++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-13-2005, 01:33 AM   #1
RMadd
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Backing Band?

Anyone know who Stapp's backing band is on his forthcoming album and/or for the eventual tour? I know he originally worked w/ The Tea Party, but that didn't work out too well (I believe one of the guys in TTP said something to the effect of Scott having some personal issues to work out or something along those lines). And I guess 7 Aurelius was supposed to be producing... has this changed as well?
On a related note, I've been listening to a fair amount of The Tea Party recently. Their singer sounds a helluva lot like Jim Morrison (Doors' lead singer). So I was thinking, since Scott was essentially replacing the lead singer (didn't he leave the band after their most recent album came out in '03 or '04?), I thought it would've been cool to see a more permanent collaboration between the 2 entities, more along the lines of Scott molding into the band rather than them changing their approach, etc for his writing/lyrical style. Part of the problem there, I suppose, is that they're too dissimilar. The Tea Party is more of an artsy-type band (tho not quite Prog-Rock), while Stappy is more into figurative grunge/post-grunge. Pretty much two different approaches to rock.

Old 10-13-2005, 01:50 AM   #2
Chase
USER INFO »
Well, on the revised version of "Relearn Love," it's Goneblind and I know that they are also the backing for the song, "The Great Divide." I'm assuming that Goneblind did the instrumental work on the rest of the album as well too. As for producer, I think it may 7 Aurelius. I've seen some pictures of Scott in the studio and what appeared to be the producer. I would've liked to see The Tea Party be the backing band though... or just The Tea Party and Stapp assimilated into one artist. It would've been much more difficult for Stapp to do his own thing however. I think with a small, pretty unknown band... it's easier for Scott to take control and set the musical direction. In listening to Goneblind's EP... their sound isn't very Creedish at all... although they were once taken under Creed's wings. I believe that Goneblind's lead singer is playing rythm guitar or something to that effect on Stapp's solo effort. Bottom line: Goneblind was a better choice to achieve a sound somewhat closer to Creed's ("The Great Divide" is completely Creedish)... but The Tea Party would've been the band to shed the Creed image. I could actually see Stapp doing Tea Party songs though.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:01 AM   #3
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I love the Tea Party . Theirs and Stapp's styles are so different musically, though. I can kind of see why they didn't mesh.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:12 AM   #4
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
yep, Goneblind did the whole thing.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:22 PM   #5
revisfoot
USER INFO »
I have to admit...

FREAKIN LOVE THE VIDEO!!

Ladies and gentlemen, I am proud to announce that Scott Stapp...

...is back.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:35 PM   #6
titan9
USER INFO »
I kinda like the video as well, lol. I admit, I thought it would be awful, because a few people in the other thread were saying how boring and simple it was. But when I watched it, I was surprised as how much I actually liked the video. I think I like it about as much as I like the OYE video. Both are simple, yet effective.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 10-13-2005, 03:41 PM   #7
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by revisfoot) FREAKIN LOVE THE VIDEO!!
How is that possible? Dude, did you even watch the video?

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 10-13-2005, 05:27 PM   #8
titan9
USER INFO »
It's all how people interpret things, Lith. Different people have different tastes, obviously. Not everyone likes Rock music; some prefer Jazz or Oldies. Doesn't mean they're stupid, or crazy, it just means they like different things, have different tastes. I don't like 50 Cent, but I'm not going to yell at someone for liking them(though I am tempted to do that, lol).

Old 10-13-2005, 10:24 PM   #9
Chase
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) How is that possible? Dude, did you even watch the video?

Dude, you complain about people not respecting your anti-American, anti-Stapp views... but in reality, you hardly respect other people's views.

And Stapp's band is as follows:

Scott Stapp- Vocals
Artie Rincon- Lead Guitar (appears to contribute some backing vocals)
John Curry- Rythm Guitar (former lead vocalist of Goneblind... probably contributes to backing vocals)
Mitch Burman - Bass
Marc Archer - Drums

Last edited by Chase : 10-13-2005 at 10:29 PM.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:15 PM   #10
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I kinda like the video as well, lol. I admit, I thought it would be awful, because a few people in the other thread were saying how boring and simple it was. But when I watched it, I was surprised as how much I actually liked the video. I think I like it about as much as I like the OYE video. Both are simple, yet effective.

Well, I agree even though I cant say i loved the video, but its not so bad ike some pople here said...its a normal one, without tons of visual effects....but it wouldnt be different , since is related to Great Divide...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 10-15-2005, 11:09 AM   #11
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »
I wonder how many Creed songs he's forced them to learn.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:32 PM   #12
titan9
USER INFO »
Lol, probably just the hit songs. And I still think WU has had a big hand in this. I think WU wants Stapp and his pawn sh....err backing band, to be Creed 2. I don't think this is all Stapp's doing. Could be wrong, though.

Old 10-15-2005, 10:47 PM   #13
Chase
USER INFO »
Well, initially Stapp was talking about how he was going to change his sound and bring in some hip hop producers to put some soul into his music. By judging the tone of "The Great Divide," his sound seems far from that. But that's only one song... and Wind Up may have strategically placed that song as the first single for obvious reasons. It's radio friendly and EXTREMELY Creedish.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:32 AM   #14
Creed7352
USER INFO »
and artie is short for aristides...
Old 10-17-2005, 03:48 PM   #15
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) It's all how people interpret things, Lith. Different people have different tastes, obviously.
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Dude, you complain about people not respecting your anti-American, anti-Stapp views... but in reality, you hardly respect other people's views.
Okay, totally my bad, you guys! I'm sorry, it was meant as a joke, and only a joke. But internet isn't always the best way to express things. And when I read the joke now I can clearly see that it seems like more sarcasm than humour.

It was meant as a joke, which just didn't come off too well. I'm sorry and I take it back! I don't at all think the video is horrible, I'm just not too crazy about it. Okay?

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor