++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-30-2005, 01:32 AM   #46
ctfan
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Even more proof of what a douche bag Stapp is...

A friend of mine who knows the guys in 311 called me to tell me that Stapp had a “run in” with them on Friday. Apparently Stapp was staying in Baltimore, MD with his girlfriend (I believe her family lives there). Well the guys in 311 had shows in MD the night before and after Thanksgiving and were staying in the same hotel Stapp was. The guys in 311 were at the bar with their girlfriends and Stapp came in with his girlfriend. So Stapp was already off his mind and decided to start with the guys in 311. He said to their girlfriends, something along the lines of “Why are you with them when you could be with me. I sold 30 million records you know." Now mind you this was all said in front of his girlfriend as well. So they decided to take this outside, but before they did that Stapp offered to buy the guy a shot before they headed outside, and on the way to the bar he sucker punched him. After that a fight broke out between him and the guys. All the while Stapp’s girlfriend kept apologizing and saying “He gets like this, he mentally abuses people, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.”

I don’t know how hurt Stapp was. I believe the drummer broke his hand because his hand was in a cast at the Atlanta show they did on Saturday. Considering Stapp is going Regis and Kelly tomorrow this should be interesting to see.

ETA - Please see page 3 for explaination on who broke their hand. Photo is included.

Quote: Just one quick thing. I will apologize for 1 thing. I originally wrote I believed it was the drummer who broke his hand. I am probably wrong on that. I wasn't told which one it was. I just assumed it was the drummer because after I heard what happened I went to see if I could find photos of the show from the next day. I saw a photo of one of the members and he had his hand in a cast. I thought it was the drummer because I saw pictures of the lead singer and guitarist and they were okay. I have no clue who any of the guys in 311 are. I think I know maybe 4 311 songs total. It probably is that DJ guy. Here's the photo that I saw anyway.

[image noborder]http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/3365/g431121jl.jpg[/image]

Okay I just looked at it again. I am a dumbass. The drummer is freaking sitting behind his kit!!! . Sorry about the confusion. I AM Mr. Magoo. I should have worn my glass

Also while it may be hard to believe it really isn't so far fetched. I have been told of another few incidents witnessed first hand by band members that have toured with Creed. A few of them never made it to the internet and I never posted out of respect for them because I was asked not to, but they were all true. This time I was told it was okay.

That ^^^ is one of the most bogus, bucket of crap filled stories I've ever heard, and I'm lmao at it too. No news articles of the altercation, no comments by 311 on it, no buzz about it by any of their fans either. Just a freakin pic of a band member with a cast on his hand.

Wow, how sad and pathetic another "I heard from somebody who heard from somebody else that someone saw somebody else overhear something somebody said."

And the simple fact that it came from the abb.net board....doesn't surprise me one bit.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:38 AM   #47
sina2b
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) That ^^^ is one of the most bogus, bucket of crap filled stories I've ever heard, and I'm lmao at it too. No news articles of the altercation, no comments by 311 on it, no buzz about it by any of their fans either. Just a freakin pic of a band member with a cast on his hand.

Wow, how sad and pathetic another "I heard from somebody who heard from somebody else that someone saw somebody else overhear something somebody said."

And the simple fact that it came from the abb.net board....doesn't surprise me one bit.

someone just wrote what they heard, they havent stated if its a fact or not. He/She clearly mentioned at the first line that ive heard this from .....
Old 11-30-2005, 01:40 AM   #48
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by johellion) REALLY HE HAS BEEN CALLED AN ASS ALOT LONGER THAN THAT....STAPP NEEDS TO RESPOND!!! HE HAS ALREADY BEEN CAUGHT IN A BUNCH OF LIES!!! THEY NEED TO HAVE A MARK,BRIAN, AND FLIP SOUND OFF WITH STAPP FACE TO FACE....HEHEHE I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE ONE WITH HIM!!! I WANNA KNOW WHY HE DID SOME THINGS TO ME, AND MY FAMILY PERSONALLY, AS WELL AS WHY HE DID HIS "BROTHERS" AS HE CALLED THEM THE WAY HE DID

