++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-24-2009, 12:21 AM   #16
josha31042
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: *The Official "Full Circle" Reviews Thread*

I'm not going to take the time to sum up every song in detail.
I can sum it up in one word; ....HOLY ****

Anyway, the album is the best they've done, as far as I'm concerned.
They have never released an album that I could listen to from start to finish without skipping a track or two, here and there.
I can listen to this one all the way through a thousand times,
and it probably won't get old. The only real complaints I have about the album, are as follows.

1. Fear - A very, very, very good song.......
If you listen carefully to Stapp's voice after the second chorus, you will hear his voice strain for a couple of seconds. Sounds like he needed to clear his throat before he continued. I could almost bet my life that it was a mistake to let that part in on the album. Maybe there was no time left to fix it, I don't know. But after the part where he whispers "change", listen carefully....you will probably hear it. I picked it up on my first listen through, and I wasn't trying to spot anything. His voice has been that way a lot of times during acoustic radio performances.

2. Scott - Scott did an absolutely amazing job with
the vocals for this album.
He still lacks compared to days of old....some, not so old......but, the guy sounds fantastic.
He definately poured his heart and soul into these vocals.
I am satisfied. Great job Stapp.

My one gripe about his vocals, excluding the one mentioned in Fear, is when he sounds kind of like a ticked off Jack Russel Terrier at the end of "Good Fight". "Fight on!" It was a little much. Could have been great if it wasn't so sharp and forced.

3. A Thousand Faces - Epic song. If Tremonti's background vox was as loud as they were live, it'd be even better.

4. Full Circle - Great song. Just kind of sounded better live, musically. The beat is a bit louder live.
Also, when Stapp sings, "second chances bring another impression", he throws an 'h' in the word chances.

5. Production - Howard Benson did do a great job with this album. However, I am not a fan of the way he and Chris Lord-Alge use compression. They do pretty much the same thing with each album they work on. Yeah, it's in your face......but it kills alot of dynamics in the music. Sometimes, it even blends all the guitars into one big unrecognizeable mess.
Sure....there's some guitars in there...somewhere....

Too much compression is a bad thing. Especially if you can notice compression on the vocals, audibly turning them up and down dramatically.

I will not go so far as to say that I wish they had picked someone else, because it is a FANTASTIC work of art, but I hope they return to Kurzweg one day.

Everything they did with Kurzweg had the perfect clean rock sound, with heavy driven guitars, and lighter compression. It was the perfect "creed" sound. Kurzweg reminded me of Bob Rock in some ways.

All that being said, I honestly think it is their best all around album to date. Away In Silence is an amazing song....if that song doesn't move you, I don't know what will.

Stapp really wrote some of the best lyrics he has ever penned in his life, on this album. The boys have really created a masterpiece this time.

It was worth the wait.
Welcome back, Creed.

Last edited by josha31042 : 10-24-2009 at 12:53 AM.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:12 PM   #17
Buried And Gone
USER INFO »

I am rather disapointed with this album. After Overcome and rain came out I was really excited for the album. This really does almost sound like an alter bridge album (Fear, Suddenly, A Thousand Faces). If this was a bands debut album that came out this year. It would be beyond amaing. But it's not, it's a Creed album. I find most if it to be rather cut and paste aswell. Where are the "Wash Away Those Years", "Wrong Way" and "Faceless Man" of this album? Also, I have been on here defending Scott Stapp against all the haters, but holy jesus he is not very good anymore. The album is good, but it was wayyyyy too rushed and Howard Benson is not a good producer, why they didn't go with John is a mystery. Most of the songs are good. but only 2 are great, and its a Creed album so 12 should have been great, plus 5 great Bsides.
Old 10-24-2009, 01:07 PM   #18
nickmiller71
USER INFO »

My least favorite song from the album has to be "Fear". I'm sure I'll end up liking it over time, it will just take awhile...
Old 10-24-2009, 02:56 PM   #19
pricey.21
USER INFO »

Listening to it at the moment and loving it! Doesn't sound much like previous Creed albums but a bands sound changes over time.
Old 10-24-2009, 02:57 PM   #20
pricey.21
USER INFO »

And as for Fear..... it's an awesome song!
Old 10-24-2009, 04:48 PM   #21
Creed009
USER INFO »

I downloaded it and tried to play it, but it wouldn't work. It said that Windows Media Player won't play a "rar" file.
Old 10-24-2009, 05:36 PM   #22
nagpo
USER INFO »

I went to youtube and decided to cheat a little. I heard "Bread of Shame" and "Fear".

