++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 12-10-2004, 06:06 PM   #31
JenRN
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
How horrible this all was. It amazes me what people will do with obsession. I can only imagine how security will change in nightclubs now. Went I saw AB in October I walked right in, talked to them all while they were doing soundcheck. Not one security guard was around or anything. It was unreal. I felt like "holy crap I am allowed to be in here?" they did not have any metal detector or anything. It is really sad this had to happen. I agree with Dogstar what the hell is wrong with people?!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 12-10-2004, 08:56 PM   #32
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
really??? At my AB concert i was Patted down and everything... I'm glad the Security around here is really good... all the venues i've been to in the area have really good security...

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 12-11-2004, 01:34 AM   #33
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
headbangers ball

You know what tho, this situation deserves MTV coverage as well as MTV2. MTV2 is the red-headed step child of the music industry. This needs to be thrown all over the airwaves. This is not how you treat one of the most influential guitarists of all time. Dimebag is a hero in the eyes of people who dont even really appreciate thrash metal. I was never a thrash metal person, but i 1000000000% respected dimebag darrell as a guitarist because he could shred like no one else. I always liked anything that dimebag had to do because he was just a crazy, balls to the wall guitarist. I just dont like how the media is handling it. hell, NBC covered it more than MTV, and NBC is to music what Marilyn Manson is to children books, they dont mix.

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 12-11-2004, 04:58 AM   #34
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Here in London we had good security stuff...not in Manchester....
I don´t want to think something bad can happen to them. That`s why i pray for them.
Old 12-11-2004, 11:42 AM   #35
revisfoot
USER INFO »
I know this is huge in the guitar community, so I just have a message to the rest of my guitar playing brothers and sisters: we will do what Dimebag would want us to do, and that is to keep playing and writing. All musicians, all of us, no matter if you play guitar, bass, piano, clarinet, whatever, let's continue playing, continue writing. That's what Dimebag would have wanted.
Old 12-12-2004, 11:20 AM   #36
luvscott4ever
USER INFO »
I know I read in one of the numberous reports on the radio station I listen to (thank god they care!!) that I guess it's the bands that will or will not request what kind of security there is. I know when we went to the Korn concert a couple of weeks ago, they just waved us through...didn't even give us a second glance...Hey, I know I look unthreatening, but god, you never know!!! I know I also read another report that they don't seem to think that the security procedures will change that much, ever after this horrible tragedy!! This just totally amazes me!! Go Figure!!

I'll give you everything I am, And still fall short of what you've done for me..Creed (what I would say to Creed, if given a chance)

Is she not right? Is she insane?..(They must be singing about me!! lol) Disturbed
Old 12-12-2004, 11:27 AM   #37
luvscott4ever
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) They were having a radiothon to raise money for food kitchens in Philly and such and it was a request-athon type thing. So who calls in but David Draiman from Disturbed. He talked about Dimebag and said the sweetest things about him. He talked about what a big heart Dimebag had and how he wasn't happy unless everyone around him was having as good a time as he was. He loved life, people and playing the guitar. You could tell Draiman was really upset. It made me cry, listening to him.

I just love him!! (David Draiman) I just wonder how Sully of Godsmack took all of this, I know they were really good friends. I have a Godsmack dvd with footage of Sully messing around with the Pantera guys!! I know I read alot of really great comments from other rockers, what a bunch of really great people!! I think I was most impressed with what Lars Ulrich had to say...And last but not least I actually feel for one of our DJ's, Thursday you could hear in his voice just how upset he was!! He's usually pretty out there, but not Thursday!! I've only just gotten into Damageplan and was soo in awe of Dimebag when I watched him play 3 short weeks ago...He will be GREATLY MISSED!! RIP and Rock On Always!!!

I'll give you everything I am, And still fall short of what you've done for me..Creed (what I would say to Creed, if given a chance)

Is she not right? Is she insane?..(They must be singing about me!! lol) Disturbed
Old 12-12-2004, 12:19 PM   #38
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by luvscott4ever) I just wonder how Sully of Godsmack took all of this, I know they were really good friends.
Yeah... same w/ Zakk Wylde, He and Darrell were best friends. They were on many an Ozzfest Tour together...

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 12-12-2004, 12:22 PM   #39
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Jerry Cantrell was also close to Dimebag. They did that Ashes to Ashes song for the Punisher soundtrack over the Thanksgiving Day holiday last year.
Old 12-12-2004, 12:24 PM   #40
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Yeah... DIme had so many Friends it's really quite a testament on what kind of guy he was...