NOW BACK TO REGIS AND KELLY....hIS VOICE IS NOT AS CLEAR, AND THEY SOUNDED LIKE CREED!!! END OF STORY!!! SCOTT NEEDS TO DO STRICTLY A SOLO ALBUM..NOT WITH A BAND..,ACOUSTICAL, SOMETHING.....SOLO DOES MEAN ....LET ME GET MY DICTIONARY...SHIT..I CAN'T FIND IT....BUT YOU WOULD NOT HAVE TO BE A ROCKET SCIENTIST TO KNOW ...SOLO..MEANS YOURSELF....WHAT KILLS ME IS HE HAS A BAND....AND THE ALBUM IS CALLED SCOTT STAPP..THE GREAT DIVINE...NO MENTION OF THE BAND BY REGIS, OR LENO, HAVEN'T LOOKED AT THE ALBUM COVER YET...AND PROBABLY WILL NOT, CAUSE I AM NOT GONNA BUY IT!!!

Ummm, so what...you want he should sing and perform with no band?

And I'll say again, you claim they sound like Creed right. Well, if they sound like them, then it would stand to reason that maybe Mark wasn't the musical genius everyone thinks he is. I mean, if it's that easy to replicate the sound. So does that make Mark less talented...or Stapp a better one.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:49 AM   #49
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by sina2b) someone just wrote what they heard, they havent stated if its a fact or not. He/She clearly mentioned at the first line that ive heard this from .....

Ooopsy, gotcha on that one dude. Look at the very, very beginning.

Quote: Even more proof of what a douche bag Stapp is...
Old 11-30-2005, 01:51 AM   #50
Chase
USER INFO »
Is there a video of this performance circulating yet?
Old 11-30-2005, 02:26 AM   #51
sina2b
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) Ummm, so what...you want he should sing and perform with no band?

And I'll say again, you claim they sound like Creed right. Well, if they sound like them, then it would stand to reason that maybe Mark wasn't the musical genius everyone thinks he is. I mean, if it's that easy to replicate the sound. So does that make Mark less talented...or Stapp a better one.

Scott even mentioned in a recent interview that mark is a genius music wise, if scott says that about mark, then believe in that fact that he is.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:28 AM   #52
Creed7352
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) They are to me. There were people at the taping who had their picture taken with the guy himself...I haven't seen her say anything about his looking like he had been beat up.

i was just saying that someone there would've seen his face when they were showing the drummer on t.v...and would've seen his reaction.

i didn't hear that stapp reacted that way myself so i was just tossing up some possiblities.

also, you can get punched in the face and not get a black eye or bruise. i got in a fight when i was younger and the guy i fought with punched me in the face before i beat his ass and i didn't get bruised or a black eye...and he broke his hand too cause he punched me at the wrong angle.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:38 AM   #53
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) That ^^^ is one of the most bogus, bucket of crap filled stories I've ever heard, and I'm lmao at it too. No news articles of the altercation, no comments by 311 on it, no buzz about it by any of their fans either. Just a freakin pic of a band member with a cast on his hand.

For once, I agree with you
Old 11-30-2005, 02:42 AM   #54
sina2b
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) Ooopsy, gotcha on that one dude. Look at the very, very beginning.

why isnt it clear for people that this guy has issues? for example the issue with his Dr. and how proud he is that the Dr.s license is revoked and how his "past" issues is all his fault. How stupid would you be to go on hardcore medications from a "Rock'n'roll" Dr. (according to his own words) for about a year and then realize it has side effects; and then blame it on him???.

I got a medical marijuana prescription from a Dr. who i paid $150 to issue it to me when i was 18. but do I blame the Dr. for all the marijuana i consumed at that time and the damage ive suffered from or not!! hell no unless theres something very wrong with me!
He constantly blames everybody for all his past/present issues. If he is so mentally mature (according to his songs) why the hell doesnt he take responsibilty for all the screw-ups hes made over time?? You know I can care less about scott but the fact that I see people adoring him (not you man) is really on my nurves. Cuz being stupid is one thing, but ignoring reality and supporting stupidity is another. This is all my oponion so i dont mean to offend any hardcore stapp fans, and for the pbf members who read this im glad i can say what goes on in my head without getting a bunch of meaningless obsessive replies in this forum and being banned , thanks admin
Old 11-30-2005, 02:47 AM   #55
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by sina2b) why isnt it clear for people that this guy has issues? for example the issue with his Dr. and how proud he is that the Dr.s license is revoked and how his "past" issues is all his fault. How stupid would you be to go on hardcore medications from a "Rock'n'roll" Dr. (according to his own words) for about a year and then realize it has side effects; and then blame it on him???.