...This is mostly just a first impression of the song(s), since i've only heard them twice and youtube isnt the greatest quality: These two songs are kinda weak. I like Fear the least. Bread of shame is all right, it sounds to much like overcome(vocally). But then again, I didint like Rain at first either, now I do.

Both of those songs really needed solos instead of stapp singing over the guitar. I was dissapointed in that the most. The songs didint really go anywhere.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:02 PM   #23
alitea
USER INFO »

Here is my review. Same as the review I did on the other board.

So I finally found a way to hear the album. No downloading or anything like that. I must say I absolutely it.

I listened to Time, Away In Silence and On My Sleeve al in a row and was practically in tears. Such emotional songs, so beautiful.

Time- This is such a beautiful song. I knew I was going to love it the moment I heard the 30 second preview. The lyrics really move me. The song is heart-breaking and I love it. Really great guitar work too.

Away In Silence- Really a beautiful song. Diferent from the Creed of past, since it is a love song. Mark's backing vocals were a nice touch.

On My Sleeve- "It only hurts to breath" awww beautiful. I love the music in this song. The violins are a really nice touch.

Full Circle- I know some people say it has a country feel. I personally think it is more bluesy. I like it. A nice change for Creed.

1000 Faces- What can I say that has not already been said. Great song. I knew I would love it because I heard the live version.

Bread Of Shame- This song has great rythem. The lyrics are interesting to say the least. "Just promise fame, I'll survive on this bread of shame." Great song.

Good Fight- I really like this song. Much better than the 30 second preview.

Fear- Awesome song. I love the music. Really nice guitar riffs here too.

Song You Sing- Inspirational and deep lyrics. Great song. I am certain that the words that the guys write will keep calling throughout the years, I love them.

Suddenly- More awesome guitar riffs. I wonder where the inspiration for the lyrics came from. Great song.

All in all I loved the album. There is not one song that I do not like. My favorites are Time, Away In Silence and On My Sleeve. I love all of them though. I think that Scott sounded great throughout. I love his voice. Mark, Brian, Flip and Erock are also incredible. The music is literally just as enjoyable as the lyrics. Great job Creed. I cannot wait to buy my own copies.

I have loved Creed and AB. I do not see how anyone could not like this abum. It is truely incredible.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:08 PM   #24
nagpo
USER INFO »

^Erock is not on the album. He is just a touring member.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:13 PM   #25
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Buried And Gone) I am rather disapointed with this album. After Overcome and rain came out I was really excited for the album. This really does almost sound like an alter bridge album (Fear, Suddenly, A Thousand Faces). If this was a bands debut album that came out this year. It would be beyond amaing. But it's not, it's a Creed album. I find most if it to be rather cut and paste aswell. Where are the "Wash Away Those Years", "Wrong Way" and "Faceless Man" of this album? Also, I have been on here defending Scott Stapp against all the haters, but holy jesus he is not very good anymore. The album is good, but it was wayyyyy too rushed and Howard Benson is not a good producer, why they didn't go with John is a mystery. Most of the songs are good. but only 2 are great, and its a Creed album so 12 should have been great, plus 5 great Bsides.

So, you're against them evolving? One of the reason why Creed has been a laughing stock in the past is because their singles were considered cheesey and musically mediocre. In my opinion, they now sound like a band with something to prove.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:19 PM   #26
alitea
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) ^Erock is not on the album. He is just a touring member.

Oh ok. I thought I had read something about him coming into the studio with the band. Maybe not. Thanks for the correction.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:22 PM   #27
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) So, you're against them evolving? One of the reason why Creed has been a laughing stock in the past is because their singles were considered cheesey and musically mediocre. In my opinion, they now sound like a band with something to prove.
Totally agree.

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:56 PM   #28
J-Man
USER INFO »

The new Creed album is sick!!! I heard it on YouTube and I will definitely buy the new CD on Monday.

The best songs are: Time, On My Sleeve, Away In Silence and Fear

The rest of the songs are very good too. Great job, Creed!
Old 10-24-2009, 08:29 PM   #29
Creed009
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by J-Man) The new Creed album is sick!!! I heard it on YouTube and I will definitely buy the new CD on Monday.

The best songs are: Time, On My Sleeve, Away In Silence and Fear

The rest of the songs are very good too. Great job, Creed!

How did you hear it on Youtube?
Old 10-24-2009, 08:33 PM   #30
pricey.21
USER INFO »

Dark knight is my hero!