++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 12:47 AM   #16
RMadd
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
well, at least no one's villainizing me for posting this. like i said, i'm not sure if it's true. Q102 is just your average alt-rock station here in Springfield MO. And, admittedly, it has a sub-standard site. i've seen better ones. who knows what the real interview says. i wish they would post the text of the whole thing, to see how they arrived @ that conclusion. ironically, on the AB site, where i posted this, there's been a whopping 2 responses, and both dislike Stappo. I don't have much of a problem w/ him, but having read an article Matt (TremontiWanaB) posted on the AB forums, it would seem like he's over whatever happened. but, as has already been mentioned, who's gonna know what really happened other than the Scotts and Mark?

Old 08-31-2004, 11:17 AM   #17
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
What I find interesting is how quick some people were to denounce Mark in his initial interviews about the breakup for what he supposedly said, but yet Scott S. gets the benefit of the doubt. So, the media can twist Scott S.'s words but not Mark's. *rollseyes*
Old 08-31-2004, 11:44 AM   #18
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) What I find interesting is how quick some people were to denounce Mark in his initial interviews about the breakup for what he supposedly said, but yet Scott S. gets the benefit of the doubt. So, the media can twist Scott S.'s words but not Mark's. *rollseyes*

Great point.
Old 08-31-2004, 12:15 PM   #19
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
According to Michael, posted on another bb, Stapp phoned the interview into the station in Chicago?

Well, I have some questions, was this a scheduled interview...or just out of the blue?

How do they know it was Stapp they were speaking to?

Would like to hear/read the COMPLETE interview, I'm sure a LOT MORE was said than what was posted, for sure.

Sorry, but this particular information is bogus until proven otherwise. What was posted is totally out of character with all of his other interviews that have been given.

ETA: And even if it turns out to be true, so what, it's still related to what's going on between them, and is their business, right? not ours. (maybe this makes it a little clearer?)

Last edited by Ann Allusion : 08-31-2004 at 04:02 PM.
Old 08-31-2004, 12:58 PM   #20
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) According to Michael, posted on another bb, Stapp phoned the interview into the station in Chicago?
How would Michael know? According to him, no one from the AB camp has talked to Scott since February.

Ann, can you please post that link where Michael said that. Thank you.

You know, now I'm a little angry, especially reading that Michael said it was Chicago. Now I really don't believe that whole article. I think someone is just trying to start trouble for Scott.

Last edited by Shadow : 08-31-2004 at 01:03 PM.
Old 08-31-2004, 02:00 PM   #21
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) What I find interesting is how quick some people were to denounce Mark in his initial interviews about the breakup for what he supposedly said, but yet Scott S. gets the benefit of the doubt. So, the media can twist Scott S.'s words but not Mark's. *rollseyes*
you know thats right morons
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 08-31-2004, 02:31 PM   #22
Gabriel
Mark's Brother
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) How would Michael know? According to him, no one from the AB camp has talked to Scott since February.

You know, now I'm a little angry, especially reading that Michael said it was Chicago. Now I really don't believe that whole article. I think someone is just trying to start trouble for Scott.

He said it over the air in Chicago. I recieved 10 phone calls to that effect yesterday. Thats how I know. It was then put up on 94.7 the Zone's web site in print. Then it was given to other radio stations via newswire.
Old 08-31-2004, 02:38 PM   #23
creedlvr
USER INFO »
The only thing I know is that Scott has said that in the beginning the rest of the band didn't like the "christian" label. That's why I think this is just taken out of context.

The difference between Mark's interview and this one is that in the Mark interview, we actually heard him saying some of it. This is not the case in this interview.
Old 08-31-2004, 03:07 PM   #24
goddess_bb
USER INFO »
Why are we still beating this dead horse?? Let it go, it is done and really it is none of our business what happened between Scott and the others..isn't it time to move on and look foward then to keep looking at the past and what happened or didn't happen. Who cares??
Why not just be happy that they are now finding sucess to whatever degree apart and that they are still here in some form??
Someone tries to hide himself
Down inside himself he prays
Someone swears his true love
Until the end of time
Another runs away
Separate or united
Empty or insane
And be yourself is all that you can do
All that you can do

Be Yourself~Audioslave

~Ignore me, I dare you~
Old 08-31-2004, 03:28 PM   #25
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) How would Michael know? According to him, no one from the AB camp has talked to Scott since February.

Here we go again Michael is a big problem. Dogstar made a great point in regard to Mark and interviews and I was thinking to myself maybe some of the things Mark stated was taken out of context but then Michael always come in and starts divison. If Stapp said this Michael needs to stay out of it because this causes more divison and hatred. I agree with you it is out of character of what he has stated in other interviews I was thinking maybe things he stated were taken out of context and its funny how it was posted a day before the release of POC.
Old 08-31-2004, 03:33 PM   #26
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Gabriel) He said it over the air in Chicago. I recieved 10 phone calls to that effect yesterday. Thats how I know. It was then put up on 94.7 the Zone's web site in print. Then it was given to other radio stations via newswire.

Michael don't you think it's best that you stay out of he said/she said it brings on to much divison and just let AB and Stapp give the public great music that we can enjoy.
Old 08-31-2004, 03:38 PM   #27
farmgirl
USER INFO »
Currently:
Quote: (Originally Posted by musiclover291) Michael don't you think it's best that you stay out of he said/she said it brings on to much divison and just let AB and Stapp give the public great music that we can enjoy.

EXACTLY!!! Well said. Family members should stay out of all the drama instead of fueling it.
Old 08-31-2004, 03:48 PM   #28
Gabriel
Mark's Brother
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by musiclover291) Michael don't you think it's best that you stay out of he said/she said it brings on to much divison and just let AB and Stapp give the public great music that we can enjoy.

First of all, musiclover, I did not put his quote up on any boards. The fans did. It is not a he said/she said thing. He said it. Period. Caught in print and on audio. Secondly, if he goes out there and says something delusional like that for the world to see, and on the radio station in my hometown, I have every right to call that statement what it is. Absolutely laughable.
Old 08-31-2004, 03:54 PM   #29
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Yeah, I reckon Stapp shouldn't have said that... it makes him look bad, it made the others look bad. Big mess!

Michael, thanks for clearing it up, about the ideas on if it was taken out of context or not. You know that your contact with the Alter Bridge fans is really appreciated.

As for the others, just leave it. I'll ask Steve to close this thread before it goes worse.
Old 08-31-2004, 03:55 PM   #30
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Gabriel) First of all, musiclover, I did not put his quote up on any boards. The fans did. It is not a he said/she said thing. He said it. Period. Caught in print and on audio. Secondly, if he goes out there and says something delusional like that for the world to see, and on the radio station in my hometown, I have every right to call that statement what it is. Absolutely laughable.

Michael could you please make the audio available for us at Creedfeed to listen to. I would love to hear the entire interview not a edited version since you feel so strongly about the matter.

Thanks!
Closed Thread