I got a medical marijuana prescription from a Dr. who i paid $150 to issue it to me when i was 18. but do I blame the Dr. for all the marijuana i consumed at that time and the damage ive suffered from or not!! hell no unless theres something very wrong with me!
He constantly blames everybody for all his past/present issues. If he is so mentally mature (according to his songs) why the hell doesnt he take responsibilty for all the screw-ups hes made over time?? You know I can care less about scott but the fact that I see people adoring him (not you man) is really on my nurves. Cuz being stupid is one thing, but ignoring reality and supporting stupidity is another. This is all my oponion so i dont mean to offend any hardcore stapp fans, and for the pbf members who read this im glad i can say what goes on in my head without getting a bunch of meaningless obsessive replies in this forum and being banned , thanks admin
Unless you know the man personally, you don't have a clue about his so-called issues. Yes, there have been some less-than-flattering public displays of inappropriateness, but you don't know squat unless you know the man. And for someone who claims to care less about Scott Stapp, you spend an awful lot of time ripping the man's personal life here. You hardly EVER talk about the music. You seem more obsessed with his personal life than anything else. I'm not the man's biggest fan these days, either, but some of the unsubstantiated stuff you spew here is getting a bit old. And if it continues, you will be banned.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:21 AM   #56
sina2b
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Unless you know the man personally, you don't have a clue about his so-called issues. Yes, there have been some less-than-flattering public displays of inappropriateness, but you don't know squat unless you know the man. And for someone who claims to care less about Scott Stapp, you spend an awful lot of time ripping the man's personal life here. You hardly EVER talk about the music. You seem more obsessed with his personal life than anything else. I'm not the man's biggest fan these days, either, but some of the unsubstantiated stuff you spew here is getting a bit old. And if it continues, you will be banned.

Do you know hitler personally? would you say the same lines about hitler as well? if you do im sorry for you allready! if you dont; you just contradicted what you said so disregard the following lines as you have issues yourself.

I know enough to use my brain, and for your information ive mentioned several times how i like his voice and what he does but when his personal life is the topic I will state my oponion and yes this is mostly how my state of mind towards him is but then again its my personal oponion and it will continue as it is. If you are a moderator here please block me at the earliest if my way of thinking disturbs you and your board, if your not in charge please leave it to someone who really should worry about it and stay out of others business.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:21 AM   #57
Creed7352
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) Ummm, so what...you want he should sing and perform with no band?

sound like, yet it lacks the complex and bitchin' sounding riffs that mark writes...sounds like as in tone.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:07 AM   #58
facelessmike
USER INFO »
Even though I dont/didnt personally know either man, I dont buy the
Hitler:Scott Stapp analogy...just a bad argument imo

Fight or no fight it was a good performance and classic Stapp, although toned down from Leno and unfortunately shortened.
(Chase - its up now inside the pbf board)

The nature and history of Stapp will always invite debate about his personal life and personality, and even though I find it sometimes intriguing, I prefer to concentrate on the music. That said, I doubt it happened as described.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:17 AM   #59
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by sina2b) Do you know hitler personally? would you say the same lines about hitler as well? if you do im sorry for you allready! if you dont; you just contradicted what you said so disregard the following lines as you have issues yourself.
That makes no absolutely no sense.

Quote: I know enough to use my brain, and for your information ive mentioned several times how i like his voice and what he does but when his personal life is the topic I will state my oponion and yes this is mostly how my state of mind towards him is but then again its my personal oponion and it will continue as it is. If you are a moderator here please block me at the earliest if my way of thinking disturbs you and your board, if your not in charge please leave it to someone who really should worry about it and stay out of others business.

Your first posts here were unsubstantiated attacks on personal life in threads about his music. I'm a mod here, so yeah, this IS my business. I think you just want to stir the pot, since you repeat the same crap.
PPOR.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:23 AM   #60
facelessmike
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by sina2b) for the pbf members who read this im glad i can say what goes on in my head without getting a bunch of meaningless obsessive replies in this forum

Although an excellent fansite, youre not alone in thinking that at times it can be obsessive and rather irritating. I would say to say whatever you want here, but try to be reasonable and respectful of others' opinions as well. Sure, Scott has had or still does have some issues, as do we all, but what's the point of constantly dwelling on them? Despite that, I'm a fan of his for the music. Everything else is really pretty meaningless.

Last edited by facelessmike : 11-30-2005 at 04:28 AM.