++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 05-27-2004, 01:59 AM   #1
Aimee
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Bankruptsy

Where in the Bible does it say that if you claim bankruptsy, you're going to hell? I just heard this the other day...news to me. Any thoughts?
Old 05-27-2004, 08:22 AM   #2
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I can honestly say Aimee, I've never heard anything even remotely close to that. Didn't even know they HAD bankruptcy back in the day. News to me. But then again, I'm not much of a bible-reader.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Last edited by TeriB19 : 05-27-2004 at 08:06 PM.
Old 05-27-2004, 07:15 PM   #3
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I've never heard of that either
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 05-27-2004, 07:37 PM   #4
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
I have never heard of this either!!? interesting, where did you hear this, Aimee? I know a couple of people who going to hell, then!!???

"I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies "
Old 05-27-2004, 08:18 PM   #5
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Hahahah, me, too. Maybe it has something to do with bearing false witness. You make an agreement to pay someone and then you don't? Dunno.
Old 05-27-2004, 08:47 PM   #6
Sheila63
USER INFO »
I don't know either, Amy but I see if I can find out for you. I'm curious to see if there's any mention of it myself.

Relearn Love
Old 05-27-2004, 11:10 PM   #7
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) I can honestly say Aimee, I've never heard anything even remotely close to that. Didn't even know they HAD bankruptcy back in the day. News to me. But then again, I'm not much of a bible-reader.
I LOVE NON BIBLE READERS
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 05-27-2004, 11:22 PM   #8
Creed_Defaultgirl
USER INFO »
Hmmm, why would you go to hell if you claim bankruptcy???? Even if it is a sin, wouldn't that be something Jesus died for? I don't read the bible much either, but my grandpa's a retired preacher, and I don't think I've ever even heard him say the word! LOL

Cute avie, Teri.
"...My beaten heart is in your hands, What I really need is shelter, And a chance to relearn love, Teach me all over, All over to relearn love, Show me again, So I can relearn love, The comfort of your arms around me, Your tender hands caress my head, I lay beside you, I'm not worthy..."
Relearn Love~Scott Stapp
Old 05-27-2004, 11:28 PM   #9
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedsister) I LOVE NON BIBLE READERS
That's good to hear because there are a lot of us here
Old 05-27-2004, 11:58 PM   #10
creedsister
USER INFO »
my thoughts

Well Well I Love This Thread, Money The Root Of All Evil And It Is, Nobody Can Live Without, And If Mankind Lived The Way They Should Have, We Would Not Need Money To Live In The First Place, My Saviours Dream For His People Was John Lennons IMAGINE": God Rest His Soul, But Mankind Screwed That Up Real Quick, IS started with Power Then Envy Then Greed, But I Live By This Without Money We Cant Buy Bread, But I Shall Not Leave By Bread Alone But Every Word That Procedith From The Mouth Of God, AND IF YOU LIVE BY EVERY WORD THAT PROCEDITH FROM THE MOUTH OF GOD, THATS EVERY WORD HELLO, Let me say it again, EVERY WORD, You will be feed you will be clothed you will be quinch you will be sheltered, Again Let Me Say EVERY WORD, Its Better To Give a penny From A pure Of Heart, Than To Give A Trillon Dollars With Regrets, Oh yes there our plenty of givers, For its written yes its better to give Than To Reicive, Which Today In This World, it means To Buy Your Way In To Heaven, Why Is It They Tv Evanglist Is Money Is Overflowing And Yes TBN Need More Money To Buy More Eye Make up And More Jewlery And To Pay Off More Guest, There Some Kid Outhere Whos Gonna Dye Because They Cant Aford To Have A Sugery,..Whats with that , ive seen folks dishing out money to these bastards and shold be given to were its need it, why they do that, DECIPTION, But There Way To Heaven, I Could Just Keep Going, I Wiil Zip It,,,Geesh I Forgot what this thread was about, Money Bankrupsty, thats what started me up,
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 05-28-2004, 12:02 AM   #11
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) That's good to hear because there are a lot of us here
I KNOW,
Old 05-28-2004, 12:08 AM   #12
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Old 05-28-2004, 12:24 AM   #13
creedsister
USER INFO »
word to yo mutha
Old 05-28-2004, 06:44 PM   #14
whitebird
USER INFO »
People use the threat of Hell for reasons of fear, and control, or to keep you following the direction they deem correct.

I was once told many years ago, by a Nun, that if I didn't wear a Kleenix on my head to go into church ( I had forgotten my head covering) I would go to hell.

I once decided that if I ever wrote a book about my experiences with the Catholic church, I would entitle it "God Never Said I Had To Wear A Kleenix On My Head".

Too bad I wasn't brave enough to tell her that back then, she shamed us so badly. You see if you had enough money, you had one church purchased head covering for use on Sunday, and another one to leave at school to use while attending church during school.

I'm going to Hell for sure now Sister Stella Maris!!! I think of her ofter during allergy season.

Old 06-16-2004, 07:19 AM   #15
SandMan
USER INFO »
Well, I wouldn't say you are going to hell, but the consequences of Chapter 13, is that your credit will be ruined for approx. 7 years. You can't get anything on credit, which is not a bad thing..just makes it tough on you.

If your bills aren't too bad you can file for Chapter 11 which is like debt consolidation, you go to court and a judge combines all your debts into one payment minus any interest.

It is a little hellish when you have to stand up in front of a judge and about 100 people and say yes, your honor...I spent and spent and now I can't pay my bills..I'm sorry, but I was irresponsible and I have learned my lesson, please take them away ...sir. LOL...and then your free to go..and the judge..slaps you on the wrist and tells you don't do it again.

There are certain consequences to choices, that can sometimes be the hell part of it.

Last edited by SandMan : 06-16-2004 at 07:22 AM.