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 12-12-2004, 12:26 PM   #41
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yeah, and almost everyone who was quoted said Dimebag always had a smile for everyone. Jerry called him a deep soul and was flabbergasted that anyone could have a beef with him.
Old 12-12-2004, 12:54 PM   #42
Trimontana
USER INFO »
http://www.kwod.net/music_news/

Sunday, December 12, 2004
Far Beyond Missed
Members of Korn and Deftones are among the musicians expressing grief over Wednesday's horrific murder of Damageplan/ex-Pantera guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott. "Darrell and Pantera were one of the main reasons I joined a metal band," says Korn frontman Jonathan Davis. "Korn is truly shaken." Meanwhile, Megadeth frontman Dave Mustaine will host an MTV2 Headbanger's Ball tribute to Dimebag that will premiere Saturday (Dec. 11) at 10 p.m. ET.
mtv.com

http://www.krzr.com/script/headline_...ve&feed_id=122
Shooter Blames Guitarist For Breaking Up Pantera

Click here to see pictures of one of Damageplan's most recent performances.

Click here to hear chilling 911 calls from the scene.
The gunman who killed Darrell "Dimebag" Abbott and three others at an Ohio concert reportedly blamed the guitarist for breaking up his favorite band, Pantera.

Nathan Gale, 25, jumped onto the stage Wednesday at the Alrosa Villa in Columbus and shot Abbott as he and his new band, Damageplan, were performing.

Screaming, "You broke up Pantera," Gale fired five shots into Abbott, 38, witnesses told the New York Daily News Friday. He also killed a bodyguard and two fans before a police officer killed him with a single shot.

Abbott and his brother, drummer Vinnie Paul Abbott, were original members of Pantera, one of the most popular metal bands in the 1990s. Conflicts with singer Phil Anselmo, though, drove the Abbott brothers to leave Pantera last year and form Damageplan.

Gale, who idolized Anselmo and memorized Pantera's dark lyrics, was apparently bitter about the demise of his favorite group, the Daily News said.

Witnesses say they thought it was part of the act before realizing what was going on.

Damageplan was formed by Pantera founders Darrell and brother and drummer Vinnie Paul. They were scheduled to perform in Chicago Thursday night.

Damageplan drummer, Vinnie Paul, brother of "Dimebag" Darrell has released a statement saying, "With all his greatness and accomplishments on the guitar, DIME will be missed more for his giving personality, charisma, caring for others, love and most of all his HEART!! Twice as big as the state of TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!! DIME gave it all everyday to each and every one of us and our lives have forever been hollowed without him...Thanks to all of you for reaching out to us in this time of our immeasurable loss. REST IN PEACE BROTHER DIME!!!!!!"

About a month ago, the group was in Chicago to promote their new album, "New Found Power." Clear Channel's Andy Friedman had a chance to interview Paul and singer Pat Lachman:

Building on their Pantera roots:
HiBand | LoBand

Pat nailed the job of lead singer:
HiBand | LoBand

The bass player, Bob Zilla, is also a tattoo artist:
HiBand | LoBand

A Little More About Damageplan:

Dimebag Darrell and Vinnie Paul started forming up Damageplan in early 2003, soon after the demise of their previous band, thrash metal heroes Pantera.

The brothers began working on tracks at Dime's Dallas home studio, unsure of exactly what they'd do with the material, but determined to banish the bad taste of Pantera's awkward breakup.

Ex-Halford and -Diesel Machine guitarist (and full-time Dime pal) Pat Lachman heard the demos and expressed interest in singing for the project. While he'd never served as a frontman, Lachman's performances over the raw material were strong enough to land him the vocalist position.

The lineup was completed with the addition of local bassist Bob Kakaha, who was immediately dubbed Bob Zilla for his monstrous tone, and the quartet began hashing out the new material under the working title of New Found Power.

By October 2003, they'd decided on Damageplan, with New Found Power becoming the name of their Elektra debut.

The album dropped in February 2004 to considerable buzz, mostly from Pantera's existing fan base. Longtime fans weren't disappointed as New Found Power did echo Dime and Vinnie's previous work. But it moved in new directions, too, exploring more melodic post-grunge avenues and tinging its sound with slight elements of nu-metal's electronic throb.

Guests on the record included guitarist Zakk Wylde and Slipknot vocalist Corey Taylor; Damageplan spent most of January 2004 on a promotional tour before gearing up for an aggressive round of dates that spring and summer.

Click below to watch the video "Explode":
Real Player
Windows Media: 100k | 300k | 450k
QuickTime: 56k | 100k | 300k | 450k

Clear Channel's WTVN contributed to this report.

Top Photo Copyright Clear Channel News...All Other Copyright Getty Images

Bio Copyright All Music Guide

Last edited by Trimontana : 12-12-2004 at 02:12 PM.