for 5 years and bands like Nickelback have taken the top rock spot. We will have to wait and see if Creed can take back what was once their's.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:57 AM   #9
Agent D
Agent D's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Wound Up
Posts: 1,137
Joined: Feb 2003
Currently: Offline
Re: What happens with Alter Bridge?

So glad they broke up Alter Bridge for a sure thing!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:05 AM   #10
J-Man
USER INFO »
Status: Naked Toddler
Posts: 203
Joined: Feb 2006
Currently: Offline
Re: What happens with Alter Bridge?

1. Alter Bridge are not breaking up. It has been said MANY times by the band guys and Michael (you can't get a better source than that!) Yet people still continue to make up stories that they broke up. I guess drama plays a big role amongst those who like to stir things up for attention.

2. As Steve stated, I too believe that concert tickets will do well after Creed's new single is released, which could happen next month if the interviews are accurate. I personally cannot wait to hear their new songs.

3. 2009 and 2010 will be very good years for Rock ~n~ Roll. Creed's new album, reunion tour, Myles Kennedy's solo album, Alter Bridge's DVD and third album, followed by an AB tour! HELL YEAH!!!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:54 PM   #11
austin.
USER INFO »
Status: Broken Dream
Posts: 145
Joined: May 2009
Currently: Offline
Re: What happens with Alter Bridge?

Lets not forget Pearl Jam and Kiss are touring at the end of this year too

I think Alter Bridge will slowly drift away if Creed's new album and tour is a huge success. I agree with the above posters, I don't think after the tour and album they (Mark, Flip, and Brian) will be like "Ok Stapp, that was fun. Good luck with your solo career. Back to Alter Bridge now"
________
CHEAP EASY VAPE VAPORIZER

Last edited by austin. : 03-13-2011 at 07:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:09 PM   #12
skyguy86
skyguy86's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: A Melody
Posts: 341
Joined: May 2009
Currently: Offline
Re: What happens with Alter Bridge?

Quote: (Originally Posted by austin.) Lets not forget Pearl Jam and Kiss are touring at the end of this year too

I think Alter Bridge will slowly drift away if Creed's new album and tour is a huge success. I agree with the above posters, I don't think after the tour and album they (Mark, Flip, and Brian) will be like "Ok Stapp, that was fun. Good luck with your solo career. Back to Alter Bridge now"
No of course they won't. All members have said in a number of interviews that this is the real deal and they are here to stay. They intend to have both Creed and Alter Bridge co-exist. Personally, I think this is an excellent choice. It satisfies exclusive Creed fans and exclusice Alter Bridge fans. And for those of us in the middle, thats twice the music!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:43 PM   #13
Agent D
Agent D's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Wound Up
Posts: 1,137
Joined: Feb 2003
Currently: Offline
Re: What happens with Alter Bridge?

Quote: (Originally Posted by J-Man) 1. Alter Bridge are not breaking up. It has been said MANY times by the band guys and Michael (you can't get a better source than that!) Yet people still continue to make up stories that they broke up. I guess drama plays a big role amongst those who like to stir things up for attention.

No one is making things up. Some of us just don't believe that three of the same four guys can commit to two different bands. It's a huge undertaking. Shit happens and who knows what may happen in the future. Hopefully I'll be wrong.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:57 PM   #14
Daniel M
Daniel M's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Illusion
Posts: 10
Joined: May 2009
Currently: Offline
Re: What happens with Alter Bridge?

Alter bridge are one of my favorites
i hope they still go on!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 04:58 PM   #15
facelessman
facelessman's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Opened My Eyes
Posts: 6,137
Joined: May 2003
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
Re: What happens with Alter Bridge?

The point is Creed broke up for a reason. And unless that (those) reason(s) have been resolved, which i doubt, then expect for this reunion to be short lived.
__________________
Is that what you call a getaway?
Tell me what you got away with
B/c i've seen more spine in jellyfish
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Reply With Quote
Post Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Random Thoughts DangerousDan85 Chat-O-Rama 9412 10-21-2013 05:49 AM
NEW ALTER BRIDGE BIO - More Info!!! Bridge of Clay Alter Bridge Talk 5 08-11-2007 03:55 AM
Alter Bridge Attacks Mrprophetman Alter Bridge Talk 51 06-23-2006 09:09 PM
A Letter From Alter Bridge Regarding Zurich Gabriel Alter Bridge Talk 3 06-20-2006 08:04 PM
Hanson quits Alter Bridge ctfan Alter Bridge Talk 5 05-15-2005 10:46 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 Steve Caponetto. All Rights Reserved.