++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-02-2005, 12:42 PM   #76
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I honestly hope he addresses it well on Rockline. We've heard 311's side, we've heard the unbiased observer's side(the Hotel security manager) and now all that's left is Stapp's side. We know that a fight occured between 311 and Stapp, so he better not try to deny that or else he's gonna make a fool of himself.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 12-02-2005, 01:09 PM   #77
Chase
USER INFO »
When two kids get in a fight... they will each say: "He/She started it!"

You have to take into account the security director's comment. I would listen to him OVER Stapp or 311... because he's a guy who probably deals with all sorts of things. Like celebrities, fights, drug use... etc.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:47 PM   #78
sina2b
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) When two kids get in a fight... they will each say: "He/She started it!"

You have to take into account the security director's comment. I would listen to him OVER Stapp or 311... because he's a guy who probably deals with all sorts of things. Like celebrities, fights, drug use... etc.

Since most stapp fans are so considerate of sorrounding issues, why dont they consider the fact that this is not the first time hes got himself into such issues, and its not only 311 whose accusing him of being an ass and drunk all the time right at this particular moment.

scottstappisadick.com , its a creed fan's site whose also a DJ at least from what I understood.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:57 PM   #79
titan9
USER INFO »
I don't think anyone is not considering the previous bar fight, the Chicago incident etc. when discussing this new thing. All I'm saying(and others) is that maybe 311 hasn't been completely truthful, maybe Stapp isn't as in the wrong as some are saying. I'm not saying that he should continue to go bars, continue to get drunk and make a fool of himself. All I'm saying is that I don't believe 311 has told the real truth, or else the security guy would have agreed with their story. I'd believe that guy before I believed one of the people involved in the fight, as like Chase pointed out, those involved will always say "he started it" when that may not always be the case. The security guy is unbiased; 311 might be biased and the same can be said for Stapp if/when he tells his side of the story.

Old 12-02-2005, 02:05 PM   #80
sina2b
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I don't think anyone is not considering the previous bar fight, the Chicago incident etc. when discussing this new thing. All I'm saying(and others) is that maybe 311 hasn't been completely truthful, maybe Stapp isn't as in the wrong as some are saying. I'm not saying that he should continue to go bars, continue to get drunk and make a fool of himself. All I'm saying is that I don't believe 311 has told the real truth, or else the security guy would have agreed with their story. I'd believe that guy before I believed one of the people involved in the fight, as like Chase pointed out, those involved will always say "he started it" when that may not always be the case. The security guy is unbiased; 311 might be biased and the same can be said for Stapp if/when he tells his side of the story.

Yes but how would the security guy possibly know what happended and who started the fight? Cause if hes was close enough to them, there wouldnt have been any fight at all.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:07 PM   #81
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I honestly hope he addresses it well on Rockline. We've heard 311's side, we've heard the unbiased observer's side(the Hotel security manager) and now all that's left is Stapp's side. We know that a fight occured between 311 and Stapp, so he better not try to deny that or else he's gonna make a fool of himself.
Wouldn't surprise me if WU bans any questions about it. Look what happened at that interview where he was set up. From all accounts, the WU people weren't too happy with that.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:08 PM   #82
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Wouldn't surprise me if WU bans any questions about it. Look what happened at that interview where he was set up. From all accounts, the WU people weren't too happy with that.

yeah, that's what WU did when Stapp was on wmms...the DJ was warned...
Old 12-02-2005, 02:08 PM   #83
titan9
USER INFO »
Let me correct what I said. The Director of Security at the hotel was quoted as saying that 311 started it. He said that the incident was captured on security cameras, so he obviously must have watched the tape before saying anything about the fight.

Old 12-02-2005, 02:10 PM   #84
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Wouldn't surprise me if WU bans any questions about it. Look what happened at that interview where he was set up. From all accounts, the WU people weren't too happy with that.

True. But I'd like to think that for Scott's own good, they'd allow him to at least tell his side of the story and leave it at that. Right now people think he is remaining silent because the fight was all his fault.

