++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Political Banter
Today's Posts «

Old 03-23-2006, 09:40 PM   #1
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Thousands march for immigrant rights

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/US/03/23....ap/index.html

I found it interesting because someone here said that theres no kind of discrimination with the latin people in U.S....
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 03-23-2006, 09:51 PM   #2
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »
Re: Thousands march for immigrant rights

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) http://edition.cnn.com/2006/US/03/23....ap/index.html

I found it interesting because someone here said that theres no kind of discrimination with the latin people in U.S....
Are you talk'n about me, huh?
I would love to find a place in the world with NO discrimination. It is everywhere so just be above it.
That's just one Americans(of latin kind) opinion

-Homer Simpson

Old 03-23-2006, 10:04 PM   #3
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) Are you talk'n about me, huh?
I would love to find a place in the world with NO discrimination. It is everywhere so just be above it.
That's just one Americans(of latin kind) opinion

Haha...actually I wasnt talking about you...

Believe me!

But anyway the 'person' said (and of course disagreed with me) in an old thread posted here that latins were treated as the same way of the americans are ..
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 03-24-2006, 05:42 AM   #4
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) Haha...actually I wasnt talking about you...

Believe me!

But anyway the 'person' said (and of course disagreed with me) in an old thread posted here that latins were treated as the same way of the americans are ..

That's not what I said. I said illegal immigrants from Latin America are treated like illegal immigrants from other parts of the world. There is no discrimination... but the majority of the illegal immigrants in this country are Hispanic. That's a fact... and most of them happen to arrive here from Mexico.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:42 AM   #5
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) That's not what I said. I said illegal immigrants from Latin America are treated like illegal immigrants from other parts of the world. There is no discrimination... but the majority of the illegal immigrants in this country are Hispanic. That's a fact... and most of them happen to arrive here from Mexico.

Oh!!! now Im remembering it: the 'person' is you...

Anyway you need to come back to read waht you said about legal immigrants being trated by US governement...
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 03-24-2006, 04:22 PM   #6
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) Oh!!! now Im remembering it: the 'person' is you...

Anyway you need to come back to read waht you said about legal immigrants being trated by US governement...

Tell me why people should be allowed to break our immigration laws? It doesn't matter who breaks those laws... they need to enter this country legally. We would love to have everybody in this country... and as a matter of fact, we basically do. If America was racist against Latinos... the demographics of Los Angeles, San Diego, New York, Miami, and so many other regions would look entirely different.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:54 PM   #7
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Tell me why people should be allowed to break our immigration laws? It doesn't matter who breaks those laws... they need to enter this country legally. We would love to have everybody in this country... and as a matter of fact, we basically do. If America was racist against Latinos... the demographics of Los Angeles, San Diego, New York, Miami, and so many other regions would look entirely different.

I wasnt talking about illegal ones...anyway...America is racist with latinos...
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 03-24-2006, 07:17 PM   #8
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) I wasnt talking about illegal ones...anyway...America is racist with latinos...
I'm going to agree with you! It's not that bad with being latin, just depends on where you live.
Racism can be alot more obvious if one happens to be black

-Homer Simpson

Old 03-24-2006, 07:33 PM   #9
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) I'm going to agree with you! It's not that bad with being latin, just depends on where you live.
Racism can be alot more obvious if one happens to be black

WOW!!!!!!! Are you agreeing with me and obviously disagreeing with Chase????? I cant believe it!!!!!!!!!!
LOL LOL

Seriously talking...Ive heard lots of stories about latins being humilated/mistreated in US...

Of course Chase will disagree (surprise??) because he lives in a city that is full of latins- near Mexico -and I suppose its very different from others areas...
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 03-24-2006, 07:51 PM   #10
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Yeah, racism is a part of life here(America). Such people are free to be as STUPID and backwards as they like.

-Homer Simpson

Old 03-25-2006, 12:48 AM   #11
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Tell me why people should be allowed to break our immigration laws? It doesn't matter who breaks those laws... they need to enter this country legally. We would love to have everybody in this country... and as a matter of fact, we basically do. If America was racist against Latinos... the demographics of Los Angeles, San Diego, New York, Miami, and so many other regions would look entirely different.

There's a big difference in what you (we all) say and what is actually happening. Yes, anyone who breaks the law should be dealt with accordingly, but these people are being treated as an infestation. You have to remember that they are here becaue they have to, not because they want to. These aren't middle-class citizens that are hoping to get rich or do better than they are. In latin america there is no poor, middle, and upper class. There are the poor and the rich. The social divide in most latin amercian countries is awful. These are the dirt poor, generations of scraping the bottom of the barrel, last ditch effort to actually be anything. Our poor and wellfare leeches are millionares compared to them.

This is how its going to be. As long as America is the land of opportinuty and as long as there are people that are in desprate need of help, they will come to this country. There is no way that you will ever stop the flow of immigrants. Even if you make things more difficult, desperation will only make them find new means to complete thier goals. Do you not remember what happened in Victoria Texas a few years ago? A trailer full of illegals was left in the 105 degree texas heat. They paid what -- about $1500 to $5000 a head just so they can provide thier family a new opportinuty only to be left there to die. This is just like drugs, a necessity for some and if you cut them off you will only be creating a black market. And the last thing anyone needs is a black market that includes human trafficing.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:35 AM   #12
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mulletman) There's a big difference in what you (we all) say and what is actually happening. Yes, anyone who breaks the law should be dealt with accordingly, but these people are being treated as an infestation. You have to remember that they are here becaue they have to, not because they want to. These aren't middle-class citizens that are hoping to get rich or do better than they are. In latin america there is no poor, middle, and upper class. There are the poor and the rich. The social divide in most latin amercian countries is awful. These are the dirt poor, generations of scraping the bottom of the barrel, last ditch effort to actually be anything. Our poor and wellfare leeches are millionares compared to them.

Your post has really good points but you made some confusion here: Actually ..You do have poor, middle and rich and Latin America. You know that Latin America refers to lots of countries in different levels, so you cant compare Brazil or Chile with Haiti.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Brazil
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_South_America
The big problem is that a few have too much and the majority has nothing ...
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 03-25-2006, 06:55 AM   #13
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) I wasnt talking about illegal ones...anyway...America is racist with latinos...

Are you referring to the American government? Or some Americans? I mean, I could make the argument that America is racist against Sicilians...
Old 03-25-2006, 08:56 AM   #14
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Are you referring to the American government? Or some Americans? I mean, I could make the argument that America is racist against Sicilians...

American governement and also the society.
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 03-25-2006, 01:52 PM   #15
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve

Interesting enough, this march happened in my hometown. It was all over the news and this is what I heard time and time again. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The reason for the march was to protest over a bill being proposed by some Wisconsin legislators that would give jail time to illegal immigrants. The purpose of the bill is to help aid in the prevention of illegal immigration. The penalty of jail time is supposed to deter you from coming illegally. According to the news reports, this type of law that is being propsed is actually in existance in several Latin American countries. If an American is found to be in one of those countries illegally, they can receive up to five years in jail (or something to that effect).

Personally, I support this idea. If we just allow anyone and everyone to come here whenever they choose, this country is going to become overcrowded very fast. We have laws in place, and everyone, no matter what race or religion you are, should have to abide by these laws.

On a side note: Unfortunately for my city, the march didn't get as much coverage as something of this magnitude would normally receive because several days before two young children went missing and most of the news coverage has been focused on that story. You can read about this story here:

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/US/03/23...ing/index.html

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"