++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 10-12-2007, 04:36 PM   #1
creedmarine81
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
puddle of mudd and nirvana

sorry fans of puddle of mudd but to be honest do they not irritate so much because of their sound, the singers voice and style.. they are 100 % copycat of cobain and nirvana....... puddle of mudd singer if ya seen the videos trys to copy cobain so much its ridiculous.. sorry but pom suck! Cobain was da man of grunge!
Old 10-12-2007, 04:38 PM   #2
J.T.
USER INFO »
Re: puddle of mudd and nirvana

Think this belongs in the general music thread...but I only like one song of POM's, which is Blurry.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:22 PM   #3
The Lithium
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by creedmarine81) sorry fans of puddle of mudd but to be honest do they not irritate so much because of their sound, the singers voice and style.. they are 100 % copycat of cobain and nirvana....... puddle of mudd singer if ya seen the videos trys to copy cobain so much its ridiculous.. sorry but pom suck! Cobain was da man of grunge!
How is this Alter Bridge related?

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 10-12-2007, 07:35 PM   #4
Agent D
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) How is this Alter Bridge related?

Yeah, wrong forum, friend...although I agree, they're a horrible band.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:21 PM   #5
Scorpion King
USER INFO »

I really don't like either band. And yeah, Blurry is really the only song from POM that I like. Nirvana does nothing for me. Alice In Chains is the greatest band to come out of the grunge revolution.

I will say this, though. It's kind of hypocritical on a Creed forum to be accusing other post-grunge bands of ripping off grunge bands.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:11 PM   #6
HeavensOnFire
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Scorpion King) I really don't like either band. And yeah, Blurry is really the only song from POM that I like. Nirvana does nothing for me. Alice In Chains is the greatest band to come out of the grunge revolution.

I will say this, though. It's kind of hypocritical on a Creed forum to be accusing other post-grunge bands of ripping off grunge bands.
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA blurry was good song i liked it a lot haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa yes they would be hypocritical
When NO One Else Can Understand Me When Everything I Do Is Wrong You Give Hope And Consolation You Give Me Strength To Carry On, And Your Always There To Lend A Hand In Everything I Do That The Wonder The WONDER Of You And When You Smile The World Is Brighter YOU Touch My Hand And Im Queen Your KISS To Me Is Worth A Fourtune Your Love For Me Is Everything I,ll Guess I,ll Never Know The Reason Why You Love As You Do Thats Just The Wonder The Wonder Of You
Old 10-13-2007, 07:42 PM   #7
guitardude1985
USER INFO »

I never understood why puddle of mudd got and still gets alot of crap. Sure, they are not the most revolutionary band that has come to pass but they got some pretty decent tunes like spin you around.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:37 PM   #8
RMadd
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) How is this Alter Bridge related?

Easy: they're wayyyyyyyy better than Puddle of Mudd, and not as depressing as Nirvana.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:40 PM   #9
RMadd
USER INFO »

But, since we're talking about it, I too am not a big fan of either band. I've just never been able to listen to more than a single Nirvana song at a time (and most often, even that's too much: if I hear them on the radio, I always change the station). Puddle of Mudd, as their name implies, is fairly dull and lifeless. I used to like one of their songs (so much so that I actually bought Life on Display... at least that's what I think it is), but I honestly can't remember what it is. Oh, and their lead singer looks like he's trying to be just as depressed as Kurt Cobain.

Old 10-16-2007, 02:52 AM   #10
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

I love Nirvana, but I can't stand Puddle of Crud...Wes cannot sing, period...anyway, moving this to Music Matters.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:37 AM   #11
bilal
USER INFO »

I guess its easier now for people to say that they don't find much in Nirvana...but honestly, they were the revolutionary band.... and well, I think Nirvana has some great lyrics... at least i still do listen to the MTV unplugged session of Nirvana every now and then... its just simply simple and yet brilliant....

Puddle of Mudd... i think life on display was a good album... had some good acoustic work on some of the songs, nothing left to loose wasn't a bad single too.... their earlier album was fair enough too... the fact that the singer copies Cobain isn't that much imposing if you take them as a mainstream band with a different gener of music....
Old 10-16-2007, 06:42 PM   #12
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Agreed on Nirvana Unplugged. That one is in my top 3 Unplugged CDs, with AIC and Clapton being my other two favorites.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:47 PM   #13
Scorpion King
USER INFO »

Yeah, they revolutionized the rock world, and I don't dislike everything that they've done, but by and large, they just strike me as boring. The other grunge bands strike me as much better.

About the unplugged album, I haven't looked up the Nirvana one, but I've heard that the AIC Unplugged is indeed amazing.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:37 PM   #14
HeavensOnFire
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Scorpion King) Yeah, they revolutionized the rock world, and I don't dislike everything that they've done, but by and large, they just strike me as boring. The other grunge bands strike me as much better.

About the unplugged album, I haven't looked up the Nirvana one, but I've heard that the AIC Unplugged is indeed amazing.
yes it is amazing thats how you know when it good is hearing it unplugged before everything else drowns out the birth
When NO One Else Can Understand Me When Everything I Do Is Wrong You Give Hope And Consolation You Give Me Strength To Carry On, And Your Always There To Lend A Hand In Everything I Do That The Wonder The WONDER Of You And When You Smile The World Is Brighter YOU Touch My Hand And Im Queen Your KISS To Me Is Worth A Fourtune Your Love For Me Is Everything I,ll Guess I,ll Never Know The Reason Why You Love As You Do Thats Just The Wonder The Wonder Of You