++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-01-2005, 10:19 PM   #61
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
So the police weren't called? Then how come 311 said they were? Was that just a lie on 311's part? It seems to me that the more that comes out, the less credible 311 appears to be. I'd still love to see that security tape, though.

And for the record, I'd be more inclined to believe an unbiased observer than 311.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 12-01-2005, 10:35 PM   #62
sina2b
USER INFO »
The police probably went there and after the talk they had they decided to let it go since all were celebrities, 311 did say they did not intend to make this public at first.

As for the hotel manager, how would he not comment at first? Or is rollingstone lying? The manager saw everything on tape, those dont have voice and yes in general 311 did start the actual fight, they have admitted it themselves that scott was looking for a fight and "We" gave it to him.

If you guys really like stapp this is not the way to go about this, because stuff like this ultimately hurts him more than anyone else and defending and supporting his actions will most likely not make him change the way he is.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:37 PM   #63
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I think everybody's just wanting to know what really happened. It's not a matter of supporting his actions. Violence isn't the answer to solving problems.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:40 PM   #64
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
This show ought to be interesting when it airs. I'm watching it for sure. As for the rest of this nonsense, let's just say whether Stapp started it or 311 started it, trouble does still seem to follow Stapp wherever he goes.

Reps for Stapp and Ostrosky did not respond to detailed messages yesterday, but viewers can see Stapp's bad behavior for themselves - with appropriate bleeps, of course - when the show airs Dec. 6.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 12-01-2005, 10:44 PM   #65
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I think everybody's just wanting to know what really happened. It's not a matter of supporting his actions. Violence isn't the answer to solving problems.

Exactly. And given what the AP report says, it seems like the 311 guys were more at fault than they were willing to admit. They painted themselves as the good guys, when they were apparently in the wrong as well. Still doesn't excuse Stapp's drunken behavior, if he was in fact smashed.

Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) This show ought to be interesting when it airs. I'm watching it for sure. As for the rest of this nonsense, let's just say whether Stapp started it or 311 started it, trouble does still seem to follow Stapp wherever he goes.

Agreed. I will watch it, however, I cannot promise I'll sit through the whole movie they are showing...I think it's a Jean Claude Van Damm movie.

Old 12-01-2005, 10:48 PM   #66
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9)
Agreed. I will watch it, however, I cannot promise I'll sit through the whole movie they are showing...I think it's a Jean Claude Van Damm movie.
I hope somebody tapes it
Old 12-01-2005, 10:51 PM   #67
titan9
USER INFO »
With that, the question now is: given PBF rips anything on TV that involves Stapp, will they rip his appearance on that show? I'm sorry, I could not resist.

Old 12-02-2005, 07:15 AM   #68
facelessmike
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) With that, the question now is: given PBF rips anything on TV that involves Stapp, will they rip his appearance on that show? I'm sorry, I could not resist.

That will be VERY interesting

Wow, I think every base has been covered since I last saw this thread 24 hrs ago...now we just have to find out the truth. If this continues to grow, WU should release a statement...cant wait for the 6th.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:24 AM   #69
TheGreatDivide
USER INFO »
this is pretyt big news since its on Fark.com and only big news makes that site
I swear I still believe though I don't know - Words Darker Then Their Wings
Old 12-02-2005, 10:06 AM   #70
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TheGreatDivide) this is pretyt big news since its on Fark.com and only big news makes that site
i asure you it will grow old
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 12-02-2005, 10:44 AM   #71
Stappishot
USER INFO »
Is it true?

If it's not true, why wont Stapp let everyone know. If a rumor was going around about me, and it wasn't true, I would tell everyone, listen this rumor that is going around is not true, and it's all a lie. But since he's not responding and coming with his own story of what happened, I'm thinking this is true. Why would u let something go around about u if it's not true? U would try to put an end to it somehow, right?
Old 12-02-2005, 11:13 AM   #72
titan9
USER INFO »
He's on Rockline December 5th, and I'd assume that they'll ask him about it. He's probably waiting to properly address it then. Also, Wind-up may be telling him NOT to say anything. Afterall, they have refused to comment on it.

At this point, we know something happened between Stapp and 311. The Hotel Security Manager has confirmed it and it was caught on tape. What we don't know, though, is who's more at fault in this: Stapp or 311. Right now, that manager says 311 definitely started it. And because he is an unbiased observer, I'd be more inclined to believe him, especially because there have been inaccuracies in 311's story. I'm thinking they wanted to discuss it as quickly as possible, paint themselves as the good guys, and hope that it wouldn't be all over the internet and that no one who was there would come forward. If everything that 311 said was true, then why isn't the security manager backing their story up? That's why I doubt some of what 311 has said.

Old 12-02-2005, 11:30 AM   #73
stappissohot
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) If you haven't heard this already... Apparantly on Thanksgiving Stapp entered a hotel bar drunk, got into an argument with the hotel concilearge (sp?) and then proceeded to get into a fight with two members from the band 311. Here's a statement from 311:

Another thread here One of the band members actually told the same story during an interview on KROQ radio today as well.

This is almost a mirror of his previous "bar fights." You can only give him the benefit of doubt so many times... just when it seems he's getting his act together this has to happen...
Just a friendly reminder to not believe everything you read....Scott wants to remind all not to believe everything you read, some is probably true but again don't believe everything you read
And where it lies at sea
A wounded man sounds desperate when he’s lost all his belief
Can you look into my eyes and say you won’t betray me

Tabula Rasa from The Dark Poet!
Old 12-02-2005, 12:21 PM   #74
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I bet Stapp will take like a week to address the question and will just reply by saying "it was just a wild night. That's what's rock n' roll is all about" or something to that extent, like they did after Chicago...
Old 12-02-2005, 12:30 PM   #75
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I hope we don't get another 'it's rock and roll' explanation.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.