++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-25-2003, 09:08 AM   #16
creedchick02
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
OHHHHHHH you were so right:P .......Now get lost buttface
now does it scare you, that i'm able to decern? what to love and what to burn'
i'll add fuel to the fire now,
stand back, brother take your hand back,
leave it and i might crack
more than a smile or two, you see
don't judge what you don't understand,
you can't deny what has been given to me~~~~~Fear ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/creedchick020
Old 04-25-2003, 11:25 AM   #17
robaustin1701
USER INFO »
The maturity of this group never ceases to amaze me.

--*Rob
Old 04-25-2003, 12:15 PM   #18
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by JenRN
Ummm... So what about Nine Inch Nails and Marilyn Manson?  I have spoke to several people who have seen both in concert and they said Trent Reznor was so freakin drunk at one show he literally layed on the floor or the whole show and puked next to the drum set  Then I also heard from someone who actually went to a show of Manson's that he pissed in the crowd, so did those people pay for that:eye:  Did people pay to see Ozzy bite the head off of bats?  IT IS A ROCK CONCERT DAMN IT!!!!!! It is the luck of the draw!  How about Steven Tyler and the entire band of Aerosmith being so freakin stoned and drunk on top of it that they could not remember the words to their own songs?  I did not see a lawsuit for that, and my friend attended that show!  Bottom line is this was a one time incident, people need to stop holding Stapp to such high standards! He is freakin human.... GEEZZZZZ!!!!!

YOU GO, JEN!!!! What you said is soooo true, I'm so sick of there being different standards for different people!!

Relearn Love
Old 04-25-2003, 12:23 PM   #19
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Lechium
JUST drunk? Sorry but unless it's a small punk concert in a club, performer MUST be sober. He gets paid thousands dollars an hour to sing, so least he can do is be sober. God.. being fan is good, but dont say that's it's ok for the band to disrespect people who paid big money to see the band, by being drunk on stage, and failing to work off money they get paid.

LOL, Leech! You got me wrong. I never said that.

I agree the singer and the rest of the band must be sober. I said "just drunk" coz he wasn´t "drunk and high/stoned" as Mtv put on their site.

According to the posts, all he took was a bottle of J&B (or is it JB? - whatever...).

Got my point now?
Old 04-25-2003, 12:37 PM   #20
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by robaustin1701
The maturity of this group never ceases to amaze me.

--*Rob

Your arrogance never ceases to amaze me. How 'bout stepping down off your high horse? Sheesh.
Old 04-25-2003, 02:23 PM   #21
Lechium
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
yep, they posted that Stapp was high on drugs...

from what I´ve heard, he was just drunk...

See? You did say it hehe
Old 04-25-2003, 02:25 PM   #22
Lechium
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by JenRN
Ummm... So what about Nine Inch Nails and Marilyn Manson?  I have spoke to several people who have seen both in concert and they said Trent Reznor was so freakin drunk at one show he literally layed on the floor or the whole show and puked next to the drum set  Then I also heard from someone who actually went to a show of Manson's that he pissed in the crowd, so did those people pay for that:eye:  Did people pay to see Ozzy bite the head off of bats?  IT IS A ROCK CONCERT DAMN IT!!!!!! It is the luck of the draw!  How about Steven Tyler and the entire band of Aerosmith being so freakin stoned and drunk on top of it that they could not remember the words to their own songs?  I did not see a lawsuit for that, and my friend attended that show!  Bottom line is this was a one time incident, people need to stop holding Stapp to such high standards! He is freakin human.... GEEZZZZZ!!!!!

It's all about reputation -- creed does not swear in their songs, have image of a Christian band, they are band of Flanderses, so they attacart a crowd that expects a decent non crazy show.
Manson and NIN are different story, crowd they are gathering expects some craziness, and some offencivness. That's all there is too it.
Old 04-25-2003, 03:12 PM   #23
creedlvr
USER INFO »
It's all about reputation -- creed does not swear in their songs, have image of a Christian band, they are band of Flanderses, so they attacart a crowd that expects a decent non crazy show.
Manson and NIN are different story, crowd they are gathering expects some craziness, and some offencivness. That's all there is too it.

I actually do agree with this statement. I do believe that if people want to see a band that will probably come on stage drunk and not remember lyrics, act crazy and be almost incapable of performing, then will go see a band with that reputation .... they are not going to go see Creed.

People (myself included) are more disappointed at what happened because they (we) do not expect that from them. That may be holding them to too high a standard, but it is hard not to .... based on what we know (and love) about them.

However, I still believe that just because we don't expect something like this from them, doesn't mean they've committed an unforgivable act. The fact is ....
They are human! Yes ... they made a mistake! Yes ... they could've handled it better! And yes ... we'd all like to believe it will not happen again! But for God sakes ... let it go already! They didn't kill anyone.

The point is ... this lawsuit is overkill!
Old 04-25-2003, 03:21 PM   #24
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Just because a person believes in God doesn't make them perfect! Christians don't walk around with angel wings and halos. We are human to we still struggle with sin just like everyone else! It takes a lot more than you know to being a christian and besides that Creed isn't a christian band! It is just harder than you think to keep from things that will bring you down. Wether your a christian or not.
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 04-25-2003, 03:21 PM   #25
hotforscott
USER INFO »
See Lechium, Rob, etc. There is a way to get your point across without being a jerk. Creedlvr said their peace without offending anyone. I agree with Jen's statement. It was a one time deal and people should understand that. 2 days after the Chicago show, they put on the best show of their lives in Philly.
Old 04-25-2003, 03:25 PM   #26
Lechium
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by JulieLovesCreed
Just because a person believes in God doesn't make them perfect! Christians don't walk around with angel wings and halos. We are human to we still struggle with sin just like everyone else! It takes a lot more than you know to being a christian and besides that Creed isn't a christian band! It is just harder than you think to keep from things that will bring you down. Wether your a christian or not.

You're missing the point.

Creed has image of a nice politically corect band, you can bring your kids to see, etc.

NIN and Manson are complete opposite.

So people expect bands concert to go along with their image and reputation.
Old 04-25-2003, 03:29 PM   #27
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
It still doesn't call for a lawsuit. Creed have purported an image of being as wholesome as they can, but they still don't deserve to be sued. They are after all is said and done a rock band. This is a function of our suit-happy, money-grubbing society. They want more than their refund.
Old 04-25-2003, 03:31 PM   #28
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I agree Dogstar! Its all about the money
alone
All I know
on my own

Old 04-25-2003, 03:32 PM   #29
Lechium
USER INFO »
Well at least one thing is certain now -- "unique" shows like that wount happen again, thanks to the lawsuit. And that's something you all should be happy about.
Old 04-25-2003, 03:35 PM   #30
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Well hey, Then I should go to a Manson show and if he pees in the audience then I'll sue him
alone
All I know
on my own