Old 12-02-2005, 02:15 PM   #85
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) True. But I'd like to think that for Scott's own good, they'd allow him to at least tell his side of the story and leave it at that. Right now people think he is remaining silent because the fight was all his fault.
I don't know. When he told his side of the story about the Chicago show, that was a PR nightmare.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:17 PM   #86
sina2b
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Let me correct what I said. The Director of Security at the hotel was quoted as saying that 311 started it. He said that the incident was captured on security cameras, so he obviously must have watched the tape before saying anything about the fight.

True, but what 311 is saying can actually happen if what theyre saying is true. But how you can analyze a fight and know who started it with a video with no voice at a very dark place just does not seem logical to me. Note that 311 admits to have started the ass kicking, but what actually started the fight was the comment stapp has made on one of their wives which the security manager does not know or can not tell from the video.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:36 PM   #87
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I don't know. When he told his side of the story about the Chicago show, that was a PR nightmare.

Yeah, because it now appears that he lied about that to make himself look better. If he tells the truth about this new incident, maybe he can regain some credibility and some respect from people.

Quote: (Originally Posted by sina2b) True, but what 311 is saying can actually happen if what theyre saying is true. But how you can analyze a fight and know who started it with a video with no voice at a very dark place just does not seem logical to me. Note that 311 admits to have started the ass kicking, but what actually started the fight was the comment stapp has made on one of their wives which the security manager does not know or can not tell from the video.

He might be able to tell that IF it had audio as well as visual. There's no telling if it did or didn't. Regardless, even if Stapp did say something(and if he did, that's downright disgraceful) that doesn't excuse violence. I've been called names in the past and have not raised a fist, no matter how bad. The only time I would result to fighting would be in self defense if I were attacked physically first. It would have been just as easy for 311 to walk out and leave Stapp there. I understand that the dude's wife's feelings were probably hurt, but I still don't think violence is the answer.

Old 12-02-2005, 02:51 PM   #88
sina2b
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) He might be able to tell that IF it had audio as well as visual. There's no telling if it did or didn't. Regardless, even if Stapp did say something(and if he did, that's downright disgraceful) that doesn't excuse violence. I've been called names in the past and have not raised a fist, no matter how bad. The only time I would result to fighting would be in self defense if I were attacked physically first. It would have been just as easy for 311 to walk out and leave Stapp there. I understand that the dude's wife's feelings were probably hurt, but I still don't think violence is the answer.

Very rarely security cameras have audio, even if it had audio how in the world would it capture scott's voice with music being played in the bar and all the other noise that usually goes on in a bar.

And yes your absoloutly right, a mature person would most likely not get into a fight no matter what the situation is but note that it was in a bar, and they were all drinking and a bit out of control. However drinking and fighting with someone who comments rudely on your wife is very different than drinking and breaking shot glasses and walking on people and talking shit to them.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:58 PM   #89
titan9
USER INFO »
The thing is, until we can see the video footage(if we ever do), we won't know for sure if Scott was really doing all the stuff that 311 said he was. We don't know if he broke shot glasses, if he really said that stuff to that guy's wife or if he even talked s*** to 311. All we've heard is 311's side of the story, which may or may not be fully true. Afterall, we've(or at least I have) already seen some inaccuracies in their story.

It's true, bar fights happen all the time between drunk people for no apparent reason. They're pointless and sometimes quite harmful. If those people were in the right state of mind and not drunk, there wouldn't be any fights. I'm sure in this case that both Stapp and 311 were drunk(probably out of their minds) and that's why the fight occured.

Old 12-02-2005, 03:07 PM   #90
sina2b
USER INFO »
because logically you have to believe 311 at this point.

1) this is the first time something like this has hapenned to them, not stapp.
2) they havent lied before, not stapp.
3) SpikeTV people are saying the same thing not to mention others.
4) Its strange that scott hasnt released a statement after all this time.
5) Alot of people close to stapp are having issues with him.

If your ignoring the facts above, then you just dont like to believe it. Your overall right when you say your waiting for solid evidence but in my oponion thats an excuse to not believe it for now in stapp's case. Because stapp's behaivior is well over solid evidence and wether this one incident is true or not does not change the fact that he has to get has act together.