++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 06-01-2010, 03:43 AM   #1
nagpo
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Needs more music videos

I always enjoy Creeds music videos. Rain was lackluster but I would like to see more. You guys agree?
Old 06-01-2010, 08:54 AM   #2
TheGreatDivide
USER INFO »
Re: Needs more music videos

agree, A Thousand Faces was a big let down and so was Overcome. Rain I didn't mind so much. I still think MOP is the best video so far
I swear I still believe though I don't know - Words Darker Then Their Wings
Old 06-01-2010, 04:18 PM   #3
My Sacrifice
USER INFO »

I agree. Maybe the lack of effort is due to the fact that Bullets did not do well. WU probably doesn't think it makes sense from a financial standpoint.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:24 PM   #4
Agent D
USER INFO »

The music videos off of Full Circle are abysmal. They might as well not do any videos at all.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:54 PM   #5
Stevensonart
USER INFO »

I think we will see some higher quality videos come out after the next album. An album in which they take a great deal more time to write and produce.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:05 PM   #6
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) The music videos off of Full Circle are abysmal. They might as well not do any videos at all.
my joy that flows from within .....
Old 06-01-2010, 11:28 PM   #7
Frankie
USER INFO »

The fans from Brazil submitted questions to Mark awhile back. Someone asked about videos. Here is the question with Mark's response.

Quote: Felipe Senna - Palhoça/SC: Specially in the Weathered album, Creed invested a lot in big productions for music videos. For Full Circle, those productions were way more modest. Do Creed have the intention to make big productions like the music video for “My Sacrifice” in the future? And how you see this kind of stuff in today’s music business?

Quote: Felipe Senna asked about the production of our music videos. I think the days of our huge production videos are over. I've always been a fan of performance videos and record labels just don't pay big money for videos anymore.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:50 PM   #8
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

If they don't have the budget I say just forget the videos... they're not really essential in making a band popular anymore anyway. Rain was an ok video but way too boring & "A Thousand Faces" is the one that really put it over the top with the most horrible editing I've ever seen in a live video (same with Overcome)... it was almost like they didn't even try.

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:08 AM   #9
troyhackney
USER INFO »

I agree; the Full Circle videos were terrible. I think Mark's comment hit the nail on the head; record labels (AKA WU) don’t pay enough for making videos anymore. The band was also pretty busy last year between the album and concerts, so not really a lot of time to make anything worth watching. I think the next album will produce some better videos as hopefully they will have more time to plan them. That being said, I think videos are becoming a thing of the past. Your typical place like MTV, at least the way I see it, is moving away from music videos (at least the amount of time given to them) in favor of “reality TV”.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:48 PM   #10
Agent D
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by troyhackney) That being said, I think videos are becoming a thing of the past. Your typical place like MTV, at least the way I see it, is moving away from music videos (at least the amount of time given to them) in favor of “reality TV”.

This is exactly it. With music channels not really being about music anymore, why would a record lable dump a large sum of money into the production of a video no one's going to see? The incentive for making a kick-ass video was that it would air on MTV constantly. Nowadays, that's certainly not the case. You have to search YouTube for music videos now and that's not worth the huge production of something like "My Sacrifice."
Old 06-03-2010, 08:37 PM   #11
Buried And Gone
USER INFO »

Yeah i'm with Jared. if you're not going to make something fantastic, don't make anything at all. The days of music videos on TV are over though, I live in Canada and from what I understand in the states it's just like it is up here. We have our one show at 5-6 pm that plays the same 10 pop songs that we hear on the radio 10 times an hour and then the rest of the day is reality shows and the ocasional countdown show that plays THE SAME SONGS that everybody has already heard. But I still think that you can make amazing music videos and for cheap too just for sites like youtube. Hell OK-GO got famous from a video of people running on treadmills.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:30 PM   #12
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Buried And Gone) Yeah i'm with Jared. if you're not going to make something fantastic, don't make anything at all. The days of music videos on TV are over though, I live in Canada and from what I understand in the states it's just like it is up here. We have our one show at 5-6 pm that plays the same 10 pop songs that we hear on the radio 10 times an hour and then the rest of the day is reality shows and the ocasional countdown show that plays THE SAME SONGS that everybody has already heard. But I still think that you can make amazing music videos and for cheap too just for sites like youtube. Hell OK-GO got famous from a video of people running on treadmills.
i agree a man if you can do it perfect, than why bother the video world Is In A Slump Its Number 1 Support Lets See Was The Music Channels That Play Music Video Now Sometimes being a creed fan you just miss their Orginal stuff And Amazing Visuals which i loved ....now the new ones reminds me OF the Way MOP video was shot from the first album... ROCK ON Peace Be With Us The tour Dates Are Finally up...