++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 07-01-2009, 10:33 PM   #1
believe
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
A few thoughts from a humble creed fan...

first, im glad i remembered my password! its been almost 7 years since i logged in here! and even before that, creed was a huge part of my life. i remember '97 listen to 'one' and thinking, his band is going to chage my life. and they did....

i finally got a change to see them in vegas in 2002, twice!.. and i actually met a few people from this message board as we waited in line for that show that morning!.. we all know things went sour with creed shortly after that.. and i felt that this thing called creed is truly over..

stapp did his solo thing, and i think i listened to the album once.. just not impressed.. all the while involved in drunken escapades with 311 and even a honeymoon stint at the airport? what was he thinking? and let me say i was and still am a huge fan..

anyway, alter bridge ive always thought was way more promising.. especially with blackbird.. to me, that album places a huge milestone on tremonis career.. finally acheiving what he wanted to musically, style wise.. and so on.. and it showed in the live performances.. i got a chance to see alter bridge last year and it was truly amazing.. mark was happy..

so i just checked out the videos from the AOL live sessions, and the recent fox performance.. and i just cant help but the WHY are they getting back together? they had a great thing back in the day.. but in the AOL sessions, only stapp seemed to be having fun.. in the interview mark sat there with his arms crossed... he did talk quite a bit, which i think speaks to his maturity.. but he and the rest of the band just didnt seem into it..

then with the fox performance.. first the sound engineer seemed to have screwed up.. there was a crackling noise there? i thought stapp came in early with the "when dreaming.." lyrics to higher.. but the band actually played a longer intro live.. so either they or he messed up .. i dunno?

anyway, stapp seems into this whole creed reunion because he has nothing professionally now.. hes still with windup and im sure they are behind it because of the money.. but tremonti and the guys have their own thing now.. and they are doing great! the only thing i can think of is tremonti has a hunger for that nestalgic day when CREED WAS PLAYING STADIUMS! when i saw alter bridge it was a smaller (but packed) show.. just a different vibe than the packed stadium glory days.. and that kinda takes my respect for tremonti down a notch.. and no offence to flip and marshall.. but they would follow tremonti to whatever end.. can i blame em? .. anyway.. i just dont know if i can respect that decision.. and i dont think i will even see creed on tour.. i think ive seen enough to see what its all about..

im sure i will give full circle a listen, but i just get the feeling that alter bridge is so much more authentic.. i even got tremontis instructional dvd.. its great! and although creed made up part of who he is today.. hes matured and become much better with alter bridge.. so why go back??

anyway, sorry for the long post.. just felt i had to get some of my thoughts out there..

rock on!
Old 07-02-2009, 01:36 AM   #2
in reality
USER INFO »
Re: A few thoughts from a humble creed fan...

I've been a fan since Weathered came out in 2001. So I think that was a top notch cd and am glad the band that made it is back together. It's good to have a band I really like to be in the process of getting a new cd out. Enough for me anyway. I hope they all enjoy it even moreso this time around.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:15 AM   #3
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

All I'll say is give it time. They wouldn't do it unless they we're comfortable with it all and the fact that Mark says they're intending to keep both bands going tells me they're having fun with this. As far as the AOL sessions, you can't expect much anyway...no audience, no energy etc. BUT it did look like they we're having a good time if you ask me.

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:23 AM   #4
adparaiki
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to adparaiki Send a message via MSN to adparaiki

look at marks face when the play MOP live when Stapp really gets into it Mark gets into it. I think they are enjoying it and I think the reunion and their feelings are sincere in wanting to be creed again.

Stapp looks really powerful now and his vocals seem to be better than when he went solo.

Anyway creed reforming is the best thing thats happened to me
Old 07-02-2009, 09:42 AM   #5
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dark_Knight) All I'll say is give it time. They wouldn't do it unless they we're comfortable with it all and the fact that Mark says they're intending to keep both bands going tells me they're having fun with this. As far as the AOL sessions, you can't expect much anyway...no audience, no energy etc. BUT it did look like they we're having a good time if you ask me.
Looking Foward To Audience Looking Forward To Energy yes everybody comfortable Peace
Old 11-03-2009, 09:37 PM   #6
believe
USER INFO »
Creed Regis and Kelly 10.27.09

Well, I did see them perform "rain" on the show and Scott just sounded flat and bad.. it pains me to say that, but that's my opinion.

but it was cool to see the former Submersed guitarist there.. he rocks!

I will still buy the album because I pretty much buy all of Tremonti's stuff, but anyway, this is dissapointing
Old 11-03-2009, 09:44 PM   #7
Creedture
USER INFO »

I wonder if playing some of the older songs like they were doing on the tour while it was refreshing and nice to get back into, I can imagine it was a bit of hinderance,too. All the memories and everything, ya know? I bet playing the newer stuff, which is mostly geared toward Scott's progress will give them some fresh air. They definitely aren't being forced to be back together, ya know?
Old 11-04-2009, 09:17 AM   #8
00iceman
USER INFO »

So wait a minute, no offense, but you come back after 7 years and put up this long post about how you aren't sure of the reunion, Alter Bridge is more authentic, blah blah - and you haven't even gone to a Creed concert this year or listened to the new album yet? Sure you're entitled to your opinion, but don't be judging the band today based on the media and a few YouTube clips. I could go into detail about why you're wrong in your perception but it's pointless if you haven't even listened to the new album or seen them live. Matter of fact, you should also watch the DVD footage that comes with the Walmart CD/DVD combo. I think your perception will change.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:44 PM   #9
believe
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by 00iceman) So wait a minute, no offense, but you come back after 7 years and put up this long post about how you aren't sure of the reunion, Alter Bridge is more authentic, blah blah - and you haven't even gone to a Creed concert this year or listened to the new album yet? Sure you're entitled to your opinion, but don't be judging the band today based on the media and a few YouTube clips. I could go into detail about why you're wrong in your perception but it's pointless if you haven't even listened to the new album or seen them live. Matter of fact, you should also watch the DVD footage that comes with the Walmart CD/DVD combo. I think your perception will change.

Honestly, I'm not the only one. See:

this post
and
this one

About the CD: I was excited when I heard "overcome", but he can't pull it off live. It's sad. I'm sure the rest of the album sounds great, but as others have said, it's all "studio magic". You can make anyone sound good these days.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:31 AM   #10
BSC
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by believe) Honestly, I'm not the only one. See:

this post
and
this one

About the CD: I was excited when I heard "overcome", but he can't pull it off live. It's sad. I'm sure the rest of the album sounds great, but as others have said, it's all "studio magic". You can make anyone sound good these days.

How many videos of Overcome live have you watched before making this judgement?

I've seen many live Overcome videos, and I admit. Some of them, he screws up on. It's not as bad as you're making it out.