++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-08-2004, 12:26 AM   #1
Tia67
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Just my thoughts

Today my husband was watching the dvd and giving me a hard time about Creed- mainly just to be giving ME a hard time (just like I give him a hard time about Steve Jobs-my husband is a REAL BIG MAC-APPLE guy) Well, anyway to get on with this story, he was cracking jokes about Creed/Scott Stapp but one thing he had to admit to is that Creed was an amazing band to have sold 28 million albums in only 7 seven years. My thoughts are that egos got too BIG with ALL parties involved but you know I don't care what anybody says money that kind of money changes people. It's sad because CREED (ALL OF THEM) was something special and they touched people's lives even saved some people from taking their own life. They had an amazing purpose on this earth. I hope one day they will put those big egos to the side and realize what they had TOGETHER was SPECIAL.
Old 12-08-2004, 01:39 AM   #2
RMadd
USER INFO »
not to start any shit or anything... but, i'm assuming that, by "all their egos got big", you mean Scott Stapp?

Old 12-08-2004, 01:51 AM   #3
Tia67
USER INFO »
No, I mean ALL of THEM.
Old 12-08-2004, 11:57 AM   #4
Agent D
USER INFO »
Here we go. Shall I go get a referee?
Old 12-09-2004, 12:39 AM   #5
Tia67
USER INFO »
No, my thoughts was just that my thoughts. It was not meant to start anything. I was just addressing what CREED had together was SPECIAL. I was just saying they had a very special combination that you don't find in a band. Think about it even when Brain Marshall left you could tell it on the Weathered cd and tour. It's because each person was an element to a AWESOME thing. We can agrue all day everyday of how wrote the lyrcis and who did this and that but the point is, it was the combination NOT the one person who made the magic.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:11 PM   #6
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »
If ALL their egos got big, Alter Bridge would have never started... Nobody with an ego that big could start all over with a pretty much unknown band.
Old 12-09-2004, 08:42 PM   #7
Chase
USER INFO »
I think the egos that got big in Creed were Stapp and Tremonti. They were two guys both trying to steer the direction of the band's music and both weren't willing to negotiate. Therefore, they parted ways. So... it is possible that there were two egos in Creed resulting in the birth of Alter Bridge.
Old 12-10-2004, 10:07 AM   #8
Tia67
USER INFO »
Chase,

I totally agree with you. I don't believe there is only ONE person to blame in the break up. Think about how many bands that have gone through this, to name a few Bonjovi, Aerosmith and Guns n Roses. And it seems to be between the lead singer and lead guitar. Tell me who has made it BIG after a split?? But, besides a select few of the bands that broke up in the end they realized what they had together and reunited. In my org. post I was just stating what Creed had together was something special and that I can't believe anyone can deny that especially the members of the band.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:49 PM   #9
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
pfft... Norah Jones sold 28M WW with only 2 albums... that's lame too.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:55 PM   #10
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) pfft... Norah Jones sold 28M WW with only 2 albums... that's lame too.

She has to be one of the most overrated artists out there. Seriously, her music bores the heck out of me.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 12-10-2004, 02:29 PM   #11
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) pfft... Norah Jones sold 28M WW with only 2 albums... that's lame too.

LOL
Old 12-10-2004, 02:30 PM   #12
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Hellboy) If ALL their egos got big, Alter Bridge would have never started... Nobody with an ego that big could start all over with a pretty much unknown band.